GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Tips On Getting A Full Lobby

Lolz0rdz

Does anyone have tips on how to get a full lobby? I always struggled to get a full lobby ot even some people at times. Currently been sat in an empty lobby for a few minutes now wanting to do a tank deathmatch. I'm not in a crew so maybe that would help, any good ones to join? Is the matchmaking system really that bad or am I doing something wrong?

SirFiras47

Maybe you're not getting in a full lobby because of your intentions, tank death match oh god why

The vehicle death matches are actually pretty fun.

• Like 2

What's wrong with the vehicle deathmatches? We're all in the same vehicle, it's pretty fun no? I get bored of normal deathmatches and races.... It's nice to do some different jobs from time to time

SirFiras47

What's so fun in that? Slow ass vehicle and whoever shoots first gets the kill, much skill, such good wow

Instead of being a boring c*nt you could answer the question... or get the f*ck out of the thread. I bet you probably do Criminal Records 50 times in a row and try and take people out the whole race

What's so fun in that? Slow ass vehicle and whoever shoots first gets the kill, much skill, such good wow

It takes quite a few shots to kill a tank. Using buildings and landscape as cover. Its good fun.

offer coffee & donuts.

OR

look in the crew recruitment section. there's a good amount of FA crews. I'm assuming you play FA because lobbies are empty, & I'm pretty sure that's something Rockstar screwed up on.

AceThaCreator

Sorry for my stupidity but what does FA stand for?

Free aim

FA = Free Aim

AA = Assisted Aim

TA = Traditional Aim

these options can only be changed in single player. AA/TA lobbies are always full. the 1.14 patch killed FA lobbies. since then they have been empty.

I just play on the default settings and I still struggle to host things

sultangris

hardware limitations, ps3 cant handle full lobbies. if everyone is doing nothing you might get a full lobby for a little bit but once any action starts the lobbies get split in half.

Hosting missions, races, deathmatches,etc is generally a futile quest doomed to a lifetime of lonliness. But perhaps if you change the name from "Tank Deathmatch" to "***OMG*** 1,000,000 RP $$10,000,000 TANK DM NEW NEW NEW" you will get some people to join. :bored:

• Like 1

sultangris

Hosting missions, races, deathmatches,etc is generally a futile quest doomed to a lifetime of lonliness. But perhaps if you change the name from "Tank Deathmatch" to "***OMG*** 1,000,000 RP $$10,000,000 TANK DM NEW NEW NEW" you will get some people to join. :bored:

not anymore, all but the most retarded have figured out that those are fake and result in the host PWNing you with tanks or jets or other big weapons that are only available on their side of the map, lol

hardware limitations, ps3 cant handle full lobbies. if everyone is doing nothing you might get a full lobby for a little bit but once any action starts the lobbies get split in half.

lol.

CarnageRacing00

It's extra frustrating when certain missions require 4 or more players, like Close Action. Took 10 minutes to FINALLY collect 3 more people because people would join, wait 10 seconds, then leave.

I had to find this out the hard way, took me a while to see why no-one would join my games. Here's what you do:

Step 1: Host Rooftop Rumble.

Step 2: Wait 2 seconds.

Step 3: Full lobby.

• Like 1

sultangris

lol.

I was wondering why you laugh, cause its true about the free roam, but then i realized he was talking about a job lobby, haha! my bad.

the answer in this case is cause tank deathmatches suck and no one wants to play them. also their matching system is f*cked and getting worse, sometimes i get invites that i join right away to find out they started a long time ago when it asks me if i want to spectate the job.

heres some tips for not having everyone leave though, dont pick retarded f*cking settings, no one wants to play an unarmed deathmatch on a map thats huge were you gotta run around for 10 minutes to find someone, no one wants to use guns on small deathmatches where you spawn 20 feet from the enemy, no one wants to play unarmed deathmatches for longer than 10-15 min MAX, no one wants to play any deathmatch longer than 20-30 min max, not many like racing in the rain with traffic on, no one wants to race all the way around the map for 6 laps with lawn mowers, no one wants to play any plane race cause they are super boring and lame, just some common sense stuff like that.

Edited by sultangris
  • Like 1

flaming A**hole

Rather than criticize your job I'll share my tips. 1)Auto_invite 2)If one person joins and leaves auto invite again. 3)Don't extend the timer till you have caught the quick job queue 4)Turn matchmaking off and back on when your timer runs low. 5)Enjoy and play your job at peak times.

lol.

