2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Area 69 "Black Project" Silo [From the Chain Game] by 0909090

I discovered a rather odd glitch in Black Project mission. I was playing like usual up to the point where I opened a door to the launch bay. Soldiers, obviously, attacked me immediately and I realised that I haven't deactivated SAM sites yet. So I went back to deactivate them, and I came back and this happened:

0KMbgSxl.png

xhyiTZcl.png

qS4HI7sl.png

Basically, the soldiers completely ignored me; I even punched them, kicked them, shot them but they kept ignoring me. The only person which was 'active', running around the lauch bay was the scientist who I stole the keycard from. I replayed the mission a couple of times; I got the same results everytime. You have to deactivate the SAM sites, otherwise it won't work. I am not sure if anyone has discovered this before, but I am fairly sure that I am the first one. By the way, does anybody know what might be the cause of this glitch?

Edited by lil weasel

LOLOLOL What a discovery I'll have to try that ASAP

Probably some bad coding is causing this, as somewhere on the disable the SAM sites, must render the "wanted level" of the army guys against you disabled LOLOLOLOL Probably a 0 or a 1 in the coding LOLOLOL

I wonder what would happen if you simply ignore the soldiers shooting you and go straight to disable the SAM site will the other also ignore you?!? I doubt it's possible to survive those soldiers but nevertheless it's something interesting

• Like 3

...Just if it made the quest to obtaining the AP Mothership easier! :p:p

Great find, man! :)

• Like 2
chrisscorsese88

This is a really good find, I will be doing SA soon (right after I finish IV & EFLC) so when I get to this mission, it's definitely something I will take advantage of.

Do you think this new glitch will really make obtaining the AP Mothership easier?

Edited by chrisscorsese88

I've seen similar behavior in other games but not in SA. My initial guess would be that they lost aggression when CJ got out of range and nothing told them to pick it up again. Are you interested in poking around in the game scripts to see what can be learned?

And for the record, I can't think of any Chain Game modification that could possibly effect this mission. The only thing we did in that area was move the vent cover over to Jefferson to use as a ramp for a USJ through the Sprunk sign, but this mission should restore the vent cover. I don't see any kind of connection.

• Like 2

This is a really good find, I will be doing SA soon (right after I finish IV & EFLC) so when I get to this mission, it's definitely something I will take advantage of.

Do you think this new glitch will really make obtaining the AP Mothership easier?

Haha, no, this won't make the AP Mothership any easier. The AP Mothership is kinda "out of the mission" type of vehicle. Once you get to the bottom of that silo as you see above in the photos, you will take the Jetpack and fly immediately to the Quarry and get into the Crane to get rid of the Jetpack, then go to Fort Carson to the vending machine to get the ability back to drive vehicles, and then you get the Tank from Area 69, and then go to where you meet The Truth and get the AP Mothership. I was just joking about making it easier to get the vehicle. It's still a super nice, find though.

Although, the mission isn't very bad. Once I failed obtaining the AP Mothership the first try, I got annoyed and just rushed into the base, didn't care if I was being shot at or spotted by the spotlights and just gunned it down into the silo quickly shot up the military guards, got to the Jetpack and got the hell out of there. It's really not a bad mission, and actually quite fun. I liked a lot of the mission in SA unlike most of the other games with the tedious and repetitive nonsense.

I've seen similar behavior in other games but not in SA. My initial guess would be that they lost aggression when CJ got out of range and nothing told them to pick it up again. Are you interested in poking around in the game scripts to see what can be learned?

And for the record, I can't think of any Chain Game modification that could possibly effect this mission. The only thing we did in that area was move the vent cover over to Jefferson to use as a ramp for a USJ through the Sprunk sign, but this mission should restore the vent cover. I don't see any kind of connection.

Man, how do you know this stuff. You are SA God hahaha :p

Edited by Militia
chrisscorsese88

Haha, no, this won't make the AP Mothership any easier. The AP Mothership is kinda "out of the mission" type of vehicle. Once you get to the bottom of that silo as you see above in the photos, you will take the Jetpack and fly immediately to the Quarry and get into the Crane to get rid of the Jetpack, then go to Fort Carson to the vending machine to get the ability back to drive vehicles, and then you get the Tank from Area 69, and then go to where you meet The Truth and get the AP Mothership. I was just joking about making it easier to get the vehicle. It's still a super nice, find though.

Although, the mission isn't very bad. Once I failed obtaining the AP Mothership the first try, I got annoyed and just rushed into the base, didn't care if I was being shot at or spotted by the spotlights and just gunned it down into the silo quickly shot up the military guards, got to the Jetpack and got the hell out of there. It's really not a bad mission, and actually quite fun. I liked a lot of the mission in SA unlike most of the other games with the tedious and repetitive nonsense.

Oh okay, it kind of sounded like you were joking but I wanted to make sure. This is still a neat find though, I wonder how many other glitches are in this game (or any game) that people have yet to find.

• Like 1

I just thought that it wasn't topic-worthy, so I posted it in the chain game lounge instead of creating a new topic. Much thanks to Weasel for posting this in a new topic, I doubt that many people would notice it in lounge. By the way, I would like to sort of "poke around" in game scripts, though my expertise with this is still on a rookie level.

By the way, I found a handful of other game oddities, so I might post them here again. It seems like they got lost in the chain game lounge.

• Like 2

This game is so old, and people still manage to find glitches... lmao

The game isn't old It's a classic :lol: and by far the more explored on the series :sly:

• Like 2

The game isn't old It's a classic :lol: and by far the more explored on the series :sly:

I was just gonna say something similar. It might be a decade old, yet it's the most loved game by most GTA fans. And being "old" doesn't make it bad or anything like that. I'd put down any of that HD crap before putting down SA and the 3D Era.

• Like 2