Did anyone else run into rip-off maps/plagiarised content recently?

ctan800

So two of my favorite fist-fighting maps that I got invited to, Sky Fight UFC something something, and another one, apparently got ripped off from their original creators, and converted into a brainless auto-locking with Combat MGs contest.

I know that Sky Fight UFC is a fist-fighting map because I remembered that the first time I got invited to one was right after Christmas. It was simple, punch, block, counter, push off of ledge.

However, some dickhead reedited it without changing the name, and then reactivated weapons, as in ALL WEAPONS, so the poor kid thats Rank 10 isn't going to harm me, a Rank 81 with a Combat MG much. Except aside from a few bits of cover (actually useless, enemy can spawn right behind you), and a luckily timed roll, your going to get killed by the next player who spawns and locks onto you before you lock onto them.

What makes it super easy for me to farm kills is just unlocking my Combat MG at level 80, which I still believe has the longest lock-on distance in the entire game. I managed to lock on to every single person as soon as they spawned all across the entire map of the platforms and killed them before they could react.

Die, lock-on, hold RT + jiggle R-Stick like street fighter, die again, lock-on again, etc. Without even rolling, or using any form of tactics or ambushes, I consistently surpassed everyone else in kill count and ultimately won the deathmatch.

What can we do if we encounter a RIP-OFF of a popular map? I don't know how pissed off the original maker of the map is, but I am pretty sure he wants retribution much more than I wanted.

Every time now when I quickjoin deathmatches, I keep seeing rip-offs of Rockstar Verified Deathmatches, OR I encounter rigged fist-fighting maps, where there is a entire stash of weapons right past a fence. The only person who knows how to get to it (the creator obviously), OR a very lucky and determined player who joined that wanted to get at the tank right past the fence is going to win.

It's like all these rip-offs and rigged maps are made to farm that petty goal of a "Uber K:D Ratio".

Misanthrope Z

i've run into these bullsh*t deathmatches a few times

it does annoy the everloving sh*t out of me when i join a deathmatch that i liked, due to it having unique elements like fist fighting on floating platforms only to find out it's now just a boring, sh*tty auto-aim contest (and with no cover at that)

people that do this need all their sh*t deleted (not just their content, but their characters too)

it does annoy the everloving sh*t out of me when i join a deathmatch that i liked, due to it having unique elements like fist fighting on floating platforms only to find out it's now just a boring, sh*tty auto-aim contest (and with no cover at that)

people that do this need all their sh*t deleted (not just their content, but their characters too)

I just wanted to point out, that more than 90% of all of the Deathmatches I have Quick-Joined, are either RIGGED, or a auto aim contest.

Custom Races are a LESSER VIOLATOR but no less guilty. There are those building-jump races, where you quickly learn that you can simply navigate to the next checkpoint by pressing Triangle (PS3) instead of stressing yourself out trying to jump that ramp. I'm serious, if you are wondering why the Host managed to hit the finish line in a building jump (with motorcycles or supercars) race, HOLD TRIANGLE, you might spawn at the next checkpoint! Or it involves, falling off the ledge CLOSE to the next checkpoint and quickly pressing triangle.

Like, it should be MANDATORY for Rockstar to release patch 1.16 with a option to Quick-Join Rockstar Created Deathmatches/Races and leave Custom Maps as a option.

The way I am seeing it, it is getting as bad as that one Starcraft Classic Map, where the creator (and Host) of the "Use Map Settings" game spawned with a command center, while we were just simple weapon-less civilians. He proceeded to boss us around like he is a God, and trained a marine from the barracks to be sent to kill us if we didn't kiss his ass. Mind you, this is about... 12 years ago.

Alot of people don't realize this, but Rank DOES MATTER in a firefight. Sure, you can max out your Strength to take less damage, but as a Rank 10, thats taking less damage out of a pool of 20 health, versus my newly acquired pool of 80 HEALTH. It's a pretty obvious reality as soon as I, a lowbie weeks ago, joined a pistol-locked deathmatch. I die in 3 shots, they (Rank 150+) die in like, 20 shots. So I personally hate it when people say they got "mad skillz" in a open-world game that has

1) Auto-Aim,

2) A progressive system of "gear" (Combat MG, versus that lowbie's crappy putt-putt SMG), and

3) Game-breaking mechanics (Tanks for example).

4) Inequality of gameplay based upon time invested (Ranks for example, weapon unlocks, health bars, etc.)

