GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Can't drop certain weapons?

AntiqueGTA

AntiqueGTA

Hey guys, can y'all just confirm to me that you can't drop the tommy gun or fireworks launcher? I want them out of my inventory but it just says "can't drop weapon here" no matter where I stand or what lobby I'm in. Is there anything special I can do to get rid of them?

Nope you can't drop them because they're limited time only guns.

• Like 2

AntiqueGTA

Aw man I don't want this dumb firework launcher in their at all. So many dbags who back their zentorno up have been spared death because I shot a damn firework at their ass lol.

• Like 3

but at least you still buy bullets for the sweeper........let the arguing begin!

Aw man I don't want this dumb firework launcher in their at all. So many dbags who back their zentorno up have been spared death because I shot a damn firework at their ass lol.

Pretty sure that once you empty it it won't show up as a select-able weapon any more - at least, I hope so, as I also don't want a permanently useless slot on my weapon wheel making me take that fatal extra split-second to select a heavy weapon.

I wish you could permanently drop the basic Pistol as well - now there's a gun I haven't used since I got my first Uzi. Just taking up space...

Edited by God-eater

R* has said the firework launcher will remain in our inventory even after we run out of ammo, but will not be selectable.

I find that a load of bs. If we can't use it why would we want to see it all the time switching weapons?

I was wondering this as well as I hate the sweeper. Useless and only for the looks (I prefer the Combat MG). My inventory is perfect (have one weapon for each slot except the left slot for grenade launcher, RPG & minigun. It's a little thing but it bugs me whenever I open up my weapon wheel.

*edit*

Emptied all my ammo for it (well, its group) and it's still in there. GODDAMNIT.
At least my friend got a lot of free ammo.

Edited by livejoker

NikkoCharger

It's trying to save your bank account silly, why waste $7000 over one measly kill.

CarimboHanky

we need a gun locker like RIGHT NOW!!!

i have all guns and i refuse to drop them.

a gun locker/wall at the apartment/garage would be great.

• Like 5

blackindia

Yeah I havent bought either the musket or the fireworks launcher even though I want them because of this. I really want the musket but not forever clutter my inventory.

R* need to fix this. So you can drop them and rebuy them if you want them.

Or so you can store them at home on a wall or in a locker.

Or a simple checklist option under start menu to click what weapon you want to show up as visible on your weapon wheel.

I dropped almost all my guns several times. Its annoying always having the Sweeper and the default pistol plus picking up every gun you find over and over again. I try to have only 1 weapon in every slot except for the heavy ones (RPG, Mini and G- Launcher).

Edited by ktm_ryder

lazyassedlover

i regret buying the musket, cant get rid of that sh*t

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

Shadow_Titan17

It'll probably be there forever. Wish I could get rid of it. I also like having the weapon wheel free of clutter.

I find the basic pistol useful now. Safe to use during RR when chasing the guy in the documents. AP pistol blows it up to easily.

• Like 1

lazyassedlover

It'll probably be there forever. Wish I could get rid of it. I also like having the weapon wheel free of clutter.

I find the basic pistol useful now. Safe to use during RR when chasing the guy in the documents. AP pistol blows it up to easily.

i use my smg with a suppressor, i wish i could get rid of the stock pistol, as i only use ap pistol and a silenced combat pistol, so it just gets in the way...

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

blackindia

i use my smg with a suppressor, i wish i could get rid of the stock pistol, as i only use ap pistol and a silenced combat pistol, so it just gets in the way...

Yes, same setup here. Combat, AP and Uzi. The default pistol is just in the way all the time.

• Like 1

i regret buying the musket, cant get rid of that sh*t

I want to drop this, the fireworks launcher and the gussenburg sweeper...it let me get rid of that dumb ass vintage pistol but i cant lose these 3 specifically...

1) the wheel defaults to the musket when i want to flip it auto shotgun, which is always a close quarters split second move thats either life or death.

2) the fireworks launcher looks too much like the RPG, i want to flip to the RPG then get a big surprise when whistling stars come flying out..

its retarded...

Edited by H8GodMode

Dang..I've never tried to drop my tommy gun so I didn't realize I couldn't. Id be pissed if I bought the fireworks launcher and couldnt ever get rid of it. This will definitely make me think twice about buying weapon dlc, will have to make sure its not limited or I really want it first.

• 4 months later...

When the game drops on ps4 they are bringing back all the dlc, hopefully the items that are stuck in our inventory will be available for everyone to buy and will be once again droppable. I wish at least.

Edited by Sushi_Wolf

Some modder did the ole give all weapons to everyone in session. Stungun was fun, never bought the musket but it stayed in weapon wheelings when joined new session.

Created ticket with R¤ support too remove musket and they did it fairly quickly.

:) i Chang

I actually wish I could get my fireworks launcher back. It was always funny to spring it on unsuspecting heli's or players in combat. Just used my last shot this week. Didnt realize it would be gone afterward.

The new weapons are (I think) designed either for novelty value or for noobs!

I am thinking of the Heavy Shotgun here specifically, I do like the Marksman Rifle though - that is good.

Bullpup Rifle, Advanced Carbine are good - but not as good as the Advanced Rifle (my favorite weapon of all time).

I think they were added to help noobs against experienced players with the weapons we unlock from playing the game.

Which is good in a way, it gives them a better chance against anyone griefing them - and also if you start a new character...

The novelty value weapons should be droppable, or only come out for special occasions, i.e. Valentines/Independence Day/etc. :lol: