GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Getting started

lilchris131

lilchris131

I haven't played GTA online much yet (only done the tutorial). I want some tips on getting started. I've played the story and everything, but I don't really know how online works and whatnot. So anyone got any tips? :)

1. Stay away from public sessions.

2. Get an Elegy RH8.

3. Farm some Violent Duct.

4. Look for a x16 Potshot playlist.

5. Get the Special Carbine and get ammo only for that weapon.

6. Find someone to trade races (since everybogy left if you set off customs).

• Like 2

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

Find out what are the expensive cars: gang cars, baller (range rover), oracle (BMW) and sell one to LSC every 48 mins (one game day)

Don't get caught up in free roam battles unless you can afford them. With ammo and the cost of dying they can get expensive

• Like 1

Oh and to make some good cash every time you get an invite to rooftop rumble, join it

Watch plenty of YouTube videos....but the older ones.

Great tips there and dont forget........

THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure you might have to go back a few pages and pages but it will be worth it.

So get started....there is so much to learn and do.

If you need personal questions answered, hit me up, I will do my best to help.

Peace, Love and carbine rifles.

Take this piece of advice "TRUST NO ONE".

^This also, best advice you can get. Assume everyone is out to kill you at first

Trust no one.

Bank through your phone, not an ATM. Any cash in your hands is basically going to end up dropped if you're killed so bank by hitting UP on the D Pad, go to Money and Services, Maze Bank, Menu, Deposit and always select the max amount. Certain services require cash in hand after unlocking them like calling a mugger to attack someone or taking a taxi cab or paying the 250 to retrieve your vehicle from impound. Yes. Cops impound your car if you're not careful.

I would say locate the TIPS AND TRICKS topic and read it. Also download the GTA 5 MAP app for Android and iOS and it is a Google map version of GTA 5 with tons of info built in.

It depends on what you want to do.

1st off: Get you some quick cash to purchase one of the assault rifles that are not level locked.

2ndly: Teach yourself that everyone in free roam is potentially an enemy and out to kill you given the chance.

Free roam is a mess. 90% of the players want to kill you and the other 10% don't want to be bothered and will kill you if you get too close to them.

Do you want to rank up quickly or get money?

Rooftop Rumble is the way to go. Accept mission invites when you receive them. Keep an eye on your phone.

There's also an event for the holiday with a playlist that consist of races, death matches, and other PvP modes that nets you double of both (RP and Cash). http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52271/The-Independence-Day-Event-Weekend-July-3-6-Bonus-GTA

Complete survivals and death matches to get your shooting skill up quickly (or you could just go around killing everything in free roam too). Races for your driving skill - this also helps you get your vehicle performance upgrades if you can win at least 50 races.

StateofMind15

Glitch a good amount of money, get some friends and play the game for fun.

lilchris131

I've been playing more, trying to use some of this advice but all that happens is I get invited to jobs by characters and sometimes other online players, but I always end up dying. I often have to start the mission alone because no one joins and I have limited pistol ammo :(

I also try to join Deathmatches but they never seem to load???

Anyone got more advice?

1. Stay away from public sessions.

OP, this what players that are scared to die do

When you're looking to get starter cash and can't find jobs where people won't leave, farm Freeroam. Selling cars, robbing stores, killing targets, crate drops, and hitting armored trucks are all easy money if you don't want the hassle of the matchmaking system. You'll level up fast in the beginning and it'll get you enough cash to at least have a garage and 2 decent cars. If you need races, join car meets and there's usually people that want to do them. Most guys are nice enough that they'll let you win if you need it.

CatchMeTrolling

I've been playing more, trying to use some of this advice but all that happens is I get invited to jobs by characters and sometimes other online players, but I always end up dying. I often have to start the mission alone because no one joins and I have limited pistol ammo :(

Anyone got more advice?

Join an active crew, problem solved.

8xtwxyH.gifk3h9l.png

Keep an eye out on youtube for rp/money glitches because they tend to be patched fairly quickly. Get them while they last so you don't have to worry about them later

Edited by cuti8tushu

lazyassedlover

do what you want, we all started out new players and we are all fine, explore the game for yourself and make your own experiences.....

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

Anyone got more advice?

Sell cars to LSC to buy more ammo. Anything in freeroam that can make you money, do it (high priority vehicle, armored trucks, Lester assassinations, bounties, etc) Get yourself either the special carbine or the bullpup rifle first off, forget the crappy pistol. Buy extended clip for whatever rifle you use, well worth the money. When I started I did Boneyard survival a lot cause it unlocks at lvl 15 and you get decent cash plus a lot of weapons that are level locked that you can use until you either run out of ammo, die holding them, or quit. Use the $30k from the survival to get the special carbine or bullpup and extended clip if you need to. I can't stress enough that you need an assault rifle. And don't worry about dying in missions, just relax and watch the other guys finish and collect your $ and RP. Just try to have fun most of all

Edit: you on PSN or Xbox? If you on PSN add me and I'll show you the ropes

the_RPR

Edited by rickreim

ten-a-penny

As a newbie, stay away from public mode. Its where all the trolls at.

try to get as much as possible to buy the Musket and any of the non-level-locked rifles. These will help you in getting through hard missions.

