Far Cry 3 or The Last Of Us?

Target13

I can have only one for my Birthday.

Which one should i go for?

-Which is the most Fun?

-Which is the longest in terms of story?

-Which is the most difficult?

I would love to roam around with Ellie but i am also really into fighting against Vaas.

Edited by Target13Productions

Really loved The Last of Us but if you want a game that you'd play endlessly or more than the other..I'd go with Far Cry 3.

Both games are obviously different, but both were fun in their own way, but in my opinion I found the gameplay in Far Cry 3 a bit better.

I can't really answer the 2nd one because I took my time in Far Cry 3, getting all the collectibles and side missions out of the way before beating the last mission.

I found The Last Of Us to be a bit more difficult, that's only because I replayed the game in the hardest difficulty for the trophy, meanwhile I didn't touch any other difficulty in FC3 aside from Normal.

Overall, thanks to the fact that Far Cry 3 was a surprisingly great game, sequel is coming around the corner, and it's definitely an open sandbox.. go for that one.

Just my 2 cents though.

948185.png

Theodore93

FC3 is the most fun.

TLOU has a good length as I recall. FC3's story actually outstayed it's welcome for me.

TLOU is a bit more difficult I would say.

It depends what you're looking for. If it's just fun gameplay and longevity then FC3 is your game. If however you want a game with an actual story and interesting characters as well as some fun gameplay, then go with TLOU.

Edited by Waldie

Geralt of Rivia

Far Cry 3 is open world, and has more replay value. It's also great fun.

TLoU is linear, and doesn't have as much replay value. The story is amazing, however. Also a fun game.

I'd also say that TLoU's MP is better than FC3's.

Oh, and FC3 has co-op.

tymaster50

You can only get one???? You can get FC3 for like.. 8 bucks at gamestop lol, if you had an xbox i would just give you the money to get it so you can get TLOU

• Like 1

You can only get one???? You can get FC3 for like.. 8 bucks at gamestop lol, if you had an xbox i would just give you the money to get it so you can get TLOU

I live Holland, We don't have gamestop.

The opinions you get here won't help you much. We cannot choose a game in your place, just because you gave us some clues to what you like won't make the choice from our part seem realistic to you. I suggest watching a few videos of both games (not trailers, pure gameplays) and if you have a chance, try the games out. I even think TLoU has a demo, though I'm not sure it's still available.

If I were you, I'd get FC3, but that doesn't tell you much, does it?

I haven't played TLOU but I am pretty sure from what I have seen that the story is actually decent and so is the gameplay though it will be a more linear experience.

As for Far Cry 3, gameplay wise, it is great, and there is a lot to do and can take a while, a lot of area to cover and a lot of colletibles and outpots to take over.

However, the Far Cry 3 story is AWFUL I mean it is one of the worst game plots I have ever seen, full of so many holes it may as well be swiss cheese. Full of cliché bullsh*t and events that make no logical sense whatsoever. All the characters are terrible, just plain awful. Vaas is unique and all but I hated everyone else with a passion.

The missions are fun, but the actual writing and dialog is just cringeworthy it is so sh*t.

If you just want some good shooter gameplay that will last a while Far Cry 3 is great. If you want a story driven meaningful experience TLOU is probably the way to go.

Or just say f*ck it to both, get Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon as it pisses on everything else in existence and save the extra money to roll around in on your bed with a hooker.

• Like 3
kT8ve9H.png

I never played TLOU so I can't comment about that.But one thing though Far Cry 3 is really a good game gameplay wise.If you like neon you should Far Cry 3:Blood dragon instead (Who doesn't like a neon dinasour that shoots lazer).

Go with TLoU, much better story and characters, and plot wise you'll most likely wonder what the f*ck just happen

Buy tlou and get Far cry 4 when you get a next gen console.

Go get Far Cry 3. The game is an exceptional FPS with fun mechanics and great characterization. You won't get bored with this game.

And oh... Happy birthday!

Edited by malone35e

hornedturtle

farcry if you prefer gameplay over story

tlou if you prefer story over gameplay

FC3 is open world, and there's plenty of things to do in it after the main story is finished. I loved it.

VWSTp.png

YA BOY DIRT

FC3 for endless gameplay possibilities and its replay value, TLOU for an intense story experience. If you're willing to spend full price on a game, you might as well get both for the price of one, they're relatively cheap now.

I thoroughly enjoyed FC3, one of the best FPS I've played in a long time. I still go back and find new ways to kill everything. And I personally found the story engaging, given that it (and the series as a whole) is more than partially based on The Heart of Darkness, and that the writer used LA yuppies in place of British tea exporters. Very interesting. Kinda craps out halfway through, but I still love it very much. You can't go wrong, but in the end it's still your decision so watch some gameplay videos, trailers, interviews, etc and see which one fits your liking more. I'd still suggest FC3 since you get more gameplay for your buck.

Happy birthday!

Harwood Butch3r

Stop being poor and get both.

Since it's a birthday gift maybe his parents can only afford to get one of them. Not everyone can afford to buy multiple games.

Anyway I would get FC3 because it sounds like you'd be into messing around. TLOU was a great game to play through once IMO, but I personally didn't find any incentive to re-play it.

FC3 being open world sounds like something I think you'd like more.

• Like 3

Since he would even consider getting Far Cry 3 instead of The Last of Us, I recommend you just get Far Cry 3.

The Odyssey

Far Cry 3 provides hours of entertainment, and plenty of replayability.

TLOU provides hours of entertainment, but little replayability.

-FC3

-FC3

-If you like being stealthy,FC3,If you like being noisy and non-stealthy,TLOU

why does it have to be one or the other?

dumb question.

play both.

Geralt of Rivia

TLOU.

That's informative and he'll totally understand why you'd pick that.

Edited by TheMasterfocker

deadly-deed

Why the hate on TLOU? I thought it was a good game. Not the best but worth the $60

I honestly don't understand how you can't have both? Far Cry 3 is about $8 or so and The Last of Us is about $20.

TLOU - Its a linear game with a great story. The MP last for hours and is even more fun with friends

FC3 - Its a open world game so you already have a advantage but the MP was lacking. Does anyone still play it?

If I was you I would ask for money instead.

Edited by deadly-deed

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Both are amazing. I'd say FC3. It's open world, granted it's just a bunch of repetitive islands, you can kill animals and use them to craft things, you can drive vehicles like cars, trucks, jetski's, boats and quadbikes. You can explore and just enjoy the views and stuff on your own. There's side quests. Enough weapons to use and you can customize them quite a bit. The story is long but 75% of the story is batsh*t. However Vaas is one of the best villains in a video game. He is the definition of insanity. Then you got Hoyt of course. Then FC3 also has an online/offline co-op mode. And it also has a fully integrated multiplayer mode like a typical FPS shooter though some of the modes are different. So much more replayability in this game, unsurprisingly.

TLOU - Amazing story, Very good gameplay, Good multiplayer mode. Linear game. But it doesn't have much replayability as FC3, although you can choose if you want to keep playing it over and over again for a long time. The story sh*ts on most of the games out there, period.

2d2q1k.jpg