GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Prerequisite for crate drops?

joeyw

I have not seen crate drops for a very long time despite being in many free mode sessions. The other day me and my friend were in a public free mode session and he said he got a message about a crate drop but I did not and it seemed every other player was aware too, he then collected the crate and I could not see it on my map. This made me wonder is there any prerequisites to be able to see a special crate drop?

MantisFang

There is. U must be a certain level and have gotten the call from a contact telling you to watch out for them.

Other than that.. The crate drops havnt worked right for awhile now.

Just exploit if you actually want the items and feel like spending some time with your family this summer. Just make sure you have actually had a crate drop(any) as I'm pretty sure that is a factor.

Edited by MantisFang

ninjaontour

I believe you need to do "Satellite Communications" to unlock the crate drops. They only spawn in public lobbies.

The crate drops are extremely glitched, and don't appear frequently.

Also, you need to be a high enough level to get the crates to drop. I believe it's level 12.

Also, there might be that one person who goes all the way to the crate drop circle and glitches it.

j4hhYw6.png

The crate drops are extremely glitched, and don't appear frequently.

Also, you need to be a high enough level to get the crates to drop. I believe it's level 12.

Also, there might be that one person who goes all the way to the crate drop circle and glitches it.

In order for a crate drop to work, you mustn't go into the green circle. You have to wait UNTIL the message "a special/crate has been dropped"

Then you kill everyone there, and there you have your beer hat :beerhat:

Edited by AlienOne

SkylineGTRFreak

who the hell spread this "don't go into the green circle rumour?" It simply is NOT TRUE. I have had it happen more than once that I have been standing inside the circle, killed the guards and the crate dropped a few seconds later.

The crates as a whole are glitched, it doesn't matter whether you enter the circle or not. Sometimes the circle will stay after the crate has collected, so maybe you will enter a session with a green circle, although someone has already picked it up.