2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Flight180Victm

Halloween (2018)

Flight180Victm

After a long hiatus since Rob Zombie's Halloween II, it has been announced that Halloween 3D is finally a go. Apparently the Weinstein Company is once again trying to get Halloween 3D made. Information is currently scarce, and no writer or director is attached to the project, at least not publicly. It is also unclear if the new Halloween film will end up being a sequel to the Zombie films, a reboot/remake of the franchise, or an entry in the original series continuity. The only thing we seem to know for sure is that Bob and Harvey are intent on bringing The Shape back to the big screen.

I'm so glad we're getting another one of Michael's halloween night rampages! Now me, I sort of enjoyed the Rob Zombie remake and it's sequel, so I wouldn't hate if it continued with those. But I certainly wouldn't hate it if we started off fresh again. I will say that I didn't like that the remakes gave Michael a back story, where as, in the originals he was just simply, and purely... Evil. And the remakes, they kind of made him a hillbilly, redneck, sort of killer. Which, that just is not Michael. In the originals, we don't know what lies behind that mask. We don't know what he's thinking, what he looks like or what he sounds like. We don't know! And that is what makes him so f*cking scary! The remakes, they let us see what he looks like, what he was thinking, and why he was the way he was. And in the sequel he actually speaks! Yes it was only one word but still that completely takes away the mystery and the darkness of his character! The remakes, they made him human. And I personally feel that was the biggest mistake that Rob Zombie made. So those are my thoughts. Please share yours. :colgate:

I Will Update This As We Get More Info

Edited by Flight180Victm

Cult Of Personality

Link? Where has this been confirmed? I loved the originals (well, until the latter stages). The remake was just aids.

RARusk

Wouldn't it be interesting if this turns out to be a remake of "Halloween III: Season of the Witch". Although it was a bad movie I really liked its premise and the soundtrack is a personal favorite within my soundtrack collection (I own both the long out of print Varese Sarabande CD and the 25th Anniversary Score).

Flight180Victm

That would suck, only because I wanna see good ol Mikey off some teens. :devil:

But I did enjoy the Season Of The Witch. I feel like that it would have done much better if it didn't have the title Halloween in front of it. If it had been just simply a horror movie called Season Of The Witch, I think a lot more people would have accepted it.

Edited by Flight180Victm

Miamivicecity

Personally I liked that Zombie put more of a backstory on Michael's character. At first I didn't, but after a couple of times it grew on me. Maybe this one might be more in vein of H: 20.

Arrows to Athens

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've noticed that you stated ''I Will Update This As We Get More Info'', and it seems like there's been no update in over three and a half years. Maybe you already know, but a new Halloween film has already been confirmed for a October 19 (Michael's birthday) 2018 release date. The film will ignore all of the Halloween films that succeeded the original Halloween (1978) and will instead be a direct sequel to the original, taking place 40 years after Michael's initial killing spree in 1978. Jamie Lee Curtis will be coming back to reprise her role as Laurie Strode, her first comeback since Resurrection (2002), and Nick Castle will be coming back to reprise his role as Myers. Taking place forty years after the original Halloween, Laurie Strode once again comes face-to-face with Michael Myers.

The film will be directed by David Gordon Green and written by Green and Danny McBride, with John Carpenter serving as the execute producer and creative consultant for the film, as well as working on the score.

After the release of Rob Zombie's Halloween II, a sequel to the 2007 remake of the original, two consecutive follow-ups went into development from former rights holder Dimension Films, respectively, but neither achieved fruition. As a result, the company lost the rights to the intellectual property, later obtained by Blumhouse Productions with John Carpenter's involvement. Carpenter, who disagreed with the remake's portrayal of lead killer Michael Myers, wanted the next Halloween film to be much more terrifying than the preceding sequels. Filmmakers David Gordon Green and Danny McBride, who were already fans, proposed their vision to Blumhouse and Carpenter. It was accepted and developed into a direct sequel to the original, with Jamie Lee Curtis and Nick Castle reprising their roles as Laurie Strode and Myers from the original.

