The return of TV shows and movies in single-player DLC?

vigilant743

vigilant743

I don't know about you, but I loved the TV show that Steve Haines hosted and wished it was longer. Do you think in DLC that we will see another episode or two like in GTA IV with The Men's Room. I would also love another episode or two of Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force and RSR with another movie or two added. How about you guys? Did you like the movies and TV shows? I felt they were also and made the world feel more immersive.

• Like 2

Sure as an immersive experience ( and free ), but honestly it falls way down at the very bottom of my most important list of "must-haves"; not important IMO!

• Like 2

bish0p2004

I hope not. I'd rather play the game than watch a tv show...in a video game.

• Like 3

ChrisMathers3501

I think it goes without saying. TLAD had new TV. BOGT had new TV. V had new TV. They'll have more.

Harwood Butch3r

As much as I like the TV (Not so much V's) I would rather R* focus their efforts on substantial gameplay as that's what I feel GTA V lacks. I never really noticed the new TV shows with EFLC and was only interested in the core gameplay both games introduced.

• Like 2

Fuzzknuckles

Inb4theyshouldspendmoretimeonminigamesthanmakingnewtv.

I think I've watched a total of an hour of V's TV. If they can add something worth watching, I'll watch it, but everything I've seen so far has missed the mark in terms of laughs, or was just another poor excuse to shoe-horn that prick Lazlow in.

I really hope the next GTA dispenses with Lazlow completely. I hate that guy.

• Like 4
Signatures are dumb anyway.

I wouldn't want R* to waste one minute on TV or movies unless they were to do a "History of San Andreas" documentary.

You know, the team that does the TV stuff have NOTHING to do with any other area right? It's not like a group of people animating a cartoon are also the coders and scripters of missions. :p

• Like 2

TheDeaconBosco

I think more TV content being added is a safe bet. Both Teenage Kung Fu Lazerforce and Impotent Rage have cliffhanger endings.

You know, the team that does the TV stuff have NOTHING to do with any other area right? It's not like a group of people animating a cartoon are also the coders and scripters of missions. :p

What about the "live action" shows like Jack Howitzer and the movies (and the ads too), aren't these made by the same people that make the cutscenes?
Edited by TheDeaconBosco

Name-IV-Classique.png

• 2 weeks later...
Drill Sergeant

Princess Robot Bubblegum 2 better come out soon. They can't tease us forever.

Just a waste of memory in my opinion and just another trollfest from R* to add to a living breathing world. Hated it in IV and i hate it even more in V considering how half assed the SP campaign is. How about things that add to the gameplay experience? god forbid we don't have TV for a flame thrower (which would add more entertainment hours then "TV")

• 3 weeks later...
doggydude98

They need family guy and south park for the the television or at least their own version of it.

Fuzzknuckles

I can see the reason for including TV and films in GTA, and it's clear that these are not handled by the main dev team, so we can be safe in the knowledge that they have no impact on the actual game content, but I would say these are about as low a priority as it gets, for me.

I'd rather see more music added to the radio, a complete overhaul of the current stations, basically, and completely new content added to (not replacing, but adding to) the talk radio stations. I tend to listen to those over anything else as the radio is pretty abysmal in this GTA.

I don't think I've actually watched everything that's available on TV in either V or IV, but I've seen all of the films. Nothing has really held my interest for longer than 5 minutes at a time.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

I actually liked some of the tv shows in GTA IV and GTA V (not the cartoons)

I thought they were quite funny and made the world feel more immersive like OP said

So hopefully Rockstar will add new one's but obviously some kiddies would want zombies instead

Yes we need more tv shows or even updates to Underbelly of Paradise,cus it a cool feature in the HD Era :p

I also liked The Underbelly Of Paradise,it´s my favorite GTA 5 TV show,I wish it had more than only one episode(especially because they show parts of the future episode about street racing,prostitution and cocaine).

Edited by LeopardGecko

CarlitoDorito

Its an extra you can fully ignore so its not that bad, and fame or shame had a funny song. I wanna see more in dlc

I started to like Republican Space Rangers,so I would like to see another episode of that one.

Lock n' Stock

I want to see that "Vinewood Zombie" movie. Rockstar's opportunity to make a spoof of a really bad 80s gore flick.

I can see the reason for including TV and films in GTA, and it's clear that these are not handled by the main dev team, so we can be safe in the knowledge that they have no impact on the actual game content

It does have an impact. They have to spend money to get the TV shows made. That money should be used to create things to actually do.

Get rid of the movies and TV shows and give me more gameplay.

Delta India Echo

I thought they were quite funny and made the world feel more immersive like OP said

So hopefully Rockstar will add new one's but obviously some kiddies would want zombies instead

Wow, hypocrite much?

How does TV add to the gameplay?

efe4a6b167.png

Shadowfennekin

No thanks. I only used my TV back when I hid in my apartment for the bounty achievement way back.

universetwisters

Wow, hypocrite much?

How does TV add to the gameplay?

It doesn't add to the gameplay silly, it makes the world feel more immersive. Like how there's more to the in-game world than mumbling around aimlessly.

sTgL5iS.png