GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Baby, You Can Drive My Car [Selling Other Player's Cars]

fw3

Baby, You Can Drive My Car [Selling Other Player's Cars]  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should Players Be Able to Sell Other Player's Cars?

• Yes, absolutely!
    • Yes, but only if there's an option for "Make vehicles salable by other players?" in the menu.
    • Maybe?
    • No, absolutely not!
    • Stupid poll. Go clean your room, dude.

One thing I love more than anything in this game is when a player leaves access to their cars set to "Everyone."

I do it, because I'd rather have some chuckleboy steal my car and go joyriding in my car than blow it up. Plus, I can track the bugger.

But, what if there were an option so other players could steal your car and then go sell it?

It would have sort of a gambling tone to it, as you would be risking actually losing your ride to another player.
You'd have to pretty danged confident to drive around Los Santos with that option turned on.

Also, most other players wouldn't know whether the car was salable or not, so chances may be they would just blow it up or joyride it.

In the interest of fun discussion and my own curiosity, would this have any appeal?
As an on/off option, I think it could be interesting and an interesting way to make money.
And who knows, maybe half the money goes to the player whom the car was stolen from, in the first place? Just saying.

Cheers! Looking forward to your thoughts. ;)

0_0.jpg

• Like 3

If you steal a car that was left to everyone then they deserve it....

But people would use to give $ to friends and Rockstar wouldn't allow that.

Edited by mareepx

No. Absolutely f*cking not.

We need Scubadave back in charge of idea threads.

• Like 3
iz5LICs.gif

Quinn_flower

Hackers will abuse this and do you really want kids more Annoying as it is jacking rides saying yolo and swag and n**** that ride is my mine now.

Edited by Quinn_flower

maybe even pink slips in races or if you do sell the car to other players make a available on some type of eye finder site maybe people can even bid on it, R* can make an ebay parody like tbag lol

• Like 2

OP, are all your threads' titles song references? :lol:

OT: I stole someone's Zentorno and drove it from Rancho to Paleto Bay. Would of been a nice bit of extra cash ;)

Edited by ModderX
  • Like 1

Hackers will abuse this and do you really want kids more Annoying as it is jacking rides saying yolo and swag and n**** that ride is my mine now.

maybe not that. it possible that is will lead to some type of car money glitch

Biohazard Abyss

This is a truly horrible idea, and would just give me a lot more incentive to stay away from public free roam.

klZZFxG.png

A Maned Wolf

If car/part pricing was like in SP, then I might be interested.

But as it stands, 300k+ in car parts alone, plus the price of the car, means you stand to lose at least 500k to near 1.6mil per car.

Nope.jpg

RoyalRedXIII

Yeah, I'd like to be able to sell other peoples chrome adders if they leave the option open to friends to sell a friends car. Another avenue to "give cash."

Regardless of whatever somebody votes -.- you should still clean your room OP. Don't forget to take a bath either.

CarimboHanky

this "feature" wont work because then no one would drive their cars out unless they are confined to a invite only session.

plus this feature could be used to transfer wealth and we all know R* wont allow such thing.

Linchpin636

I think all PVs and "too hot" cars should be own able.

This IS Grand Theft Auto, right?

Stolen PVs should NOT be sell-able or mod able from a thief though for 24 in game hours, but can be stored in the thieves garage at any time.

The thief has the option to only add a tracker and insurance (during the first 24 hours with very high deductible) and is tagged as a stolen personal vehicle forever. (Add in an award for PVs Successfully Stolen)

The original owner should be able to track the stolen PV forever. This way if you run into the thief in another lobby later on, you are notified by Lester that your old vehicle is present and you can steal it back. The thief is NOT notified that the previous owner is present until the car is stolen back.

Once stolen, if the thief holds onto the stolen PV for 24 in game hours, he gets to keep it, but the original owner can pay the deductible and have it replaced.

To keep the cheaters at bay, resale value on stolen PVs is set to $20,00.00 across the board regardless of the car model/mods and has the same timer as any vehicle sold at LSC.

The stolen cars' blip shows on the map at all times to original owner. Even when stored in a garage. The original owner can steal back the car from the theifs garage, but the thief is notified by Lester that the car has been stolen back by original owner.

To avoid this gameplay, install a remote bomb to your cars. If stolen, detonate, and pay the deductible.

If you have insufficient funds, Mors will hold the car for 48 in game hours After which time the car is then terminated.

Stolen PV gameplay only available in public lobbies to avoid cheaters in invite only lobbies.

"Too Hot" vehicles should also be sellable and own able, but the thief has to survive the bounty in that current session though.

Stolen "too hot" vehicles cannot be stored in any way until you survive the bounty. The stolen vehicle will not de spawn once stolen so you can stash the stolen car and survive the bounty any way necessary and come back to retrieve the car.