Principal photography commenced on January 13, 2018 in South Carolina, United States and concluded on February 19, 2018. The film is set for release on October 19, 2018.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502407/

Hopefully, we can continue this thread and talk about the Halloween franchise in general, as well as the upcoming one, seeing as we don't have a thread dedicated to the Halloween franchise (I don't think).

Edited by Arrows to Athens

erased

For those who don't follow on social media like Twitter/Instagram.

4cKH0S7.jpg

my5FCy8.jpg

kEq4qom.jpg

7blU6Wh.jpg

vatnizE.jpg

vkUsgBz.jpg

g3YuUyl.jpg

yOWbe2N.jpg

7vbx4r7.jpg

CnA2LFX.jpg

22E4ln3.jpg

S8sLlAE.jpg

lK3Ys95.jpg

PondNewt

Thanks for the updates. As a huge slasher fan I'm looking forward to this. In fact I'm very soon going to re watch all the Halloween films in preparation for the new one. Not that I really need to of course with it ignoring the vast majority of the franchise but I'm going to anyway. First however I have the small business of watching the Camp Blood franchise in its entirety (8 films altogether). I'll perhaps need some Halloween after that as by all accounts Camp Blood isn't very good.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the updates. As a huge slasher fan I'm looking forward to this. In fact I'm very soon going to re watch all the Halloween films in preparation for the new one. Not that I really need to of course with it ignoring the vast majority of the franchise but I'm going to anyway. First however I have the small business of watching the Camp Blood franchise in its entirety (8 films altogether). I'll perhaps need some Halloween after that as by all accounts Camp Blood isn't very good.

Camp Blood? Sounds like some cheap slasher knock-off like Bloody Murder 2.

PondNewt

Yes it is similar to the Bloody Murder series I think in that they are both very much low budget independent style films inspired mostly by Friday the 13th and The Burning etc. I think Camp Blood is maybe shot on video though so possibly even more low budget looking that the Bloody Murder films.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

Yes it is similar to the Bloody Murder series I think in that they are both very much low budget independent style films inspired mostly by Friday the 13th and The Burning etc. I think Camp Blood is maybe shot on video though so possibly even more low budget looking that the Bloody Murder films.

'Video' as in not in the same style as bigger production movies? So basically it looks like a homemade movie? Reminds me of Meatpie Massacre. Most garbage, cringey sh*t I've ever seen.

I can't believe they've managed to spawn eight movies within the franchise, all the way up to 2016. lol

EDIT: I've been looking at the reviews on the Camp Blood movies, and they';re not looking good lmao. Also, why are there two different Camp Blood movies within the same year?

Camp Blood 5 (2016)

Camp Blood 666 (2016)

Wtf?

PondNewt

Yes that's right it means they have been shot on sort of civilian video camcorders I think as opposed to proper film equipment. It first began in the eighties with films like Boardinghouse and Blood Cult but became much more common after that in the nineties onward.

It seems like the Camp Blood franchise has come alive again in the last few years with films being made left and right as you say with several springing up in just a couple of years. There is actually one that was released earlier this year called It Kills Camp Blood 7. Looks to have been inspired by the recent remake of IT. It is actually the 8th film in the series though as there were two number 3's (Within the Woods and First Slaughter). I think compared to the likes of the Halloween franchise it is going to make for some difficult viewing. Sometimes I like the slashers that most seem to hate though so I'm hopeful I may like at least a few of them.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

Yes that's right it means they have been shot on sort of civilian video camcorders I think as opposed to proper film equipment. It first began in the eighties with films like Boardinghouse and Blood Cult but became much more common after that in the nineties onward.

It seems like the Camp Blood franchise has come alive again in the last few years with films being made left and right as you say with several springing up in just a couple of years. There is actually one that was released earlier this year called It Kills Camp Blood 7. Looks to have been inspired by the recent remake of IT. It is actually the 8th film in the series though as there were two number 3's (Within the Woods and First Slaughter). I think compared to the likes of the Halloween franchise it is going to make for some difficult viewing. Sometimes I like the slashers that most seem to hate though so I'm hopeful I may like at least a few of them.

