3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheMckeever

(PS3 / PS4) I will test/rate your Deathmatches

WeeChips

I agree with what's been said here. I'll also add that regarding car parts, I heard people saying that they kept spawning facing walls and that loads of weapons were inaccessible. I didn't come across any weapons other than a combat pistol and grenades. It wasn't really a map that suited pistols, rifles would have been better IMO.

Regarding Rezylo, it was a but spawn killy. The amount of props made it impressive but also a bit laggy. I felt the map was a bit too small even though it was very well done. I think Jesus is right (never thought I'd say that, especially on a GTA forum), it would work better on free aim. It would maybe work better on auto aim without automatic weapons.

perhaps it was intended for teams rather than a FFA which you did because of the odd numbers. Also, you're welcome to join anytime mate.

It was actually designed as a FFA. Generally speaking, I always use default settings to test jobs to see how they were intended.

Edited by WeeChips

WeeChips

@darkgreenmeme Jesus was talking about the other map being better in free aim. Your map was fine on auto aim but I think it would have played better with rifles. I understand your risk/reward logic but when played, it didn't really work and all you end up with is people pissed off that they're using pistols on a fairly big map, which is a shame because I liked the location and prop placement for the most part.

Edited by WeeChips

darkgreenmeme

@darkgreenmeme Jesus was talking about the other map being better in free aim. Your map was fine on auto aim but I think it would have played better with rifles. I understand your risk/reward logic but when played, it didn't really work and all you end up with is people pissed off that they're using pistols on a fairly big map, which is a shame because I liked the location and prop placement for the most part.

The assault rifles and marksman rifles were all located on elevated locations. Usually when one player figures out all the good stuff is on the rooftops, the others quickly follow suit to defend themselves.

WeeChips

@darkgreenmeme - I never got close enough to even think about going for one since I'd have to get through several people to get one and still find my way up. A few people did realise that they were up high but found it too difficult to get them, either not finding where to climb up or having to go through too many people unscathed to get there. I do understand what you've tried to do, I just don't think it worked that well, that's just my view on it though. People wondered why there were no roof spawn points since so much was on the roof.

Edited by WeeChips

Damned_Hitman

Yeah to improve that map DGM, I would try to make it clearer which way to go to get weapons. I like the idea of it being risk based decision making whether to go for a better gun, but it was frustrating when climbing ladders and getting helplessly killed in the search of something better than the starting gun. You could use props to protect players climbing ladders.

ReSpawn points need fixing, they should be facing towards the map, not away from the action.

I noticed the gas cannisters on rooftops, and saw them as being nice additions for countering rooftop campers, so that was a good feature and as said, location is good, just needs a few tweaks.

Please call me Aj lads, free aim jesus is bit of a joke name on here :)

WeeChips

A daft wee clip from Rezylo Arena: Korvius last night. GTA physics at their best.

Edited by WeeChips

darkgreenmeme

@darkgreenmeme - I never got close enough to even think about going for one since I'd have to get through several people to get one and still find my way up. A few people did realise that they were up high but found it too difficult to get them, either not finding where to climb up or having to go through too many people unscathed to get there. I do understand what you've tried to do, I just don't think it worked that well, that's just my view on it though. People wondered why there were no roof spawn points since so much was on the roof.

Fair enough.

darkgreenmeme

Yeah to improve that map DGM, I would try to make it clearer which way to go to get weapons. I like the idea of it being risk based decision making whether to go for a better gun, but it was frustrating when climbing ladders and getting helplessly killed in the search of something better than the starting gun. You could use props to protect players climbing ladders.

ReSpawn points need fixing, they should be facing towards the map, not away from the action.

I noticed the gas cannisters on rooftops, and saw them as being nice additions for countering rooftop campers, so that was a good feature and as said, location is good, just needs a few tweaks.

The reason that a few of the spawn points face away from the action is that I think it is more important to spawn with your back to the wall, rather than facing the wall and perhaps getting shot from behind. I try to keep the spawn points to the perimeter of the action to avoid being spawned in the crossfire and getting spawned killed. My thought is that the radar should help orient the player to where the action is, but being spawned with a view towards the direction where an enemy player outside the action most likely would attack from would be slight tactical advantage. I do understand that it is a bit unusual and may be confusing.

WeeChips

To be honest mate, I can't remember personally having a problem with any of the spawns, I'd have to watch my recording to find out for sure but I'm going by what others were saying. At least one person mentioned to me over the mic and another person by text that they weren't happy with the way they were facing when spawning.

For me personally, I felt it was just the weapons that let the job down, a simple adjustment of the starting weapon and the weapon spawns I think would vastly improve this job. On a seperate note, one of your jobs is next on my review thread and I hope to have it done very soon, I wasn't on for a month but I'm getting back into the swing of things again.

darkgreenmeme

To be honest mate, I can't remember personally having a problem with any of the spawns, I'd have to watch my recording to find out for sure but I'm going by what others were saying. At least one person mentioned to me over the mic and another person by text that they weren't happy with the way they were facing when spawning.

