That NPC jet

Crunch McThornbody

Crunch McThornbody

When stealing a jet an NPC jet will appear out of nowhere and chase you, my tactic is to press the right stick to look behind to see where he is and fly vertical as they don't appear to be trained to deal with that.

On some occasions the NPC jet won't leave you alone even after losing your wanted stars, he'll chase you all over the map until he shoots you, he doesn't appear as a blip on the map (he should if he's chasing you FFS), even when you think you've got away you look behind and see a few small pixels chasing you.

How do you get away from that f*cker? Because he's relentless, I even got killed in passive mode by him whilst parachuting from a damaged jet.

Edited by Crunch McThornbody

Red Lynx 23

One way is to have someone provide cover fire while you steal a jet. Not once, but twice I shot npc jets with a heavy sniper rifle while they were taking off after crew members who stole jets. Both times the npc jet tried to fly close to the deck to avoid being sniped...and both times they bellyflopped onto the runway and exploded.

RichiesTrucking

if they are like helicopters, fly between tall buildings and sometimes they will fly into them. works a treat on missions like dock to stock 2

I did this once. He shot me down, i respawn, i shoot him with a heavy sniper because i got pissed, then he f**king kamikazes me, killing me, once again. f*cking hate him

The trick to beating him is to maneuver behind him and shoot him down while keeping him in your sight . If you lose sight of him, he may teleport behind you and kill you.

andreuguerra

grow some balls.

If you want the best weapon on the game you should know how to use it imo.

Just look back and see where he is. then. go kill him. I always shoot down that f*cker for the times he got me in the past.

My second caracter is a black girl and she's a jet pilot. i love those kids crying that a low level is wooping his ass with the griefers mastah race!!!!

Relative007

As I rarely steal a Jet I often just use Cops Turn Bind Eye.

If I do not, either hitting the deck fast or trying to fly vertically and then going full speed ahead in either case almost always seems to lose him. Anyone claiming they continually shoot him down, would like some proof as NPC cannon lock on accuracy makes this difficult.

I shot that NPC laser with a sniper while he was scrambling after my buddy and he came back around and blasted me with two rockets.

Edited by MrCamo

I've never seen him and I steal jets all the time. Lucky, I guess?

maybeanotherone

i know a 100% way to escape every single time.

escape the base and fly east to the ocean

as soon as you pass the zancudo bridge turn back east/sandy shores

now turn to the city whenever

enemy jet will keep going to sandy shores until you're far away for it to despawn

i recomend flying in first person as you'll be able to clearly tell engine sound from other aircraft.

electroleum

This guy has definitely been pissing me off as of late. What I find annoying is that he literally spawns out of nowhere...at the very least he shouldn't be able to take off at some impossible angle through trees and objects. I've found that if you do a few hard-bank turns either left or right, and you kinda cirlcle around him a few times, it disorients him enough that you can get away. He doesn't seem to be very good at turning rapidly.

What I REALLY don't like, however, is that his missiles have no lock warning. You just blow up without any warning.

MidMovieDoobie

I just look behind me and fly up until i no longer see him. I'll occasionally look behind me again after a few minutes to make sure i lost him. I dont see how everyone is finding it hard to lose him. :/

Potato Bean

Whats even better is when he shoots his guns backwards (I've seen it happen). I did a loop to get behind him and guess what? I see bullets come from the BACK of the jet and blow me up instantly.

Contrasting

i love finally getting behind his ass & his cannon still somehow 1shot kills me. He's a master dog fighter i must say.

maybeanotherone

because his cannons shoot at impossible angles is exactly why i prefer to just escape him.

Wildfire_08

When stealing a jet an NPC jet will appear out of nowhere and chase you, my tactic is to press the right stick to look behind to see where he is and fly vertical as they don't appear to be trained to deal with that.

On some occasions the NPC jet won't leave you alone even after losing your wanted stars, he'll chase you all over the map until he shoots you, he doesn't appear as a blip on the map (he should if he's chasing you FFS), even when you think you've got away you look behind and see a few small pixels chasing you.

How do you get away from that f*cker? Because he's relentless, I even got killed in passive mode by him whilst parachuting from a damaged jet.

Or just use Blind eye like everyone else.

If you are deadset on the NPC Jet, just take off holding R3 down & fly far away constantly keeping your view directly behind you, and the jet will not spawn. Then as you still hold down R3 lester when you are have got passed 2 helicopters checkpoint.

Or use R3, fly straight up and to the left, get enough distance to swing round & take a shot at the Jet from behind or the side... if you try and take a direct shot, the Jet will glitch and the gun will kill you no matter the angle of the nose on the NPC jet, also the NPC Jet can chase you down faster than you can go even with afterburner.