GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Has Rockstar support ever helped you?

Galaxidus

Has Rockstar Support ever Helped you?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Same as title.

Tabula Rasa

No, I've been back and forth with them trying to restore my rank 232 character for over a month now..maybe longer, (the data became corrupted, and I couldn't play with him)

there's also the matter of tens of millions of dollars I spent and earned legitimately since october launch

They even accused me of illegitimately gaining nearly half my ranks during october, which I obviously didn't accept and since its still not going anywhere fast with online support I need to call them at some point which I haven't done because I've never had to reach support staff for a video game before and I keep putting it off.

I realised I look like a crazy person either way, I might as well be guilty...I'm getting screwed in so many ways I couldn't make heads or tails of where I should start defending my case,..why I should be in the first place.. or what progress and earnings I should be aiming to have restored if I did so.

Really though I simply expected they would see the error, and be able to replace everything if they couldn't fix it. It got fairly complicated and weeks before they even acknowledged the corrupted data and accused me of cheating we had to conclude it was an issue isolated to my character and that my internet was great. "I love the robot comment^"

Which makes it all the more suspicious, because the earlier conversations in my ticket were very technical..they seemed interested in helping me play again, I never expected to be accused of cheating. I explained everything in my first ticket, I explained I knew it was an issue with my character..yet it took them weeks and a dozen or so replies regarding irrelevant information for them to finally mention my character..at which point I said "yes I know..."

I actually went through the trouble of answering all of their default questions before they asked them, trying all of their default suggestions..Just so we could get to the issue with my character faster.

I'm fairly confident they didn't actually Read any of the content in my ticket..what they did read was the ticket status info that you fill out before hand like "can you play, which console, gta online, glitch bug etc."

I had to answer everything a second time, the same way..after the "character issue" became mutual knowledge, I asked what they could do about it, but since they changed the status of my ticket from Cannot Play to Can Play, they had stopped replying, having addressed absolutely nothing.

So I politely addressed the support forum to get attention after waiting even longer, when they finally did reply..it was a different support assistant and they kind of just apologized for my having difficulty, with the game and support, "I said thanks" and they didn't answer me.

Eventually they repeated confirmation that my character was corrupted and that I could an rp refund....but that I cheated 130 ranks "mind blown."

I'm still in awe that they somehow think I cheated, I played dms and missions for nearly 600 hours since online launched, and I grinded a lot...doubly so because I lost a tank and a whole garage of modded high end cars in october so I dedicated the subsequent month to earning back both the cars, the tank and all my money " a second time technically." The motivation for this gameathon was the fact I would never do it again, and I wouldn't need too.

They didn't mention my money or anything else, and I still haven't played online.

It was like going to the doctor about a hangnail and being told your life savings were from a bank robbery ten years in the future, didn't make much sense to me; I still haven't played online since all of this and I plan on reaching telephone support eventually.

Edited by Tabula Rasa

ninjaontour

My latest ticket has been passed from Tier 1 to Tier 2 support, as there is some issue with "pushing this gift through to your account."

The gift that they're attempting to give me is the 500k Stimulus Package we were due to receive last year lol. I opened the ticket about 2 weeks ago.

Edited by ninjaontour

From my experience a train wreck. I was one of the unfortunate ones who lost their character at the beginning and after 4 copy and paste replies from them I didn't even bother replying. Granted it was chaos at the time so perhaps I should account for that but still, a few words that someone typed themselves wouldn't have gone amiss.

TheGoodSgtScooter

Yes, they have. They aren't that bad as some other company I know.

*Cough*EA*cough*

Only with a plate reset.

Never refunded me for a car that was lost.

Id say there is a ladder

At the top Naughty Dog is best

Lowest is EA

And one rung at about average is Rockstar, because they are seriously understaffed.

Fixed it.

Edited by TheGoodSgtScooter

Yeah. I once submitted a ticket for a lost elegy, duneloader and ober 9f (all fully modded before they reduced the prices in LSC). They refunded me 1.3m for the lot. They even admitted they couldn't actually check my claim but they refunded it anyway.

Sounds exploitable...

To my surprise, R* was actually pretty quick in its response, and refunded me money after losing my pegasus vehicles.

The-Cheetah July 05, 2014 12:06

I deleted my second character today to replace it with a female character, and when I switched back to my main character I couldn't access anything from pegasus, and was told that "other customers are using their services" or something along those lines. The only valuable items I had were the tank, buzzard and vestra. I do not know how I can provide proof but I'm sure it's possible for you to see that I had those vehicles. They are worth over $4 million overall so I don't want to buy them back. Can I please have them available through Pegasus again?

Thank you.

Icon_tier1

Nicholas R Last Wednesday at 18:07

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Technical Support!

We do apologize about this issue, if this is still occurring please respond to this email and let us know so we can look into this issue to find a possible solution.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Nicholas R.

Rockstar Technical Support

The-Cheetah Yesterday at 23:02

I am still experiencing this problem. I cannot access my previously bought vehicles.

Icon_tier1

Nicholas R Today at 01:03

Hello The-Cheetah

Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.

We have reviewed your account history and have provided you with GTA$ <3.25 Million> as a one-time customer accommodation. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

R*

Even though I only got refunded for the buzzard and tank and not the vestra, I can't really complain, since I haven't used my tank or vestra in months.

They take like 2 months to reply and when they do its a copied and pasted response about a different topic

ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi

When my fully insured and modded Elegy was destroyed and Mors refused to acknowledge it, R* Support gave me a link to a duping technique, that got me my very same Elegy back. I think that link led me here. So, they did 2 things for me in 1.

Black Terminator

Nah, they never helped me when I reported a hacker.

SC name change & plate reset.

plate took 3 tickets. 1 per month. 1st. 2 said it couldn't be done, even tho Brian B was doing it for people on the support page.

They never helped me when I lost my modded Tailgater due to a insurance glitch. I had to replace it my self.

Yeah they helped me out .. took them about 3 weeks to reply but they did reply .. dont expect them to drop everything for your ticket .. not going to happen

captainspitfire

They have resolved my issues in less than 7 days each time so yes...They have been awesome for me.

I made a ticket about 1.14´s Quick job only sending me to Custom jobs / Empty lobby

Answer : Types of matchmaking

:^:

Sneakerfeen11

Yes, I got helped in about 4 or 5 days. My plate got messed up with the iFruit app and they fixed it.

CarimboHanky

to be honest the couple times i requested help, none of them ever gave me a working solution or even answered a question without copy paste stuff.

• Like 1

I lost my Roosevelt (fully modded) to the MMI glitch where they just don't pick up. People on the forum & friends told me to get a ticket but I couldn't be bothered. I knew they had their hands full and it's just a car. Yes, it sucks but I just moved on so I can't really say if they're helpful or not. Sometimes, helping yourself is the best answer.

TheGoodSgtScooter

I think they've reset my plate around 6/7 times now, I must be a favorite.