GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Favourite ways to survive/claim your bounties?

YirbyBond00Y

YirbyBond00Y

Mine for survival: Hiding underneath a rock cave south of Elysian Island (looks like a donut) with a Submersible and watching the whole lobby try to find ways to get to me (Buzzard rockets in the water, diving to stab at my sub, etc)

To claim: Get a silent electrical vehicle (Surge or Coil), go off radar, and instead of silently going at the bounty quickly to run him over, I follow him until my off radar is expired, getting closer as I do, then I get out of the car and shoot him in the back. (Dastardly...XD)

What's your favourite ways to survive and/or claim a bounty?

YirbyBond00Y

Invite only.

That's no fun though when there's no challenge...

Surviving? Submarine, convenient flight around the map or bringing out the tank

Claiming? Tank, driving up with sticky bombs

YirbyBond00Y

Surviving? Submarine, convenient flight around the map or bringing out the tank

Claiming? Tank, driving up with sticky bombs

It's neat when you're surviving with a Sub because there are some really good hiding places that someone with only the right amount of luck can manage to kill you...

• Like 2

A Maned Wolf

Hiding inside Trevor's meth lab with a 5 star.

Good luck fighting the SWAT team tools.

Surviving: Drive to the pier, get a jet ski, go through the tunnels to the helipads, grab a chopper, fly to the pier, repeat ad nauseum.

Claiming: A long distance snipe from a rooftop.

To claim: Get a silent electrical vehicle (Surge or Coil)

I would've taken this thread seriously but since you mentioned these two vehicles I'm judging you for the rest of your life

The Sullinator

Once I grabbed a helicopter, and flew up on top of the construction building from the High Priority Case mission and hid there. This was like in December so there were more noobs, and they all kept searching at the bottom part, climbing all through it trying to find me. Not realizing that they can't reach me without a helicopter.

Then finally one of the guys finally got it,and flew up there. And you could tell he wasn't sure still, so he was going very cautiously. Then I just popped out of nowhere and capped him in the head. Laughed, and left the session. I bet he was so pissed. He literally spent about twenty minutes trying to find me.

• Like 2

YirbyBond00Y

To claim: Get a silent electrical vehicle (Surge or Coil)

I would've taken this thread seriously but since you mentioned these two vehicles I'm judging you for the rest of your life

Except I wouldn't run them over though, lol

Surviving? Either running in my Entity (I'm an Adrenalin Junky so I love the "Rush") or heading up to my private little Lake that literally nobody knows about.

Claiming? Driving up with a sticky bomb. Although one time (which is my fave bounty kill) was down near Grove Street. It was on the day the High Life released, so I was cruising around in my Blacked Out Huntley, when I saw a bounty fly past me. I chased them near Grove street then went off the radar, and cruised up behind their Banshee like an NPC, stopping right behind them. They started to move then stopped all of a sudden.

Through the echo of the mic I could hear "I've never seen that SUV before." After I heard that I wasted no time in chucking a sticky out the window, onto his car, backing up and blowing them up. So, tl;dr, I love going off the Radar and Acting like an NPC

Take a BMX to the subway and see if anyone figures it out. Often bounty hunters just kill one another somewhere above ground looking for me.

• Like 2

FlacidJack

I like going somewhere fun to defend then have friends take all the bullets while I booby trap the last defensive spot. Gotta admit, it's more fun when someone else is the bounty but being the bounty is great ... it let's us become somewhat of an objective for the whole server so we just try to find fun ways of surviving.

Can't wait to try some ways in this thread. Keep posting more!

• Like 1

Christian21J

Suck at hunting...

In order to survive I usually use a jet to fly around the map.
If possible use the sub.

Riding the Sanchez up'n'down the mountains
Sometimes hiding in the metro tunels
Funnest way tho is riding a train all around the map,and trying to survive

Edited by Christian21J

I just like that feeling when someone almost gets you but then he fails.

when I'm flying around in a vestra or a jet, I often drive under bridges, in certain tunnels, around cranes etc... those obstacles make it impossible to catch you if a casual pilot is on your ass :D

a bike is fun, too! drive around corners like a maniac, nobody will get you.... unless you get your head bashed in because of an NPC in a car :p

Edited by Bozzah

YirbyBond00Y

Do you ride the freight train or the metro train?

Edited by YirbyBond00Y

I think it's the Freight.

As long as you don't get someone in a jet or two people in a Buzzard using the guided missiles, they can't get you.

Make sure to blow up all the flatbeds with grenade launchers first, (yes, they explode) so someone can't get a fluke kill on you, though.

Riding the Metro's fun. People just shoot blindly at it, they have no idea you're taking cover behind the seat browsing www.epsilon.org trying to find your inner self.

Edited by EZza2647
  • Like 2

Usually I grab a chopper and go on top of Maze Tower, 9 times out of 10 they don't bother to follow me, and if they do, they have to be on a chopper.

And when a man on a chopper meets a man with a Heavy Sniper, the man on the chopper is a dead man :lol:

Depending on where I am when I got the bounty on me, I go down the tunnels, or wait inside a metro station (it's fun to see the people on the road not figuring this out)

Sometimes I jump on a metro train, waiting for ambushes at the stations; one time I managed to kill two hunters from the train, just in time for the train to start again and take me to the safety of the airport station :lol:

• Like 1

Christian21J

I think it's the Freight.

As long as you don't get someone in a jet or two people in a Buzzard using the guided missiles, they can't get you.

