GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Description and Darwinism

SaveTheZombies

SaveTheZombies

So I made a race for Monster Trucks when we got the Liberator. Nothing insanely elaborate but it is only possible with Sandkings and Liberator (and Dubsta but you're not likely to win) and I think I make this quite clear in the description...in ALLCAPS.

And I'm aware that not all the people who play GTAO speak English and probably don't even bother reading the description which is why I used caps for those words and I only have Sandking checked off as vehicles of choice, which in case you don't know also allows the Liberator. I do however allow custom vehicles which is how people end up trying to go through it with their biftas and buggies, and then usually end up quitting halfway through. Someone who makes even better courses like this said that at this point I shouldn't change a thing.

But I do wonder if I should turn off custom vehicles to prevent people taking biftas and the like or do I say f*ckem and let the people that don't pay attention ragequit. I admit that I'm tempted to keep custom vehicles and turn it back to full contact so the ones who did pay attention can run over those who don't

I know that there was a thread similar to this a couple of months ago but I'm not finding it.

• Like 2

handcuff_charlie

Why on earth do so many people have so much trouble with letting other people make their own decisions??

You left custom vehicles on, let them choose a f*cking faggio if that's what they want to do. If they ragequit, WHO CARES???

• Like 2

i got a little pissed at someone on my friends list yesterday when he disliked a Sandking race of mine after failing to finish with a Sanchez. The description leaves not a shred of doubt about the race being for Sandking and Liberator only, even just the title ("Liberate the Kingdom!") not very subtly indicates that. i'm used to it from randoms, really don't expect it any different, but that kinda annoyed me.

• Like 1

SaveTheZombies

Some jobs do require parameters. It's just a matter of which ones you think are necessary to set. I limited the stock vehicles and made a decent description and that should be enough. I'm leaving the custom vehicles on unless someone can give me a really good reason why I shouldn't.

And I don't mind if people dislike a job, even if its because they didn't pay attention. As long as those people can't ruin the fun for those who did pay attention, which isn't possible in this job...even if I turned it back to full contact.

Can you turn Custom Vehicles off in creator now??

You can make people just use one vehicle, everyone will race in a stock version of that car.

I myself always read the race descriptions, but I understand that lots of people don't. Waiting in the lobby is a good time to grab a snack or browse the net. Lots of players play this game casually, not everyone is a hardcore racing fan.

I don't like races that require you to read the description (like it's an instruction manual for an assault course), so when I see SANDKING ONLY or something all in caps, I leave the lobby. I always presume it's going to be more of an obstacle course than a race.

I think you should always presume people won't read your description. That they just want to pick up and play. So if you want them to use a Sandking (for example), make it the mandatory choice.

Edited by FAT CURRY

The new On call feature makes this problem worse as you never see the description the first thing i've seen using it is the car selection screen.

Can you turn Custom Vehicles off in creator now??

You can make people just use one vehicle, everyone will race in a stock version of that car.

I myself always read the race descriptions, but I understand that lots of people don't. Waiting in the lobby is a good time to grab a snack or browse the net. Lots of players play this game casually, not everyone is a hardcore racing fan.

I don't like races that require you to read the description (like it's an instruction manual for an assault course), so when I see SANDKING ONLY or something all in caps, I leave the lobby. I always presume it's going to be more of an obstacle course than a race.

I think you should always presume people won't read your description. That they just want to pick up and play. So if you want them to use a Sandking (for example), make it the mandatory choice.

it's exactly that kind of mentality that is such a pain in the ass. just because you're too lazy to read a maximum of 500 characters of text everyone else has to use a sh*tty stock vehicle? holy f*ck, i automatically read a description when looking at it! then again, i'm not a f*cking mouth breather who already gets an asthma attack from reading something.

Edited by King S0lo

Maybe you should calm down and re-read what I actually wrote. I do read the race descriptions. Or were you using the word 'you' as a generic term?

coach_wargo

The problem arises when there's only a hand full of vehicles that will work, say a deep water crossing that works with the Sandking, Rebel, and Liberator. If you lock selection to those three people can still use custom versions of other cars. Then bitch because they didn't read and are now drowning in their dune buggy.

IMO, if a race is lock to certain vehicles it should be available to only those vehicles, and their custom counterparts.

• Like 1

SaveTheZombies

The problem arises when there's only a hand full of vehicles that will work, say a deep water crossing that works with the Sandking, Rebel, and Liberator. If you lock selection to those three people can still use custom versions of other cars. Then bitch because they didn't read and are now drowning in their dune buggy.

IMO, if a race is lock to certain vehicles it should be available to only those vehicles, and their custom counterparts.

That's the problem that I have, there are parts of my (TC) race that are easily passable with a Sandking or Liberator but blocks anything else.

What you suggest would be the best: if custom vehicles weren't just on and off. It should be 3 choices: on, off, and selected.

Izzy Glitch

hey how the f*ck do u put tha liberator in a race?

SaveTheZombies

Go to the selection of vehicles you can choose from for the race and in the first group, un-check everything but Off-Road. Then expand the Off-Road list then uncheck everything but the two Sandkings. When you go back to the vehicle type list you'll see Off Road with (3/19(?)) showing that even though you only checked the two Sandkings, there's another available. That's the Liberator. You don't even have to own one to use it in the race.

• Like 1

Go to the selection of vehicles you can choose from for the race and in the first group, un-check everything but Off-Road. Then expand the Off-Road list then uncheck everything but the two Sandkings. When you go back to the vehicle type list you'll see Off Road with (3/19(?)) showing that even though you only checked the two Sandkings, there's another available. That's the Liberator. You don't even have to own one to use it in the race.

or you could just uncheck and check the offroad field. you know, cause he didn't ask how to get just the sandking and the liberator when custom vehicles are set to off. cause that's the question to the answer you've given. sh*t ain't always as complicated as GTAF members make it seem.

SaveTheZombies

That was how I did it.

Does your method make it a Liberator only race?

That was how I did it.

Does your method make it a Liberator only race?

nope. neither does yours though. it just isn't possible. but again, that wasn't the question.

i see. nevermind then, i tried a lot of variants and just couldn't find a way.

Hint: Don't take things too seriously. esp. not your own creations. The editor is incomplete and buggy, so we have to take it as it is.

Of course I would have prefered to have the monster as only vehicle to choose from when i made my LIberator races. We'll have to wait for that.

As for reading the description: i.e. I can not do that, since my tv is not close enough and my eyes not the best any more. So don't criticize people for not reading it. You don't know them nor their conditions.

Of course you should take your own creations seriously.

Edited by Flukey

You shouldn't take your own creations *too* seriously. A relaxed approach helps a lot. I know what I'm talking about. :)

What happens if you un-check all the off roads individual vehicles...does it leave just the invisible liberator? or does it give the message that you can't do that like normal?