I was wondering why you laugh, cause its true about the free roam, but then i realized he was talking about a job lobby, haha! my bad.

I lol'd because you were stating PS3 can't host a full (active) Free Roam lobby. that's got to be one of the silliest thing I've read on this forum.

Guys, the job I was on about was a R* created job.... I never pick stupid settings. If it's a deathmatch I select owned and pickups. If it's team deathmatch then I go with 15 minutes and first to 40 kills. I've been trying to get a deathmatch for Zancudo Outskirts started for weeks but I can never get a full lobby. I actually got kicked out a lobby just now for idling in it too long waiting for players to join. I decided to try hosting because every time I join a job it's either got 2 people in it or it's a 30 minute long fist fight.... I spend more time trying to find good jobs to do than actually doing the jobs and having fun

Edited by Lolz0rdz

sultangris

lol.

I lol'd because you were stating PS3 can't host a full (active) Free Roam lobby. that's got to be one of the silliest thing I've read on this forum.

have you ever been in one? cause I havent for more than 5 minutes without half of the lobby leaving and getting sent to a different one. you also might notice that the more people that are in the session the less cops there are and the easier it is to get away from them. Theres less npc traffic and pedestrians as well and things are more likely to not render correctly or spawn right in front of you, hardware limitations, it simply cannot handle it. fact.

Guys, the job I was on about was a R* created job.... I never pick stupid settings. If it's a deathmatch I select owned and pickups. If it's team deathmatch then I go with 15 minutes and first to 40 kills. I've been trying to get a deathmatch for Zancudo Outskirts started for weeks but I can never get a full lobby. I actually got kicked out a lobby just now for idling in it too long waiting for players to join. I decided to try hosting because every time I join a job it's either got 2 people in it or it's a 30 minute long fist fight.... I spend more time trying to find good jobs to do than actually doing the jobs and having fun

some rockstar created ones are pretty dumb as well.

at any rate how many players? the only times ive gotten any 16 players in a lobby is when theres lots of crew and friends who have lots of crew and friends and you gotta wait like 15 to 20 min sometimes and just keep clicking auto invite when ever a new guy shows up to send it to his friends as well. i often get invites that i join immediately that will say job already started do you want to spectate, or they say unable to contact session or something and you gotta just keep trying. its very slow and buggy and people dont even get the invite till a few minutes after you send it it seems and its hard to get people to join when youre all trying to all play the same thing, it will be much harder to get randoms to join and wait, most people are impatient and leave after 30 seconds.

Edited by sultangris

It's extra frustrating when certain missions require 4 or more players, like Close Action. Took 10 minutes to FINALLY collect 3 more people because people would join, wait 10 seconds, then leave.

the biggest issue is actually getting them to stay when theyve joined 2nd or 3rd... people have no patience...

the matchmaking is horrendous... im sure their is 500 ppl at a time in empty lobbies, yet R* keeps filling up the 100k RP maps

You can get fuller lobbies on your own custom jobs by increasing the minimum amount of players. Although it usually takes quite a while for it to fill up, and you will get times where's it's almost at the minimum amount of players, then one guy leaves, then another, then the rest follows. I had made one deathmatch that required 16 players and it always filled up, usually within about 10-15 minutes. But after that one has finished, a good amount of people usually sticks around for another job in the voting screen.

Edited by CenMan

"have you ever been in one? cause I havent for more than 5 minutes without half of the lobby leaving and getting sent to a different one. you also might notice that the more people that are in the session the less cops there are and the easier it is to get away from them. Theres less npc traffic and pedestrians as well and things are more likely to not render correctly or spawn right in front of you, hardware limitations, it simply cannot handle it. fact."

I've been playing since GTAO was launched. so yeah, I've been in plenty of full lobbies. maybe your internet can't handle 16 players, so you lag out when things get to exciting.

fact: if this was a real problem for PS3 users this forum would be full of complaint threads.

whatever the case, this is off topic.

@OP like I said before, the crew recruitment section is a good place to start. it's easier to get jobs/races/activities going when there's a "team" element.

The moment a tank pops into any DM I'm playing in....I Quit.

Fukc the dumb sh1t.