GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Stop directing us to the Q&A thread.

Ronzilla.

Seriously, stop it. There is hundreds of pages, and it is such an inconvenience for us with smartphones to even scroll through 10 pages, let alone a thread with 100s of pages.

• Like 3

Killzone3265

i vote for Q&A thread V2

E•MO•TION

lol

That's why you're supposed to ask. Let me redirect you to here instead. :^:

Edited by 2281
  • Like 2

L8m1zfV.png

BoJack Cognac

"Stop directing us to the Q&A thread"

I tried to respond to a thread 5 minutes ago where a moderator said "Post this to the Q&A thread" only to find out the topic had been locked. I was going to say "No offense, but I found this thread useful, as I've never seen the Q&A thread and the search feature is useless unless you go to Google and type a keyword and then 'GTA Forums' ".

Again - No offense.
I also was about to make this exact thread the OP made 10 seconds before refreshing GTA Forums and finding this.

Edit - Of course, I would never make such a thread because I am scared of internet mods.

Edited by BoJack Cognac
  • Like 3

Jolly Swagman

The Q&A thread actually answers most questions very quickly. Most people that say it doesn't answer questions haven't actually been there. Not saying that everything should go in there and not have its own thread but if you just want a quick answer to something it is really good

Threads like the bitch and moan thread, and Q&A thread are worthless bottomless pits. I am always on the 1st page and I have no means to automatically go to the last page from a smartphone. It takes me a long time just to scroll through a dozen pages , why would I try scrolling through 100s?

A Q&A with categories.

This. This so much.

IMO, the Q&A deserves an entire sub-section, not just one thread.

JeffTheRipper

I do have to agree with OP in a sense, but I think they should make a Q&A subforum, so there's less redirecting. I mean put it this way, some people don't like having to scroll down for the answer because 3 people decided to ask questions in between that.

EDIT: ninja'd.

Edited by JeffTheRipper

"Stop directing us to the Q&A thread"

I tried to respond to a thread 5 minutes ago where a moderator said "Post this to the Q&A thread" only to find out the topic had been locked. I was going to say "No offense, but I found this thread useful, as I've never seen the Q&A thread and the search feature is useless unless you go to Google and type a keyword and then 'GTA Forums' ".

Again - No offense.

I also was about to make this exact thread the OP made 10 seconds before refreshing GTA Forums and finding this.

Edit - Of course, I would never make such a thread because I am scared of internet mods.

Seriously. Search bar is worthless, you have way better luck with google. Q&A thread has never answered any question I've had, but many threads dedicated to specific questions have. Scared of a mod? Oh please as long as you don't curse and act mature, you should not be afraid to speak your mind.

In the first place, why did you make so many question threads when you already knew about it? Besides, if every thread was a question, we wouldn't have the capacity to make real threads. You try managing a forum, buddy.

Also, B and M thread.

Also,

GO STAND IN THE CORNER! TIME OUT, YOUNG MAN!

Edited by Wombater_18

Jolly Swagman

Threads like the bitch and moan thread, and Q&A thread are worthless bottomless pits. I am always on the 1st page and I have no means to automatically go to the last page from a smartphone. It takes me a long time just to scroll through a dozen pages , why would I try scrolling through 100s?

At the top of a thread there is a symbol adjacent to the "Next" button that kind of looks like a fast forward button. If you click that it will take you to the last page if the thread if you are using a phone.

JeffTheRipper

In OP's defense, the search here is sh*t. If I want to find out about a single thing, it'll take me to countless threads, but it won't direct me to the post regarding said something I was looking for.

Jolly Swagman

In OP's defense, the search here is sh*t. If I want to find out about a single thing, it'll take me to countless threads, but it won't direct me to the post regarding said something I was looking for.

I just use google and bring up more results from gta forums. It works much, much better.

SimsDaniel916

The Q&A thread is pinned so finding it should not be an issue. Don't want to search through the pages? Thats ok as asking a repeat question won't hurt.

Making an entire thread that would become useless in the hand of one answer is quite pointless.

Edited by SimsDaniel916
vfMenzx.jpg

hornedturtle

2014-07-04172610.png

this button takes you to the last page....or is it missing for you?

At the top of a thread there is a symbol adjacent to the "Next" button that kind of looks like a fast forward button. If you click that it will take you to the last page if the thread if you are using a phone.

Ummm. That button jumps you like 2 pages, sometimes 5 at the most. Still would take a good half hr of just scrolling to reach the final page. No joke guys, this is what us smartphone users have to deal with. The Q&A thread helps no one out, who has a smartphone.

JeffTheRipper

I just use google and bring up more results from gta forums. It works much, much better.

That's what I HAVE to do. It works, the only times it doesn't is if I don't word what I'm searching for correctly.

SimsDaniel916

Ummm. That button jumps you like 2 pages, sometimes 5 at the most. Still would take a good half hr of just scrolling to reach the final page. No joke guys, this is what us smartphone users have to deal with. The Q&A thread helps no one out, who has a smartphone.

No, that button takes you to the last page. Additionally, their is no reason that you would need to go through any of those pages in the first place, wether your question has been asked before is irrelevant. Just ask your question in the conveniently pinned thread and normally fellow members are great on getting those questions answered.

You can also give suggestions to the GTAF Staff here in the correct forum: http://gtaforums.com/forum/7-site-suggestions/

Edited by SimsDaniel916
vfMenzx.jpg

Please understand that this is primarily a discussion board. If you're asking a question that has a definite answer and cannot generate any discussion, there's no point in starting a topic dedicated for it. That's why we have a dedicated Q&A topic.

Also, we don't necessarily lock all question topics right and left. If we think a topic is generating discussion, we'll let it be. Just exercise some common sense before you hit the New Topic button and there won't be a problem.