GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Does anybody else hear noises...?

JeffTheRipper

JeffTheRipper

First, if there is a thread about this, I am sorry. I didn't really know how to word this in a search, so..

For a while now, when I'm standing in my garage, admiring my bikes and trucks, I keep hearing explosions outside, as if a tank is stalking me. But when I check to see who's around, nobody is. Is this just a thing over looked? Does my character have super sonic hearing, and is hearing the sounds of a twanker by the Vinewood LSC? Does anybody else hear these explosions in their garage?

I hear this all the time. I also think that my garage is floating under the map because I always hear wind.

FertileFuZZ

I also have had this a few times whilst in my garage. I can hear explosions and have even had the garage shake and my controller vibrate, it's like someone in a tank is directly outside firing at my garage door.. go out side and nothing special is going on...

I have thought it was weird for a little while...

JeffTheRipper

And while we're on the topic of garages being really f*cked up.. does anybody else notice that sometimes it shows their garage in that same location where Trevor's and Michael's strangers and freaks mission with the guy legalizing weed (can't remember his name)? Back when people got into our garages and could kill us, I'd ALWAYS spawn there...

Shane_Dbns

Garage interiors are actually under legion square for some reason.

• Like 3

Yes! Thank you! I thought I was going nuts.

I'll be AFK in my garage, get up to grab a beer, and then I'll hear explosions. I'll come back and check my radar, but no one is around. They aren't the same sounds as twankers rolling by outside, either.

Maybe it's an intentional part of the new DLC, like how you'll hear fireworks going off outside in the days approaching the 4th.

Edited by Darth_Rob

QuackinAColdOne

You know what soundfreaks me out? That weird beeping heard at the docks.

SirFiras47

Let me enlighten you; the interiors of the garages are located kind of underground in the middle of Los Santos, as you said where the guy who wants to legalize Marijuana is located in SP, so if you hear some weird sh*t going on, check your map and see the middle of the map and look for any suspicious activities.

I like how R* made the interiors underground this time, I remember in SA they were way up in the sky ( you can't see them normally )

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This is a old post but since switching to a wireless network every time I load online I hear a bunch of explosions then load into an empty lobby, don't know if this has to do with the free mode events update or the fact I'm on a wireless network temporarily...

FrugalDangerMan

This is a old post but since switching to a wireless network every time I load online I hear a bunch of explosions then load into an empty lobby, don't know if this has to do with the free mode events update or the fact I'm on a wireless network temporarily...

Npc vehicles spawning on each other and exploding. Because it happens in legion square, you wont see anything when you exit your apt/garage.

• Like 3

DentureDynamite
I like how R* made the interiors underground this time, I remember in SA they were way up in the sky (you can't see them normally).

I'm sure R* has their reasons for locating them other than where they theoretically should be (physically located in the map where your character walks/drives into them); just curious as to why that is?

I assume to try and keep them safer from glitches?

I wonder if funmw2 has any idea(s)?

Anyone hear these Lazer(?) Engine sounds, i only hear them when i glitch something like wallbreach, godmode, dupe car, its like Sound from Rockstar Gods LOL

I Hear weird wind/water breeze sounds when in my high end apartment and weird explosion ISH sounds when in my garage even in Invite only sessions and its really creeping me out... :/

Ive got a few i cant explain

1. Something that sounds like the marksman pistol / musket but nobody else is in the session

2. Some swoosh that sounds like a power up / pick up noise

Can anyone explain?

FrugalDangerMan

1. Too generic a description, I'd need more detail (location, time of day, what you're doing when it happens, etc)

2. is someone in the session collecting BullShark Testosterone (much more frequent now that it's a daily objective).

FourFingersOfFun

Please tell me someone else experiences this too

Every f*cking session I play in, no matter how far away I am from other players in the city, I hear a massive barrage of gunshots every like 2-5 mins and it's extremely annoying. Also npcs start randomly running and screaming even though I haven't done anything to cause them to do that and no one is near me doing stuff that would set them off either.

Every f*cking session I play in, no matter how far away I am from other players in the city, I hear a massive barrage of gunshots every like 2-5 mins and it's extremely annoying. Also npcs start randomly running and screaming even though I haven't done anything to cause them to do that and no one is near me doing stuff that would set them off either.

I know what this is. It is someone firing the marksman rifle, the firing noise is glitched so you can hear it literally anywhere on the map if someone is firing it.

As for the random explosions, I think it's a spawn glitch where the npc vehicles that appear on the map spawn in inside each other sometimes and blow up. This happens more on laggier games, and assuming you're an activities person you will be switching sessions alot so it will feel like it's happening more than it seems.

It does mostly happen in legion square, but not all garages are under there. I think the first few people are where the actual garage is located, then after that the rest are stacked on top of each other or something under the sqaure.

Edited by CryoDragon95

the gunshots sprayed can be heard in missions while going solo.

Hearing certain sounds in your garage is because garage interiors are set under Los Santos, around Legion Square.

GAUNTLET HELLFIRE

I've been hearing it a lot after the update and I switched to wireless around the same time as the update. I also hear it in SP when loading in to Michael's place. I never heard it before the update.

1. Too generic a description, I'd need more detail (location, time of day, what you're doing when it happens, etc)

2. is someone in the session collecting BullShark Testosterone (much more frequent now that it's a daily objective).

1. Usually in daylight hours in the area between the clothing/barbers/amunation vinewood area

whywontyoulisten

I quite often spawn into my six-car garage and there's a massive (invisible) screen-shaking explosion that does no damage, unlike the modders' types, which cause a flash and floor/vehicle damage. Only seems to happen in populated lobbies. I have seen an entire street of cars double-spawn outside Richards Majestic before, but even with about 10 vehicles glitching themselves to a violent and fiery end, there's never been an explosion of the same magnitude.

We're right on top of the San Andreas Fault, so it could be that? Expect a major earthquake soon...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Menstrual Deranged

I pay a lot of attention to the noises in the game.

And yes, I've noticed a lot of noise when standing in my garage. It will sound like there's a hardcore battle going on right outside my door but I'll walk out and no one is there. A look at my map will often show that the nearest players are miles and miles away.

I've also noticed what sounds like someone mowing lawns nearby and I'll walk around expecting to see an NPC mowing a lawn but nope. Also, when you're out in the desert, you can hear wolves or coyotes but of course there are none lol. And when you play golf in a public lobby, you can hear explosions and crashes.

CNqtqhc.png