For me personally, I felt it was just the weapons that let the job down, a simple adjustment of the starting weapon and the weapon spawns I think would vastly improve this job. On a seperate note, one of your jobs is next on my review thread and I hope to have it done very soon, I wasn't on for a month but I'm getting back into the swing of things again.

For this one, I can see it may be confusing the first few times you play it, because for the two rooftop systems on this map, there is normally only one way up each. During the match, there are alternate ways up for each rooftop system added using props, and I suppose they may not be so obvious (pallets on the south side of the LSC building, boxes on the south side of the other set of buildings.) The spawn points that face away from the action are by Lester's garment factory -- the way back to the action is through the tunnel where you bring the Kuruma during the Fleeca heist setup, and on the other side of the tunnel where the train track spur goes through.

I am realizing that this match probably is really frustrating until you figure out all four ways up to the roofs.

Good see you back.

TheMckeever

Car and Body Parts II (2-11 players) - Fight it out by the La Mesa Los Santos Customs on the Eastside. Combat pistol/pump shotgun/grenade/machine pistol/assault rifle/marksman rifle/grenade launcher.

2_0.jpg

This is part of a series of 6 that take place at all the mod shops with similar weapons sets. (there's nothing like that feeling getting a hold of the grenade launcher and making it rain, since you don't have to pay for the ammo) Props has been added to aid getting to different rooftops as well as the usual ways up. My personal favorite is CaBP IV, but I see that Dillono already has one in the queue that takes place at that location.

Great location that has that great DM feel to it, like people deserve to die here, mostly weaker weapons in this one with the addition of the nade launcer and snipers and few assault pickups, spawns seemed fine and car placement adds a nice touch to it 4/5

TheMckeever

Nice prop usage with surronding the tracks equals a very crazy DM that others have tried to make and failed due to the fact they can't also just make a decent DM along with they're gimmick. This one works and it's very fun, with a good choice of weapon to go with it and not needing too many players to get started. great fun 5/5

Edited by TheMckeever

TheMckeever

Still To do list...

Dust Bowl

Disposal Place

North Rockford Redux

South LS Recycling

Playground Warfare

Illuminati 2

Battle Royal LTS

TDM/// Italy

Pacific Bluffs

Killer Instinct 6 + 7

+

Rezylo Arena: Korvius II - http://socialclub.ro...vVUubmv7HYP7Nww(20 Max)

Rezylo Arena: Korvius III - http://socialclub.ro...LdUq0iYxEtYmLkg(20 Max)

Rezylo Arena: Fort Ra - http://socialclub.ro...lLk6z6xOtkVbB2g(30 Max)

Rezylo Arena: Fort Ra II - http://socialclub.ro...g?platformId=11(30 Max)

Rezylo Arena: Fort Ra III - http://socialclub.ro...QUESqy3PiGFlWDw(30 Max)

Edited by TheMckeever

Damned_Hitman

Still To do list...

FridgIT Alleyway DM

We played that one on Free Aim Friday, wasn't too bad of a map, but there was a lot of rooftop spawns and the weapons on either end of the map at the beginning, I'm going to include video footage on the next FAF montage.

FR_Player-One

Still To do list...

FridgIT Alleyway DM

We played that one on Free Aim Friday, wasn't too bad of a map, but there was a lot of rooftop spawns and the weapons on either end of the map at the beginning, I'm going to include video footage on the next FAF montage.

Remember, I've never been able to test that map properly ^^

About the spawns, I think you have to place a certain number for the map to be valid.

I don't remember exactly (cause I placed them back on the PS3) but I think most of them are actually at ground level. Of course there is some on rooftops, but more on the ground.

So I think that might be something to do with the algorythm (whatever it's spelled) of the game spwaning system... that chooses to spawn you up there rather than down...

EDIT : Actually now I remember, there is spawn points at ground level everywhere I could place one (safely).

I wouldn't really know how to fix that, unless removing spawn points up there and placing them down... but of course having to place spawns so far apart from each other doesn't help...

About the weapons, my intentions was to give each players a fair amount of weapons/ammo at the beginning of the round and from there fight and survive (with a few occasional pick up here and there). Rather than having weapons and ammo pick up spread appart, and you potentially quickly running out of ammo if you don't find them (or if someone else takes it).

But I guess as it respawn, people will make their way to this place and be exposed, and it might be a "trap"... or they might run out of ammo and don't find any correct weapon/ammo pick up where they are fighting... am I correct ?

I could try to move them a bit more around the map. But that means less ammo from the start too ^^

Edited by FR_Player-One

TheMckeever

they playlists still don't display names, but now I know what one your on about will have the review up soon,

@FR Player 1 - In meantime before I post review, here's my advice on weapon spawns, delete em all in that map, then place a decent pickup in front of all re-spawn points.

Never ever, ever place lots of guns in a row, not at the start and not ever, unless a LTS or some other very good reason, if you do, its very likely one player will collect it all, get killed, re-spawn with none and the whole rest of the ammo-less team will think he's a dick, even thou its not his fault for snatching it... it's no fk'n minecraft!

Space pickups out, never in a row at start points, I used to do it at first... learned not to it the hard way as it leads to a severe lack of ammo throughout map where players need em the most...