When the free roam session erupts into a "argument" of who has "mad skillz" on voice chat, I immediately go off on a rampage. I will introduce them to every form of unfairness I can imagine, Tanks, Jets, Sticky-Bombing Cars (before the new insurance update), to teach them a lesson in how GTA is a game meant to reward the cunning and unscrupulous and only that they can win if they know how to fight back being a bigger douche than I am.

Recently I learned that my name-tag doesn't pop up if I am in a particularly large bush. I usually drive up to the center of a warzone, camoflage myself inside a really big push, and then poke my head out to the point where I can have full visibility with my sniper rifle without being completely revealed. I been called a cheater and hacker, because I been sniping people FROM A BUSH!

Or I take a CargoBob in the recent update, and repeatedly lift a player vehicle sky high, and then drop it over and over again until it starts smoking. Because the pissed off player got wanted stars for shooting at me, which draws cops. And I let them have their car back when its smoking, so a single cop pistol blows up their car (and they have to pay for it).

Edited by ctan800
  • Like 2

i have bookmarked sky fight ufc 2, some french made it. It's crazy, love it. Fist fighting in sky

• Like 2

Who cares about KD anyway... its just a Number and dont represents the actual Skill of the Person at all..

I gladly report any Slaughterhouse or otherwise scammy Job I stumble upon, btw

• Like 2

Misanthrope Z

Alot of people don't realize this, but Rank DOES MATTER in a firefight. Sure, you can max out your Strength to take less damage, but as a Rank 10, thats taking less damage out of a pool of 20 health, versus my newly acquired pool of 80 HEALTH. It's a pretty obvious reality as soon as I, a lowbie weeks ago, joined a pistol-locked deathmatch. I die in 3 shots, they (Rank 150+) die in like, 20 shots. So I personally hate it when people say they got "mad skillz" in a open-world game that has

1) Auto-Aim,

2) A progressive system of "gear" (Combat MG, versus that lowbie's crappy putt-putt SMG), and

4) Inequality of gameplay based upon time invested (Ranks for example, weapon unlocks, health bars, etc.)

When the free roam session erupts into a "argument" of who has "mad skillz" on voice chat, I immediately go off on a rampage. I will introduce them to every form of unfairness I can imagine, Tanks, Jets, Sticky-Bombing Cars (before the new insurance update), to teach them a lesson in how GTA is a game meant to reward the cunning and unscrupulous and only that they can win if they know how to fight back being a bigger douche than I am.

right on the money actually

most people that go on about "skill" in GTA are really f*cking blind and don't realize what they're doing requires no skill, just a massive tendancy to be a f*cking asswipe.

and most freeroam shootouts don't end in favor of who was most "skilled"....it's in favor in who played the least fair and exploited the most bullsh*t.

half the time it's just some talentless buttf*cks ganging up on one person. "mad skillz" isn't spamming someone with a mini-gun when all they have is a pistol, and STILL needing back-up from two other people with RPGs, autoshotguns, miniguns and whatever else can be considered a "cheap shot" in this game. even if it's two people of equal level, that still kinda makes that one guy and his "posse" look like huge fa**ots.

and god forbid the victim was just minding his/her own business, not realizing there were some lames about to harass the sh*t out of them. better not go into passive mode, cuz that's when they'll all just start stealing cars and running you over. if that doesn't work, prepare for one of them to come back with a tank and the other to come back with a firetruck. that's a bit overkill for someone that wants to prove they have "skill" in a game that doesn't revolve around skill...

you don't see much "skill" in freeaim servers either, as it's mostly just dead lobbies, and nearly every FULL lobby is nothing but idiots spawn killing eachother by throwing stickybombs outside of cars

so yeah...it's not about who's the most "skilled". it's about whoever uses the least skillful method lol

• Like 2

TotalFacade

No, but I kept getting invited to those goddamn "MODDED 1,000,000 RP & CASH 420 YOLO!!!" deathmatches and races... It's getting really annoying. My friend actually tried going to one of those once and he got DDoSed, and when he finally got back on all his characters were deleted.

