GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What gets you "bonus" points in races during a playlist?

lozzy1234567890

lozzy1234567890

I only ask because I played the independence day playlist, and the first 2 events, I won 16 points and 15 points, whilst second place got 15 points and 16 points, since i was the most valuable player in the deathmatch, and he got the most flags in the capture while I defended, and in both events, he would have lost if I were on the other team, he was crap.

so currently

Me: 16 15

Him: 15 16

On even standings, but the next 2 races the game kinda screwed me, as it gave bonus points to the other guy and nothing for me in the races. In the first race I was second (after he and another guy on mics worked together to make sure I didn't win even sent me a message in spanish after the race insulting me but whatever) and he came first but the points were 16 to him (instead of the usual 15 points for races) and 12 for me, the usual 2nd place points.

On the last race, they were so bad, (probably never drove the liberator yet, and I own one so I know how to handle it) I soared ahead but I only got 15 points for being 1st, yet he, who got second place got 13 points, an extra point which is just utter bullsh*t.

So now the standings are;

Me: 16 15 12 15 = 58

Him: 15 16 16 13 = 60

So he won overall because he got bonus points for races and I got jack squat. He wouldn't have even been in contention for the overall win if it were not for me in the first place, I carried the team in the deathmatch, being the only with a positive ratio (3.7) and he was negative. in the capture, he kept going off to get the flag but when he died, I go, but he then follows leaving our flag defenseless so I was forced to babysit our flag while he goes of dying most of the time but eventually getting 3 flags while I got one.

If I were on the other team, He would have never been able to get the flag.

So in short yes this a question with a rant included, how the hell did he get "bonus" points for the races which got him the overall win?

I would think it's for something stupid such as 'most overtakes' or 'cleanest driving'

But, i'm not sure, when I played I got 16 16 13 and 16.......

I thought the extra point was for the MVP of a TDM/capture/LTS/VS mission.

It creates a clear winner in a playlist, rather than have everyone on the winning team team be tied, the MVP gets an extra point to separate them from the pack.

Never seen the 16th point given out in a race though....

lozzy1234567890

I would think it's for something stupid such as 'most overtakes' or 'cleanest driving'

But, i'm not sure, when I played I got 16 16 13 and 16.......

In the second race, nobody overtook anyone, I was in the lead from the start and he was second from the start, all the positions stayed the same until the end of the race, yet he gets the extra point coming in second.

Edited by lozzy1234567890

mmm chocolate

Clean Lap

1st for the whole lap

Overtakes

Time in slipstream

Thats all of em.

lozzy1234567890

Clean Lap

1st for the whole lap

Overtakes

Time in slipstream

Thats all of em.

Both races were point to point so clean lap and 1st for a whole lap wouldn't be possible, Nobody overtook or slipstreamed in the second race yet he still got a point for being second.