Oh, That Wonderful Musket

HolographicBunny

HolographicBunny

I don't know about anyone else, but I am really digging on this Musket. It's a great weapon for self-defense. I won't be taking it to clear any gang hideouts, but it auto-aims with unprecedented range, and packs a hell of whallop. An absolutely great point-and-click answer to a shoot-it-if-it-moves type player.

I heard we're losing fireworks. We lost the Thompson. Please someone tell me we get to keep this wonderful gun. If not, then let's sing its praises here, while we have it.

We did not lose the thompson,my gold musket looks cool and is fun to watch the reload animation. Yes good power and range but overall a novelty as enemy armor has been increased and it takes a head shot for reliable one shot kills. Attempting to clear a gang attack with only using the musket is a fun challenge.

HolographicBunny

I'll 2x check my for my Thompson once I'm done cleaning the house and binge-watching MST3K.

I'm 98% that I, at least, lost mine.

IMO the worst gun in the game, don't rate it at all

Edited by SJH1991

Potato Bean

Its actually a really good gun (but its lock on range is pitiful) because it only takes one shot to the head to kill and that can happen at any range.

wally6911111

yup I love the musket the first night it came out the tdm in the 4th PL I went 26/4 I was smashin ppl n every time ive used it in tdm after its been pretty much the same

RicoSuave87

I do enjoy the musket, mostly for the range and the one-shot kill stopping power. But there have been some "OH sh*t!!" moments where I hit the player and they keep coming, meanwhile I'm trying to reload.

Musket can be real fun. I like the challenge of trying to use it in missions.

The Thompson I lost for one character, but still have it for my other character. I emailed R* about it, but haven't received a fix for it yet. I really like the thompson. It's devastating at medium-close range. I've taken out plenty autoshotty combat roll monkey mask bastards with it to great effect.

HolographicBunny

yup I love the musket the first night it came out the tdm in the 4th PL I went 26/4 I was smashin ppl n every time ive used it in tdm after its been pretty much the same

I can totally see where if you had some support to cover you while you reloaded this could be a genuinely tactically advantageous gun. I haven't DM'ed with it yet, because I don't really DM much at all. I race. So I don't spend a lot on weapons, I spend on cars. I don't have an assault shottie (or a pump shottie) or a sniper. It's totally filled a niche for my arsenal. I took down some jerk who came after me in a buzzard with it the other day. :)

Edited by HolographicBunny

Simply Logic

I don't know about anyone else, but I am really digging on this Musket. It's a great weapon for self-defense. I won't be taking it to clear any gang hideouts, but it auto-aims with unprecedented range, and packs a hell of whallop. An absolutely great point-and-click answer to a shoot-it-if-it-moves type player.

I heard we're losing fireworks. We lost the Thompson. Please someone tell me we get to keep this wonderful gun. If not, then let's sing its praises here, while we have it.

It's basically just a f*cking sniper without the scope, pretty much the same damage.

HolographicBunny

It's basically just a f*cking sniper without the scope, pretty much the same damage.

Can't autotarget w/ the sniper. :)

I currently can't hit a barn door with the musket. I will definitely be practicing more with this weapon after all the hype on this weapon.

SolidSnails

If youre having trouble with the reload time switch to a knife then quickly switch back too you musket.

It skips the reloading sequence effectively turning you into a god smiting people.

wally6911111

I tried to the othe day n it wouldn't work it still made me reload but ill try again