1) Auto-Aim,

most people that go on about "skill" in GTA are really f*cking blind and don't realize what they're doing requires no skill, just a massive tendancy to be a f*cking asswipe.

and most freeroam shootouts don't end in favor of who was most "skilled"....it's in favor in who played the least fair and exploited the most bullsh*t.

half the time it's just some talentless buttf*cks ganging up on one person. "mad skillz" isn't spamming someone with a mini-gun when all they have is a pistol, and STILL needing back-up from two other people with RPGs, autoshotguns, miniguns and whatever else can be considered a "cheap shot" in this game. even if it's two people of equal level, that still kinda makes that one guy and his "posse" look like huge fa**ots.

and god forbid the victim was just minding his/her own business, not realizing there were some lames about to harass the sh*t out of them. better not go into passive mode, cuz that's when they'll all just start stealing cars and running you over. if that doesn't work, prepare for one of them to come back with a tank and the other to come back with a firetruck. that's a bit overkill for someone that wants to prove they have "skill" in a game that doesn't revolve around skill...

you don't see much "skill" in freeaim servers either, as it's mostly just dead lobbies, and nearly every FULL lobby is nothing but idiots spawn killing eachother by throwing stickybombs outside of cars

so yeah...it's not about who's the most "skilled". it's about whoever uses the least skillful method lol

You just reminded me about this one time I became a Bad Sport for the first time on my old toon.

I was being ganged up by 5 kids and 1 adult chasing me on foot killing me over and over again. I was hopping over fences, hiding behind alleyways, basically I was being a "little bitch" because I am aware that its a fight that I cannot win.

Then, I called the $12,500 Airstrike (its bigger in carpet bombing radius back then), kamikazed the flare, the adult looked at it, freaked out, and started yelling "GET OUT! GET THE f*ck OUT! GET AWAY FROM THE FLARE!!!!!" until my eardrums exploded.

Killed all of them, and blew up 4 vehicles in a single air strike. Then I got reported at least four times, compounded with the Bad Sport Points I got for blowing up the cars, and I got my first dunce cap.

Misanthrope Z

1) Auto-Aim,

You just reminded me about this one time I became a Bad Sport for the first time on my old toon.

I was being ganged up by 5 kids and 1 adult chasing me on foot killing me over and over again. I was hopping over fences, hiding behind alleyways, basically I was being a "little bitch" because I am aware that its a fight that I cannot win.

Then, I called the $12,500 Airstrike (its bigger in carpet bombing radius back then), kamikazed the flare, the adult looked at it, freaked out, and started yelling "GET OUT! GET THE f*ck OUT! GET AWAY FROM THE FLARE!!!!!" until my eardrums exploded.

Killed all of them, and blew up 4 vehicles in a single air strike. Then I got reported at least four times, compounded with the Bad Sport Points I got for blowing up the cars, and I got my first dunce cap.

that's one of the reasons i think Bad Sport is a dumb idea

sure it weeds out the assholes, but it's sad that some of the assholes are seen as innocent just because they used their personal vehicle as a crutch

so blowing up someone's car gets you put in the bad sports lobby, despite the fact that you lose money for it and they can get it back for free

but ganging up on someone for no reason beyond "lol my dude has a gun xD" is perfectly f*cking justified.

i want this game's novelty to last as long as possible, but some things about it are totally ass-backwards and a real turn-off

OH NOES! I AM REPORTED FOR "GREIFING"!!!! Because I was sniping people from the rooftop. He even called the mercenaries on me (Kill Yourself), and he lost $7,500 XD

10547321_584219355024607_1248727298_n.jp

My response

927089_268760353316621_1288334226_n.jpg

Put a bounty on him.

ec1a5ca6072c11e4afc890e2ba647cb0_8.jpg

YEEEEEEAAAAAH! VICTORY!!!

10499188_844393488906375_705359250_n.jpg

Edited by ctan800

OH NOES! I AM REPORTED FOR "GREIFING"!!!! Because I was sniping people from the rooftop. He even called the mercenaries on me (Kill Yourself), and he lost $7,500 XD

10547321_584219355024607_1248727298_n.jp

My response

927089_268760353316621_1288334226_n.jpg

Put a bounty on him.

ec1a5ca6072c11e4afc890e2ba647cb0_8.jpg

YEEEEEEAAAAAH! VICTORY!!!

10499188_844393488906375_705359250_n.jpg

So in essence, this person can't really do anything about the "greifing" you've caused him. It's GTA so there's nothing which will be done.

However, since you've posted actual photo evidence of you sending him an abusive message regarding homosexual tendencies, the person who was originally going to report you might stand a chance now. You've basically given him the ammunition.

Unless of cause you didn't actually send that message and just took a picture to make your story look realistic. I don't know.

Either way, that's some victory you've won.

I'm not bagging on you, just pointing out the flaws in your adventures of "greifing" which has a chance to backfire.

Edited by JaegerV2