GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Too many pistols to cycle between

StormerBoy

It's so annoying when I'm flicking between the SMG and Sticky Bombs whilst driving.

I own 6 pistols and never require any of them whilst driving as I would sooner use my SMG.

Why isn't there a way to turn them off (or leave them in my apartment if you will). That way when I change weapon in the car it is simply a choice between:

SMG

Grenade

Tear Gas

ninjaontour

Select the weapon you don't want and hit Y or Triangle while on the weapon wheel to throw it away.

The basic pistol returns on every session change, so just remember to chuck it each time you start.

Edited by ninjaontour

RoyalRedXIII

Next time they release new pistols in an update (and you KNOW they will. Rockstar just loooves pistols.)

Just don't buy them. Simple.

Edited by RoyalRedXIII

Select the weapon you don't want and hit Y or Triangle while on the weapon wheel to throw it away.

The basic pistol returns on every session change, so just remember to chuck it each time you start.

Doesn't that permanently lose it for you though? I know they are probably not expensive to buy back again, if I actually need them that is, but I don't like the idea of throwing away what I have paid for.

ninjaontour

Doesn't that permanently lose it for you though? I know they are probably not expensive to buy back again, if I actually need them that is, but I don't like the idea of throwing away what I have paid for.

Yes, it's permanent for everything but the base pistol. You can always regain the others for free by picking them up in a survival and then buying ammo for them.

Edited by ninjaontour

RoyalRedXIII

Yes you do permanently lose them, unless you pick it back up.

If you are concerned about losing money, that why I said don't buy them to begin with.

Yes, it's permanent for everything but the base pistol. You can always regain the others for free by picking them up in a survival and then buying ammo for them.

Suppose it will have to be that then. Wish R* would allow you to customise it a little.

How do you turn the flash light on/off on your gun whilst using the weapon wheel? I have tried all the buttons and nothing works, and yes I have purchased the light for the weapon in question.

Edited by StormerBoy

RoyalRedXIII

You can only toggle the light on and off while your gun is drawn, not with the weapon wheel out. You press right on the d-pad.

Edit: you also have to be aiming your gun in order to flip the flashlight on or off.

Edited by RoyalRedXIII
  • Like 2

Or stop complaining and deal with it

RDR had more pistols

RDR had more pistols

Thanks for that worthwhile contribution to the thread.

RDR had more pistols

Thanks for that worthwhile contribution to the thread.any time :)

It's so annoying when I'm flicking between the SMG and Sticky Bombs whilst driving.

I own 6 pistols and never require any of them whilst driving as I would sooner use my SMG.

Why isn't there a way to turn them off (or leave them in my apartment if you will). That way when I change weapon in the car it is simply a choice between:

SMG

Grenade

Tear Gas

Just throw whatever weapons you dont want away, i only have std pistol as that always come back and AP pistol, all my other guns also, i have 1 or 2 to cycle between or its too much effort when in a gun battle having to cycle through a million weapons lol.

On my main character I kind of collect everything in the game. I have all the weapons because I like the idea of having them available when I want to. I do use all of them at times, but some only on very rare occasions. But I also like the way I've customized all the weapons and I don't want to lose that. I try to keep my second character a little more realistic so that one only has a pistol, sawed off shotgun, assault rifle and micro SMG.

We need a gun safe in our apartment where we can keep our guns that we don't want to take with us without losing the customization options or having to buy the guns again. it would also be cool to see all your guns in one place so you can look at your collection.

Edited by CenMan
  • Like 5

It's always been unclear why players can't:

1. sell weapons

2. sell cars that are "too hot to modify"
3. interact socially with NPCs

4. go into passive while in vehicles
5. climb hills without sliding like a dead, wet seal

Just my 2¢.

You can only toggle the light on and off while your gun is drawn, not with the weapon wheel out. You press right on the d-pad.

Edit: you also have to be aiming your gun in order to flip the flashlight on or off.

I didn't know you could do this. Thanks :)

• Like 1

That's why I decided to just throw away anything I don't use. Kind of annoying that the basic pistol keeps coming back though.

RoyalRedXIII

I didn't know you could do this. Thanks :)

Always glad to help :^:

It's always been unclear why players can't:

1. sell weapons

2. sell cars that are "too hot to modify"

3. interact socially with NPCs

4. go into passive while in vehicles

5. climb hills without sliding like a dead, wet seal

Just my 2¢.

Most of that seems obvious to me.

1. We can pick up guns from NPC's. Then people would gun farm.

2. People would farm high end cars.

3. Our characters don't speak.

4. You can always run a person over, passive or not. Disabling passive in vehicles allows the person on foot to defend themselves.

5. We climb hills just fine. About the same as any other GTA game.

I dunno man, I'm loving all the pistols
I wish they could get the 1911 right though :/ Heavy pistol has that weird sight on it and 18 bullet clip w/o extended mag (wtf rockstar?), and the vintage pistol has that weird long ass barrel D:

Aw well. Hope they add a nice looking P250 or something

Also the AP pistol w/ extended mag is waaaaaay better than the SMG you can drive by with dude
It's crazy

Edited by Lukezke

System 11:11

It's no so bad tbh op. I have eight pistols I have to cycle through. Though it does bother me in the shotgun section, but

I love all 5 of them.

• 4 weeks later...

That's why I decided to just throw away anything I don't use. Kind of annoying that the basic pistol keeps coming back though.

yeah i do the exact same but the basic pistol always reappears. is this a glitch?

The only thing that bugs me is when you're changing weapons while driving and you have to cycle through 50 useless weapons.

Why the f*ck would I want to fire anything from a car other than the AP pistol? And why would I want to drop Tear Gas from a moving car?

Edited by senormidget
  • Like 3

I have dropped several guns from inventory. However, throwing normal pistol will just make you lose your mods. That thing always come back like cursed weapon from Lamar..

They should add an option where we can choose accessible weapons our self when drivning. Its crazy right now going from grenade to a usable gun.

Charles_Lee_Raye

I dropped all pistols but the ap and my Ce .50 cal. I would suggest the same. Ap for drivebys and the ce if u have or heavy pistol for 1 shot kills. Everu other gun is useless, not as powerful just has a different look.

We Are Ninja

Eh. I'd rather have too many weapons on my character than too few...

What Rockstar should do is allow us to set a default weapon in each category of the wheel, like you can do with helmets.

• Like 4

I dropped a ton of weapons because I was tired of hitting the X button in a car to get to the AP pistol. I chucked out the useless uzi and combat pistol. When driving a car, I got grenades, tear gas, pistol or AP pistol which is all you need. I got:

-2 pistols (pistol & AP pistol)
-1 machine gun (technically 2 as I got the Combat MG and the undroppable Sweeper which I hate)
-1 rifle (Special Carbine)
-2 snipers (silenced sniper & heavy sniper)
-2 melee (knife & baton)
-1 shotgun (auto shotgun)
-3 specials (grenade/rocket launcher & minigun)
-4 explosive (grenade, sticky, tear gas & fuel)

It sounds like a lot of weapons to carry around but it isn't much (although I can still clear some more space). I just hate having too many weapons and not using some. My main weapon is the Special Carbine and honestly I could live off on it alone. I read another topic where the subject was having a hardcore mode and one suggestion was only being able to carry two weapons. I'm sure this could be tweaked to carry 3 grenades and a tear gas on a belt but I would love to have only two weapons and have them appear on me such as a pistol on my thigh or a gun on my back with a strap.

Off-topic: OP, have you played single player? I'm wondering how many people don't know about stuff you learn in SP. I know a lot of people don't play SP, they're seriously missing out.

• Like 2