Make sure to blow up all the flatbeds with grenade launchers first, (yes, they explode) so someone can't get a fluke kill on you, though.

Riding the Metro's fun. People just shoot blindly at it, they have no idea you're taking cover behind the seat browsing www.epsilon.org trying to find your inner self.

Freight indeed.

Its not that safe tho. A guy got somewhere ahead of the train and when it passed by he managed to jump on it. Killed him both times he did that...

Never tried the metro tho,should give it a try next time I get a bounty on my head.

Wall breaching

Best way to survive bounties in public lobbies since day 1

Christian21J

Wall breaching

Not really. Most of the players I encountered know pretty much every hole in San Andreas

To wait them out I usually go on rooftops and booby trap the ladders. Eventually I usually get killed but not before I take someone out 5-10 times. Cops always end up getting in the way. I have a couple other spots that I can fortify myself, only one way in, so I can kill as they come until cops ruin it and I get taken out.

Best bounty kill I had in a while was last night, this guy was camped out on top of the big mall down by the vinewood lsc. He was sniping ppl all around that area, got me once (I wasn't even bounty hunting and didn't notice him till then.) and he got my crew mate twice. I got in a car and drove to the area underneath the mall and waited. Eventually he went to a place where I could get my dot right under his and called for an airstrike. Never used one before cause I heard they suck, but thought I'd take advantage of the discount. Poor sucker got blown to pieces, never saw it coming.

• Like 2

If I get a bounty in public session,I just leave the session.I know it´s not challenging,but if I do get a bounty then I want the easy money.I don´t usually go after bounties,but a few times that I did(only because they were already close to me),I just took my favorite gun and gunned them down.

I like to get a bounty from NPCs in invite only sessions with nobody around but me,I just go around minding my own business like nothing happened and get money after one GTA day.I made a ton of money that way.

Christian21J

To everyone that leaves the lobby when they get a bounty:

Have fun guys,even if you get a 9k bounty.
I mean waiting in an invite only session for 50 minutes? Just play RR once and you will get double the money in less then 10 mins

• Like 1

BoJack Cognac

I tell someone to kill me the second I get a bounty on me, but not the person who put it on me.

giraffeboy

Wall breaching

Yeah but where's the fun in that with no danger? I like to do a mixture of running and fighting, get a fast but cheaply insured car (Felon or F620 ftw), run, and if anyone starts getting too close quickly jump out and take them out as they approach, then run some more. One of my favourite bounty runs went like this:

Was in a battle with a guy where admittedly I was getting kinda owned. We broke off and went our seperate ways, and a few minutes later I picked up a $7000 bounty from an NPC. I was by the beach at this time, so I quickly called up my Felon and got ready to high tail it. Checked the map and saw my nemesis heading over about half a mile away, so I booked it north up the highway. He was in a faster car and was gaining, so when he got closer I slammed the brakes, got out and shot him through the windshield as he approached. Took off again and headed right down Route 68, with him quickly gaining again. Got out and shot him again and then headed for the airfield. Got there just before him and shot him again, then quickly jumped in a Luxor. Before I could escape though he respawned and shot the engines up so I had to turn for McKenzie airfield, parachuted out and got in a Cargobob.

Took off and he comes flying straight at me in another Luxor, just misses me and then we have this weird dance for a while where I'm trying to stay inside his turning radius so he can't kamikaze me. Then notice him fly off so I think for a second he's given up, then I realise he's headed for the airbase. I call Pegasus for a Mallard as I figure that's my best chance to dodge him, and book it to the airfield to pick it up. Skydive down, get in and check the map to see his blip screaming toward me. Just manage to take off and evade his first missiles (which was a goddamm rush and looked awesome lol), and then we go again around the map, with a mixture of bullets and missiles flying past me, and he eventually got me with his cannons over the city. Messaged each other afterwards, congratulating each other for a great half an hours entertainment. Don't understand why anyone would hide out a bounty, it's some of the best fun you can have in the game.

• Like 1

The Byzantine Empire

Drive-by with AP Pistol ... It is a gangster classic.

AllDay808HI

Surviving: I take my Double T and start taking the chasers on a drive of their lives. On the way, I take shortcuts into alleyways and small crevices, going off-road and cutting across the land, and sometimes I even grab a Buzzard (making sure they still have me in their sights) and climb to the highest altitude. I then wait for them to get near, then I immediately ditch and parachute my way down. From there, I just survive on foot.

Claiming: 1) I grab any vehicle from traffic. 2) I go Off Radar. 3) I either casually follow or past by them. 4) Park the vehicle nearby and proceed to claim my bounty.

Surviving: Fighter Jet

Claming: Fighter Jet

Pretty effective: Survived one bounty today, and claimed at least 7.

• Like 3

G24xRETURNS

Surviving: I take my Double T and start taking the chasers on a drive of their lives. On the way, I take shortcuts into alleyways and small crevices, going off-road and cutting across the land, and sometimes I even grab a Buzzard (making sure they still have me in their sights) and climb to the highest altitude. I then wait for them to get near, then I immediately ditch and parachute my way down. From there, I just survive on foot.

Claiming: 1) I grab any vehicle from traffic. 2) I go Off Radar. 3) I either casually follow or past by them. 4) Park the vehicle nearby and proceed to claim my bounty.

+1. An insane movie chase is the only way to experience having a bounty on your head.

• Like 1