GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The Forgotten Activity - Firing Range

Judicious 7

Judicious 7

Remember that activity? I wonder why I don't get any invites or hear anything about it. It's so old, I think people would rather go Parachuting or accept an Impromptu Race for the heck of it. The firing range is dead. I think after the first few months people figured out that the best way to get your shooting skill up is by practicing on fellow players or NPCs. Is this activity really dead? Has anyone been invited to the range recently?

Ooh one more thing: I bet it'd be cool to see how people are with the DLC weapons. From the Gunsenburg (or berg) to the Musket. I'd participate. But it's so old...

It's usually something I only do with friends, kinda like golf.

• Like 1
6IBTBOM.png

Played it once. Twice if you count Single Player.

j4hhYw6.png

No purpose doing that.

Increasing stats? Do missions and survival.

Having fun? I can't find enjoyment in it.

homeskillet

The lame is easily left behind and forgotten.

Edited by homeskillet

802dc0bb-09dd-4d3e-8787-376684d97cbe_zps

TheSkullmasher

I still do it now and again, and I'm unbeaten because people are bad at it.

There's and XBL Indie Game called "Firing Range" I used to play a lot of and I've just grown fond of twitch target-shooting events, I think it's made me a lot better at shooters.

Sadly, nobody does it though.

AwesomeJokeGTA

Los santos is one big firing range

This

And also it's because it's annoying having to go up in the cloud and back down everytime you finish

• Like 1

mmm chocolate

Yeah my ratio is something stupid like 72wins and 3losses cuz people get in there and have no idea what theyre doing.

Can't tell you how many times I chose the Target Grid (where you have to finish with more targets in your color) with the Minigun...

...and the other person just shoots the wrong color targets. I would just laugh and get the easy win.

Also, its super annoying cuz youre lucky if you get someone to stay for more than one round. Its always a best of three and if you dont do atleast two, you dont get the win if the other person quits just after one try.

Played it once, just to get a PS trophy.

There is RP. And Xbox achieves.

cuti8tushu

No purpose doing that.

Increasing stats? Do missions and survival.

Having fun? I can't find enjoyment in it.

For stats you can actually go to the military base and shoot the tank with someone inside it with the chain gun. Fastest way to increase stats

I think it works if your friend is in the tank too.

YogurtStorm

I enjoy it, especially since I'm a Free Aim guy. If I played Traditional GTA or Auto Aim I wouldn't care, though.

AceThaCreator

I just LITERALLY did this game mode out of boredom along with a few survivals because at this point im SICK of Rooftop Rumble & coveted. I honestly don't like it.

iheartlondon1969

Me and my buddy who's a gun enthusiast in RL like to go to the range because why not? You have to enjoy what the game has to offer instead of whine about what's not in it. :)

StateofMind15

Pretty sure no one does it because the game doesn't aim for them.

• Like 2

AllDay808HI

I still play it with my friends and crew members. I've had a couple randoms, but they all complained about them having to manually aim and shoot the targets.

Sir Michael

I forgot all about the firing range.. that activity helped me sooo much with practicing Free Aim when I couldn't hit moving targets. p

Two days ago I had a 5 round challenge with a friend and won 5 3. I always think about it when I'm in the right ammunition, but only every now and then do I bother with it.

Pumpkin Zone

Last time I went to the firing range there was no choice in using the DLC weapons, but that was a few months ago so .. has that changed?

(also I wreck everyone at the firing range everytime I play, love those random targets)

692fc89cb34cdeaba6dffeb5b9f4be3f611300ec

Doesn't doing all of them (gold medals on every challenge) give you a discount or something at Ammunation?

Or is that only in SP...

Last time I did activity was about December xD, then I can't be bothered doing it because it takes a luck and time to get someone to play with you.

tsouryavong13

I only played it once, to raise my shooting skill to the max. Man that took ages.

Relative007

Never played, never invited and until I read the Topic Title had forgotten it existed.

yeah let's stand in a square room shooting at targets

that's exactly why I bought GTA

Im like 2-0, but probably attempted to host 20 more times with no takers. Dont even remember getting an invite from anyone.