GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

New exploit? Targets become invulnerable, but aren't seen as passi

iainspad

I want to see if this is happening to anyone as it's becoming a pain in the arse. It's happened a few times to me already but there is one version that sticks out in my mind:

So I was chasing down a bounty (who had a few friends with him), though this task was proving difficult as it was basically a 3/4 on 1 situation. Needless to say, I was getting f*cking floored, it seemed impossible. (Hell, even one of the guys was flying a Lazer and killed me dead on with the machine gun, how does that work?!)

Anyway, at one point the bounty was alone, so I made haste of this opportunity! I sped towards the target, got my Combat MG ready, and fired, only to find...

he was not taking or dishing any damage at all.

Being a bounty, he couldn't be passive. His friends were even doing the same trick! Just walk around all smooth like, taking not damage, and not in passive mode. Only for seconds later, they dish out their relentless destruction upon me, playing the same trick over and over again.

Seriously, they looked like you can attack them, not passive at all, but somehow they take no damage. What the f*ck is going on? Any answers?

EDIT: oh yeah some characters seem to move around the map via teleportation. I assume it's them starting a job only to quit it in that location, but what the hell?

Edited by iainspad

Either a mod menu, glitch, hacker, or Rockstar 9-5 employee on lunch break. I don't know why. Looks like it's time for invite only.

j4hhYw6.png

1) The jet has explosive cannons

2) 3 on 1 is really mean

3) There is a glitch where you switch to your alt character while you have the bounty, enable passive mode then switch back and you'll be in passive mode with the bounty active

4) If he was dishing damage then he'd definitely be a modder

Misanthrope Z

i miss the good ol' days where godmoders were present in nearly every server

i miss the good ol' days where godmoders would call you a pussy for being in passive mode, despite them cheating for a half-assed invincibility exploit

i miss the good ol' days where godmoders felt big and bad until someone rolled up in a tank, shot them once and sent them helplessly ragdolling until they quit the session

i miss the good ol' days where godmoders suddenly realized they're not invincible after i sat on them in my tank for a few seconds and suffocated them.

also you're right about the teleportation thing, that's what people do. launch a job, then immediately leave it

StangOne50

I have this problem allllll the time.. I see someone go into passive...10 seconds later their dot goes back to solid but they are still in passive...wtf???

i see it tooo many times to think everyone has this mod... idk wtf is goin on.

Misanthrope Z

If they walked into a gang attack, you cannot hurt them in any way.

with a gun anyway...

a car can still do damage

LoonySpangles

I have this problem allllll the time.. I see someone go into passive...10 seconds later their dot goes back to solid but they are still in passive...wtf???

i see it tooo many times to think everyone has this mod... idk wtf is goin on.

I can confirm this happens a lot on my screen.

Icon redrawing passive mode players comes back as solid, when infact they are still running about in passive.

BUGS.

Zoots Remuvah

Beer can also teleport you to the nearest hospital..

As for the invicibility thing., seen someone do similar.. and worst of it was, they could hurt me even though I was on passive! (I turned it on to walk up and get a closer look at them when I realised I couldn't shoot them..)

I have also seen people with bounties on them and the bounties not being removed.. so not sure if that's a display problem or a cheat n'all.

There's quite a few people using these kind of cheats, and the worst of it is, they're generally plss poor at the game anyway.. so it doesn't even improve their gameplay! >.<

I guess that's a modder. I was once in a TDM and this kid always one hit kill me with normal Pistol.

Of course I ran far away, hit Report button for Chop and didn't forget to quit after that.

i miss the good ol' days where godmoders would call you a pussy for being in passive mode, despite them cheating for a half-assed invincibility exploit

i miss the good ol' days where godmoders felt big and bad until someone rolled up in a tank, shot them once and sent them helplessly ragdolling until they quit the session

i miss the good ol' days where godmoders suddenly realized they're not invincible after i sat on them in my tank for a few seconds and suffocated them.

facepalm
  • Like 1

Misanthrope Z

facepalm

your facepalm doesn't quite get through to me

try smashing your face repeatedly against your keyboard, i might get a hint

ninjaontour

also you're right about the teleportation thing, that's what people do. launch a job, then immediately leave it

Nearly every server, what a load of sh*t. I've been playing GTAO pretty f*cking consistently since release, and I've yet to see a single hacker. All of you motherf*ckers who can't go a game without seeing a hacker have some serious issues, or some long f*cking noses.

YirbyBond00Y

I had something happen like that to me, but in a survival with the enemy AI.....I saw a lot of them were in a pose like this while invincible (they were falling down and I heard their death screams but they kept getting back up):

DefaultPose_front-copy.jpg

Misanthrope Z

Nearly every server, what a load of sh*t. I've been playing GTAO pretty f*cking consistently since release, and I've yet to see a single hacker. All of you motherf*ckers who can't go a game without seeing a hacker have some serious issues, or some long f*cking noses.

not everyone's game experience is exactly the same, dingus.

remember the billionaire days? where nearly everybody and their grandmother had billions of dollars given to them by hackers? they were all over Online. the same goes for godmode users

i'm not sure what your deal is, maybe you can't tell invite only from a public server

or maybe you're just a "lucky minority"

Edited by OriginalCharacter

Godmode is easy to tell if you get close enough to see the health bar, Auto Shotgun to the face, health bar not moving. There is also an aimbot that greatly enhances auto aim range and accuracy, hard to tell when that is being used. I noticed it once in a forced weapon team death match with the assault rifle, the two other players on the same crew would lock on at 2-3 times the range. A search found a program that could do that, now I wonder how often some of the really "good" players Ive come across were using that.

I dont come across cheaters every session, and when it becomes obvious I just leave. Play with yourself losers.