GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

I Just Called 2 Say I ♥ U [A Telephone Thread]

fw3

How many times have you been embroiled in a vicious battle or pushing 200mph fleeing from the cops, when Brucie calls to tell you about BS testosterone?

Or, perhaps you are lining up the perfect shot with your sniper rifle on the dude whose been causing tank grief all session, and Ron calls you, and you get run over by someone else?

I often wonder why there's no option to "Turn off phone."

And then there's the whole "money" thing.

How is it possible to deposit cash from my phone? And why does it take 403 steps to do so?
Did you know you can press Y at any time and exit from the phone menu, altogether? yep.

I find it odd that you can call Lester, Merryweather, Pegasus, or the Mechanic, and they'll all do jobs by taking money from the bank. When did I give Lester access to my bank account?
Ironically, Lamar is the only one who requires cash. Weird.

So, my question for you all is – what do you use the phone for most? To whom do you find yourself dialing more than anyone?

One of my favorite "tricks" is to send a mugger on someone, then send them a message via the phone, taunting them to reply. Then, when they do, the mugger hits them!
Another great "trick" is to go Off Radar, via the phone, sneak up on another player and then call that player on the phone. When they're distracted... hit 'em!
Did you know it costs $10 to call another player? It also comes out of your bank account. LOL!!

Anyhow, just curious about how you use the phone in the game. I should also add that I really love the Snapmatic feature. Brilliant part of this game. Taking selfies was never so... creepy?

0_0.jpg

PrestoWater

I once texted someone, "You jacked my ride! I'm gonna have you smoked." to make him believe he's gonna get a bounty. It didn't work, since it showed my gamertag above the text. Most clever thing I have attempted with the phone, I just wished it could fool people!

Someone put a bounty on my head, and I went to my apartment upon sending the following message:

"Nice try ;)"

I wonder if they did anything else... Oh yeah! They called me a P***y.

j4hhYw6.png

How many times have you been embroiled in a vicious battle or pushing 200mph fleeing from the cops, when Brucie calls to tell you about BS testosterone?

never because no car can reach anywhere near 200

Or, perhaps you are lining up the perfect shot with your sniper rifle on the dude whose been causing tank grief all session, and Ron calls you, and you get run over by someone else?

I dont go near tanks in public sessions

Sentinel Guy runs me over the most in sessions and thats hardly ever

a turn off phone option would be cool

Edited by Winning001

I once called a guy in-game, saying the same annoying lines Ron and the rest say ("It's Ron from TPI here ..." "Hey, it's Lester! Have you captured a bounty yet?"), but I never got much of a response... he never hanged up, though.

I'll have to see if there are any soundboards out there compiled of those annoying phone calls you get in multiplayer.

TheGoodSgtScooter

I text people and call them peasants.

• Like 2

xInfamousRYANx

I always send messages before detonating the remote bomb in my car.

You jacked my ride. Im gonna have you smoked. Boom! They die

happygrowls

"ITS RON FROM TPI HERE"

• Like 1

I once called a guy in-game, saying the same annoying lines Ron and the rest say ("It's Ron from TPI here ..." "Hey, it's Lester! Have you captured a bounty yet?"), but I never got much of a response... he never hanged up, though.

This is going in my bucket list.

Edited by FedoraTheExplora

I never tried to actually Call another player, is that different than just talking normal over your headset?

PrestoWater

I never tried to actually Call another player, is that different than just talking normal over your headset?

Like in GTA 4, it puts you in a type of private chat with the other person until you hang up

Haha some good tricks in here, nice thread :^:

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet because I'm off to do all the tricks mentioned here!

Ballistic Jello

It's isolated to the two players. Nobody else can hear you.

2rqkacm.jpg

Soran Is On

Has anyone ever called another player? Does that even work?

Edit

^ reading te post above apparently it does.