If you are killed, join a mission or leave the current session in any way, the stolen vehicle is no longer available.

Bounty survival time is not counted when in your apartment, garage, LSC, clothing store, etc.

(Not sure if this is how it currently is??)

Edited by Linchpin636
  • Like 2

Shootinalloveryourface

Usually it feels like you get the thread idea, then bang on an apt song name.

This time it feels like that process was reversed.

OT: no sorry but it's a ridiculous idea it's worse than the guy and his red traffic light cameras and fines system

Giovas-570-4

I love that song!!!!

Asked a girl what she wanted to be

She said "baby, can't you see?"

I wanna be famous, a star of the screen

But you can be something in between...

:)

i read the title as "sell players your cars"

changing vote to no.

You mean like the one where you logged onto a video game forum and wrote 8 paragraphs about your personal life, seeking advice?

Yeah, we need more threads like that, for sure.

And remember that note I sent you telling you I was ignoring you? Yeah. That. I should remember my own advice.

/ICTC

Biohazard Abyss

You mean like the one where you logged onto a video game forum and wrote 8 paragraphs about your personal life, seeking advice?

And remember that note I sent you telling you I was ignoring you? Yeah. That. I should remember my own advice.

/ICTC

What's wrong with that thread? I hope you know the General Chat section is a completely different world, dude.

klZZFxG.png

This is a truly horrible idea, and would just give me a lot more incentive to stay away from public free roam.

If you could elaborate on why it's horrible, I'd be curious to know. Again, it would be an option, not mandatory.

And as it is, it's only a discussion for a fictional concept that would never occur. ;)

Biohazard Abyss

If you could elaborate on why it's horrible, I'd be curious to know. Again, it would be an option, not mandatory.

And as it is, it's only a discussion for a fictional concept that would never occur. ;)

Optional or not, it would make free roam a friggin' warzone. Since you're saying players would not know if the car owner has the option on or not, everyone in a super and sports car would be hunting, or hunting down others, killing them and taking their rides just to see if they can be sold.

I still have the right to call a fictional concept horrible, so yeah :whuh:

klZZFxG.png

/ICTC

What's wrong with that thread? I hope you know the General Chat section is a completely different world, dude.

Sorry Bio, I'm not interested in being drawn off-topic. My reply was to ICTC, not you.

If you'd like to engage me in a private discussion, please send a PM. I'm happy to oblige.

Edited by fw3

Optional or not, it would make free roam a friggin' warzone. Since you're saying players would not know if the car owner has the option on or not, everyone in a super and sports car would be hunting, or hunting down others, killing them and taking their rides just to see if they can be sold.

I still have the right to call a fictional concept horrible, so yeah :whuh:

I appreciate the extended thoughts, @Biohazard Abyss. You are 100% entitled to your opinion, which I hope u know I wholly respect. cheers! ;)

Edited by fw3
  • Like 1

Biohazard Abyss

I'd see it working more if it was a separate lobby-type filled with more aggressive-type rules/ideas like this one, for risk-takers/thrill-seekers/etc.

• Like 2
klZZFxG.png

No simply because it would be another way to transfer cash. Also I would think someone would be rather pissed off if you nicked their car and sold it. I can understand the concept but I just can't see it working properly. If this kind of system was put into place R* should make the game a lot harder for a player who steals and sells another players car. For example if you steal and sell a players car you get an instant 3 star wanted level which lasts for an in-game month and the timer only counts down in public sessions. Also you won't be able to lose the cops so you will always be running from them and off the radar is disabled as well.

I know you're going for realism, OP, and I thought about it long ago when I left my Sultan hidden in a bush while I was in my buzzard. What would happen if there was no locked doors? What if a player could take my car to a shop and sell it? It's realistic but it would annoy the crap out of people to the point where they'd steal cars off the street if they went somewhere that meant they couldn't keep an eye on their car but then the NPC's would place bounties on people for stealing the NPC's car. Imagine you're in cover, having a shoot out with a player and his buddy steals your car and you watch it drive away while saying, "f*ck!" over and over again because you f*cked up. Because you know he's going to sell it. Because you know this was a ruse by the two of them.

GTA:O needs more realism but not to the point of being a chore. I remember many people wanted GTA V to have real fuel so you had to stop at a gas station and fill up or steal a car with more gas. I was one of those that was doubtful it would be added because R* have said in the past it was a task many people didn't want to do and made gameplay slower but I would of welcomed it. I stop at the gas station just for fun when I'm not being chased. It must be hard to be a game creator, to think, "okay, let's add this but not doe it this way as it doesn't seem real...oh, and remove that feature, that's stupid, no one is going to like that."