I don't think I can bear to watch any of the movies, to be honest. They look so boring and just... bad. The killer's jumpsuit doesn't fit him; he looks too skinny, like some teenager who decided to just wear a mask one day. The mask looks ridiculous as well. Is it the same killer for all of the Camp Blood films or are they different?

By the way, I watched the trailer for the first one.

At 1:57, what the f*ck is the killer doing? He looks like he's on bath salts trying to hit an invisible pinata.

PondNewt

He looks to be slipping and sliding around a bit in the trailer yeah. Not the most sure footed killer or hulking presense it seems. I'm not sure if it is the same killer in all of them. I'm guessing probably not but I'll have to wait and see when I watch them.

Arrows to Athens

The mask has been created to replicate the one from the original, but aged 40 years.

halloween-2018-michael-myers-poster.jpg

He also apparently has one eye, probably due to the fact that Laurie poked him in his left eye with a coat hanger in the closet scene in the original.

Halloween-2018-Blumhouse-Movie-Michael-M

Also, the script was posted by Nick Castle himself.

MyyI9EM2bkdUaRl3tqSuGd7aquwiPCDaUQDSWP6r

Arrows to Athens

Trailer coming this Friday 8th June!

silly_nate

I've noticed this new Halloween has some similarities to Texas Chainsaw (2013)

possible spoilers below

Spoiler

-Both ignore every film in the series including the remakes

-Both have the ending of the original altered to fit better with the sequel

-Some cast and crew who worked on the original returned for the sequel

Nonetheless, I'm still excited for this new one 🙂 it's been too long since we've had a good Halloween film and with Carpenter himself involved in this, I'm sure he won't let this fail 🤞🏻

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

Damn, looking good.

Possible spoilers:

Spoiler

Teasers for the trailer:

U05moHX.gif

7gydwIl.gif

It's so weird seeing a Halloween film, especially one that is serving as an original sequel, in the 2010's. It's also weird seeing Laurie having confidence shooting a shotgun, having a different daughter (Judy Greer, too), and even having a granddaughter!

RARusk

PondNewt

Trailer looks very promising.  Should be well worth the trip to the cinema when it comes out later in the year.  

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

Possible sequel?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_(2018_film)#Possible_sequel

https://ew.com/movies/2018/06/08/halloween-danny-mcbride-two-sequels/

We will need to see the film's ending first in order to discuss whether a sequel would be warranted, but what do you guys think?

Also, the topic title really needs to be changed to Halloween (2018). "Halloween 3D" was the old name back in 2011, and is misleading as a title. I don't know where the OP is gone. lol Can the mods change it, possibly?

PondNewt

I'd like to see a sequel yeah.  I can't get enough Halloween. 

erased

So I was just watching the trailer again and noticed something....

CohNIFe.jpg

erased

And then there's a Halloween 3 season of the witch Easter egg don't know if it's already been said.

halloween-3-1.jpg?resize=1024,419

((This is from the actual movie here Halloween 3))

↓↓↓↓↓

halloween-3-masks.jpg?w=1079

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

^Great findings. I saw that "28 Thing You Missed In the Halloween Trailer" video.

The kids bumping into Michael is not only a reference to Tommy Doyle's encounter with Michael from the first movie, it's also a reference to the radio boombox scene from Halloween 2, with the kid carrying the radio boombox thingy on his shoulder.

f8a00b693e384a257f6a06bc2f3da1d3.png

f1118d827ad8971c403f790094c61090.png

Also...

1d9b459410b1d58b8d55d8e84dd08225.png

Whose head/hair is that? Certainly not the British documentary dude's, that's for sure. Looks like RZ Loomis' head. lol It's short, spiky, and... grey.

ea3d036bc50d459d4b81623d27185958.png

Here, there's no visible hair, but rather what appears to be a covering of someone's head or something. I don't know. Reminds me of Jason from Friday the 13th Part 2.