Farm the f*ck out of golf. No, really! I've gone from lvl7-ish to 13 on my second character just by doing this.

For money, look for Ballers (Range Rover) it nets you with a measy $9,000. Also the gang Peyote's can give 12,320 or around it. Though you need to be in a normal/civilian Peyote to spawn them. Also, its dangerous since the gangs will fire at you if you stole one in their sight.

When you unlock the first Survival, farm the f*ck out of it. That was my main source of money and RP as my main character in the past. (even now I do Survivals for money). Especially since it gives you now 30k. Though it IS dangerous. Just find a nice place to camp in there and kill anyone on-sight. As for that, save your ammo. Use the regular Pistol through Wave 1-3 (One-hit-kill. Confirmed), and any kind of SMG you have on later rounds (use the rifles for backup), MG's for the later hard ones.

Rob stores. I've made $93,000 and leveled up so fast as a newbie.

Do NOT go into senseless PvP. At all. Not as a newbie. (Assuming you go to Free Roam)

If you want to buy any garage, don't do it. Simply target one of the houses in Paleto Bay up north. Everything that you may need is in there :^: Also its cheap. $155,000 is the second most expensive one. (Unless you just want a garage, then target the one in Cypress Hills. Provided if you drive a Peyote a special Matte Dark Red Peyote may spawn behind the fences, which gives $12,970 or less a bit)

Once you had a garage or apartment, target the high-end ones. Del Pierro must be the one you're looking for. 200k. Cheap for a high-end if you ask me. After that, target one of the fast vehicles (i.e Entity XF or Zentorno) for races.

Talking about races, look for somebody here to trade Race wins here. Believe me, you'll like it :^:

Don't spend money on stupid things such as clothes and weapon mods. Just aim for the extended Magazines and grip (if any) for additional clips and accuracy.

Practice firing. The NPC's in this game are f*cking Aimbots.

Always set a target for one of the high-priced stuff, i.e Buzzard. Maybe you still hadn't unlocked that, but if you aimed at that FIRST (to get $1,750,000), the time you reach its level and unlock it you'll be able to buy it. Believe me....I'm lvl127 and I'm YET to buy it thanks to my stupidity :lol:

Those are what I'm thinking right now.

WARNING. GLITCHING IS BAD, YOU MAY BE BANNED. USE GLITCHES SPARINGLY OR NOT AT ALL. On your head be it if you glitch, but R* are fussy f*ckers so be aware banning activites and consider leaving glitching alone or until later in the game (once a few pricier items are unlocked).

Starting out, be brave. Take on all challenges and given missions and always start on hard (difference in difficulty from easy to hard is so marginal that simple patience will see you over the hump. Play slow, play smart. If it seems too easy, expect someone to appear from nowhere).

Also, contrary to some opinions, always try to play with a few randoms (crew mates are a better alternative) to make all missions easier and more rewarding (rp)

Races are a good start. Spend the first few levels trying (soloing) the various races to get a bit of cash, rp and knowledge (cross the finish after 4min for more money).

Currently there are assassination targets. Decent quick(ish) cash You need to be in free roam for this

Stay in free roam. More to do and experience and to cut your teeth on. Save invite only for later levels when you have them unlocked and free roam has pissed you off. Remember, you learn nothing in invite only

Use the activies, especially golf (reasonable rp and decent strength training.

Use Gang attecks when they become available

Try to complete a survival from level 15 onwards

Delay visiting Lester for a while (a few levels). This will stop you getting a bounty on you, but you won't be able to claim any bounties. Not necessarily a bad thing until you have a sniper rifle.

N.B The warning is not representative of personal view and opinion.

• Like 1

ten-a-penny

BTW did I said stay the f*ck away from Simeon?

If not, then stay the f*cking hell away from him. A f*cking spin around the damn map just to get that damn car and deliver it to him only to pay me a f*cking $1,500. I can make this just by robbing a single damn store.

Do the Tutorial. After you're thrown into a server go into passive mode and go to a clothing store to buy some clothes. When asked to rob a store, leave GTA Online and then go into an Invite Only Session. Follow the last steps and buy the Special Carbine rifle. Then do some random missions until you're level 12. When you're level 12 try to get the parachute mission 'Up in the Clouds'. This is easy to do and you rank up very quick. You can also join a public lobby and ask higher level players to help you rank up by hosting missions such as Rooftop Rumble.

Edited by DBrasco

RoyalRedXIII

Hmm.... So much to say, where does one start.

I will gather my thoughts and revisit this.