Edited by stonedpimpso

Haha nice pic. I <3 snapmatic, but my phone is almost filled up! I also use my phone for calling up my boy Johnny on the spot. And creepy uncle Lesty once in a while. Pegasus not so much... they can't deliver my cars to a good location!

Ironically?

Ironically?

Ironically?

It'd be ironic if Lester required tangible cash because he's a freakin' hacker, not Lamar.

Edited by Wrath049
  • Like 2

Shootinalloveryourface

Edit: ^ lol

I read a funny story about someone on here sending messages.

I now send messages every session. I love it. Any of the following:

lol noob

lmao

Watch ur bk

Help me

double crosser kill him

illfucingaveu

Edited by shootingallovertheplace

I mostly use my phone to send messages to people, I have noticed that people seem to be a little more offended when I take the time to tell them that I just shat all over them, instead of just sh*tting on them. I have also had the same happen to me so I can confirm this is true.

It's also a good way to get rid of cheaters by informing them I'm recording them and then they usually leave. But yeah, my primary use of the phone: to rub it in.

Affalterbach

Once a guy was standing on a roof and sniped the sh*t out off everyone. So i called Lester and got off the radar, climbed on the ladder and there was i standing behind him. I send him a message with "behind you". And waited a couple off seconds till he turned around, and i just shotgunned the sh*t out of him :).

• Like 2

SAUL_SILVER

I quite often send them to pricks that I meet online, especially if I have a chance to look them up up on SC, the tweens who think they're gangsta are the best.

Nothing funnier than giving a couple of bums the run around then sending cheeky texts, the rage that usually follows can be very amusing.

I wish I had a funny gag I do with my phone, like some others in this thread.

But no, I'm boring, I just use if for depositing Cash, not much else.

• Like 1

Solid Scorpion

I call the mechanic and pegasus, send the odd text and that's about it.

A block ai calls/ignore mode is definitely needed.

For those who might not know, you can also use the phone in SP to call/take calls from people in your friends list whether they're in SP or MP.

Misanthrope Z

this seems to have the worst timing when i'm trying to detonate a stickybomb

left on the d-pad means detonate

not speak to f*cking Ron or Lester about the same thing we've talked about thousands of times already

NikkoCharger

I send "noob" messages to low level players. If they respond in anger, I say: "lol unlock bullet proof tires first".

If I hear or see people doing glitches I tell them that I recorded them and will be emailing the footage to Rockstar.

Anybody with a rank over 400 I send them a message saying you're either a hacker or a try hard.

Edited by NikkoCharger
  • Like 1

TheGoodSgtScooter

I send "noob" messages to low level players. If they respond in anger, I say: "lol unlock bullet proof tires first".

If I hear or see people doing glitches I tell them that I recorded them and will be emailing the footage to Rockstar.

Anybody with a rank over 400 I send them a message saying you're either a hacker or a try hard.

Same. Except the level one, I just say "lul cant kill me im 2 much swag 4 u" and dig in my position.

I often wonder why there's no option to "Turn off phone."

And then there's the whole "money" thing.

How is it possible to deposit cash from my phone? And why does it take 403 steps to do so?

Did you know you can press Y at any time and exit from the phone menu, altogether? yep.

I find it odd that you can call Lester, Merryweather, Pegasus, or the Mechanic, and they'll all do jobs by taking money from the bank. When did I give Lester access to my bank account?

So, my question for you all is – what do you use the phone for most? To whom do you find yourself dialing more than anyone?

One of my favorite "tricks" is to send a mugger on someone, then send them a message via the phone, taunting them to reply. Then, when they do, the mugger hits them!

Another great "trick" is to go Off Radar, via the phone, sneak up on another player and then call that player on the phone. When they're distracted... hit 'em!

Did you know it costs $10 to call another player? It also comes out of your bank account. LOL!!

Anyhow, just curious about how you use the phone in the game. I should also add that I really love the Snapmatic feature. Brilliant part of this game. Taking selfies was never so... creepy?

0_0.jpg

i can't help it but say that it look's like the black guy is checking out your body? :lol: