GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Will next gen characters look better?

BigJoe_1

The answer to this question is probably quite obvious to some but if you think about it it's about 50/50 since next gen will most likely focus on increasing server size, Making online more stable overall and of course increasing the capability of vehicles (Top speed cap removed).

I'm hoping that since there will be more data space that R* will have/or has added more skins/models for characters that make them look more realistic to start with and of course as their stats increase their physical appearance and body begins to change.

The changes would of course be:

strength stat 0/100 - Skinny/Slightly emaciated or just unfit looking (No muscle tone and narrow/small shoulders)

strength stat 100/100 - Muscular/Large full frame with defined face and neck (Large muscles, Defined jawline and a body size comparable to Vin Diesel)

stamina stat 0/100 - fat/sluggish looking or just bad posture

stamina stat 100/100 - athletic looking (Without good strength stat the muscles would be slightly defined but not large like a sprinters body)

I know all of this pretty unlikely to happen but do you think there is a possibility?

• Like 2

Sugar Free Nos

I doubt it will be as you suggest, but I'm willing to bet that tattoos won't make you look like you've drawn on yourself with a Sharpie anymore.

• Like 20
cixJdfg.png

YogurtStorm

At least the texture resolution should be better.

ninjaontour

I don't think there's anything technically stopping a system like this, but it's one of those things we're just going to have to wait and see on. I wouldn't hold my breath for an implementation of something like this at the beginning at least.

Christian21J

99% sure that there will only be updated textures on the character and cloths...

• Like 2

ninjaontour

99% sure that there will only be updated textures on the character and cloths...

OP isn't talking just textures, but more of a skeletal animation/physics dealio, if I'm not mistaken.

x_CrazyBuns_x

Until it's out it's nothing but skepticism, unless it's underlined or showed off in a trailer, one would assume with it been a current-gen release, unlike last-gen, then yesh we might look slightly better then the cartoon lizard people with scribbles over our arms we have on the older consoles. I just want a better character creator system @_@

Christian21J

OP isn't talking just textures, but more of a skeletal animation/physics dealio, if I'm not mistaken.

I know what he's trying to say buy that ain't happening in my opinion. To much hustle to re design all the already existing characters,the cloths and there much much more to take into consideration

YogurtStorm

I highly doubt they'll alter their model rigging/skeletons any, and we'd be lucky to get any new animation. I expect nothing more than higher resolution textures.

Edited by YogurtStorm
  • Like 1

Sugar Free Nos I couldn't agree with you anymore on the tatoos, Except mine look like they were smudged by a fat guys finger.

I'm just hoping that when next gen comes and I get my strength stat to 100% that it actually shows and my character actually looks more like Channing Tatum and less like Evan From Superbad (I forgot his name) and I know they're from 2 different movies but I just watched them both today so thats why they came straight into my head.

Edited by BigJoe_1

ninjaontour

Until it's out it's nothing but skepticism, unless it's underlined or showed off in a trailer, one would assume with it been a current-gen release, unlike last-gen, then yesh we might look slightly better then the cartoon lizard people with scribbles over our arms we have on the older consoles. I just want a better character creator system @_@

I'm hoping they realise that they handicapped character creation by making us look at it in its current form lol. So, maybe they'll let us change our appearance as a one off on the switch over.

NightProwler

Appearance for the PS4/Xbox One - 10 fold. This is what Rockstar wanted without restrictions.

As for PC - hard to tell since no proof of this has been given to date (I could be wrong).

Christian21J

Sugar Free Nos I couldn't agree with you anymore on the tatoos, Except mine look like they were smudged by a fat guys finger.

I'm just hoping that when next gen comes and I get my strength stat to 100% that it actually shows and my character actually looks more like Channing Tatum and less like Evan From Superbad (I forgot his name) and I know they're from 2 different movies but I just watched them both today so thats why they cam estraight into my head.

I'm fat and I'm offended

joking

Don't expect it to be like that,as I said before it's too much work for that. If there wasn't the character transfer option I'd say maybe,but as of now I don't see that happening

I'm just hoping that when next gen comes and I get my strength stat to 100% that it actually shows and my character actually looks more like Channing Tatum and less like Evan From Superbad (I forgot his name) and I know they're from 2 different movies but I just watched them both today so thats why they cam estraight into my head.

I'm fat and I'm offended

joking

Don't expect it to be like that,as I said before it's too much work for that. If there wasn't the character transfer option I'd say maybe,but as of now I don't see that happening

Although the odds are against us I'm just praying that they at least make the strength stat make our characters look buffer as we increase it even slight muscle definition will do it for me, Even a 6 pack will be enough at least then he won't look like an emaciated crack addict.

I want actual facial hair. Not drawn on sh*t.

Anything that can improve my Marston character would be great, tbh.

Biohazard Abyss

HIGHLY doubt strength and fat stats would be added. If by some miracle they were, they would be the only reason for me to be jealous of next-gen GTAV owners since my dude needs to lift and my girl needs a sandwich.

klZZFxG.png

LoA-Phantom

Last thing we need is jacked dudes running around in chrome adders, trying to grief and squeaking all over.

The coutryside looks better and thats all that matter to me. First time I got gta v I was driving around the city thinking damn this game is beutifull such great graphics then I drove into the countryside and thought DAFUQQQ, I had to make sure I wasnt playing gta san andreas or red dead revolver!

I want actual facial hair. Not drawn on sh*t.

Anything that can improve my Marston character would be great, tbh.

LMFAOO! Completly agree about the facial hair. Seriously wtf it looks like someonw drew on your face with a marker.

I wanted to give my charecter facial hair like hobbs the charecter from fast five but obviously that would be very hard for rockstar to draw

NubcakeVII

I'm just glad I'll finally be able to fight cougars with my friends online, just like in the old Red Dead days.

And, also, those next gen trees and grass look beautiful.

• Like 1

I doubt this will ever happen but I liked your post because I CAN DREAM DAMNIT!

Christian21J

I'm just glad I'll finally be able to fight cougars with my friends online, just like in the old Red Dead days.

When did they confirm wildlife for online?

TheJasonGallant

They sure will look better, not sure about the stat stuff though.

I believe during the original announcement at E3, definitely in anyway. Also huge amounts of traffic inside the city... Will be interesting.

I wonder if they'll make your online character more.. believable. Will they sweat like the trio? Will their clothes actually move like it does in SP? Will their textures/hair actually have some depth instead of some sharpied on bullsh*t? I wonder.. Probably not, with the exception of better looking textures but I doubt it

I highly doubt they'll alter their model rigging/skeletons any, and we'd be lucky to get any new animation. I expect nothing more than higher resolution textures.

yeah exactly this… : /

serpentoflight

organic_dish_cloths.jpg

High texture cloths

:)

Edited by serpentoflight