Edited by TheMckeever

darkgreenmeme

Double Barreled (2-9 players) - Fight it out with just double barrel shotguns at the Lost farmhouse in Grapeseed.
2_0.jpg

This one is pretty simple, more of an exercise to use the new double barrel shotguns. This weapon can be used from motorcycles and ATVs, and they are provided for that purpose. Probably more practical to use in FFA. There are also jerry can pickups, which regenerate and explode when shot.

FR_Player-One

@FR Player 1 - In meantime before I post review, here's my advice on weapon spawns, delete em all in that map, then place a decent pickup in front of all re-spawn points.

Good idea ! Thank you, I will change that as soon as I can get on the console ^^

I will leave a couple near spawn tho, maybe a sniper or two to help, as your first encounter with the other team should/may be at distance.

But I thought when you respawned you kept the weapons and ammo you previously collected?

Edited by FR_Player-One

WeeChips

You lose some ammo from whatever weapon you hold when you're killed. Plus like McKeever said, there is always some knob that takes all the ammo pickups and leaves the team without even while being told to leave some on the headset.

TheMckeever

I often spawn back with no ammo cept for the forced weapons ammo, sometimes not which leads me to believe its a glitch!

FR_Player-One

Alright alright ^^ I take note

Plus when using forced weapons, they only give you like, 3 magazines.. that's really not a lot.

Edited by FR_Player-One

Damned_Hitman

Alright alright ^^ I take note

Plus when using forced weapons, they only give you like, 3 magazines.. that's really not a lot.

That' one of my main gripes with Forced and Pickups, and it's why most free aim players just put it on Owned, and kick whoever ends up abusing RPG's/Miniguns.

Rockstar would do everyone a favour and make the starting ammo match how it was on GTA IV, you'd start with 30/300 with SMGs on that game, on this you get 30/90. Fair enough for Assisted Aim, but when your bullets miss a lot, it's nothing.

Edited by Free Aim Jesus

TheMckeever

Great location that I've often though about turning into a DM often but alas it's too hard to incorporate into a map, unless of course you do what you've done here and place some much-needed spawns on top of roofs. Spawns couldn't really be any better due to layout of location, as discussion before has stated the weapons here could be a lot better placed instead of commiting the fatal school-boy error of placing them in a row at the start. I reckon any of these guns wouldn't be outta place here SMG, Carbine, MG, Marksmen, AP... that's five seperate classes that are all sturdy for this type of warfare... til then 2.7/5

Edited by TheMckeever

TheMckeever

Double Barreled

(2-9 players) - Fight it out with just double barrel shotguns at the Lost farmhouse in Grapeseed.

2_0.jpg

This one is pretty simple, more of an exercise to use the new double barrel shotguns. This weapon can be used from motorcycles and ATVs, and they are provided for that purpose. Probably more practical to use in FFA. There are also jerry can pickups, which regenerate and explode when shot.

Good little map that shows off the new double-barrel shottie, nice and small so it allows you to get right up to players and blast them away, up close and personal. Nice spawn and pickup placement and the vehicles add a nice touch to it as well 4/5

Edited by TheMckeever

FR_Player-One

Great location that I've often though about turning into a DM often but alas it's too hard to incorporate into a map, unless of course you do what you've done here and place some much-needed spawns on top of roofs. Spawns couldn't really be any better due to layout of location, as discussion before has stated the weapons here could be a lot better placed instead of commiting the fatal school-boy error of placing them in a row at the start. I reckon any of these guns wouldn't be outta place here SMG, Carbine, MG, Marksmen, AP... that's five seperate classes that are all sturdy for this type of warfare... til then 2.7/5

Thank you for the feedbacks :)

I've updated it, changing the placement of weapons pick ups, near respawn points as advised.

Regarding these weapons, I'm sticking with : assault rifles spread around / shotguns in central area / snipers at spawn + rooftop / grenades / grenade launcher (1 per side on a rooftop).

No SMG, no MG (1 pick up only gives you 50 bullets, which is useless when you have an AR) or AP pistol, in order to maximize the ammunations you get for the weapon you actually need to use... I think that should be ok.

Edited by FR_Player-One

Foxy Stevenson

Hello everyone. It's been so long since I last published a tdm.

This is my first tdm on PS4, and it's another cqc map from my Killer Instinct Series.

Killer Instict 6

Link:https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/IZZIrUiAW0GMmJP3Gzaqjg

2_0.jpg

Players: 2-4

Forced + Pickups (Recommended for a better experience)

It's an original map with few hiding spots and simple pickups positioned in such a way that it incentives continuous movement.

Edited by Foxy Stevenson

FR_Player-One

Hey Buddies :)

Today I've finished a new deathmatch (that's pretty rare xD ), it took me at least 8 to 10 hours total to figure everything out.
I would like to submit it to you guys. If possible as well I would like to play on it sometimes ! lol

It's simply called TDM/// Italy

2_2.jpg

The Gist -
You can or can not guess where it takes places. Can you ?

lol It's at the movie set in Richard Majestic Studios.
I have closed it off, and modified it quite a lot to fit that theme (Italy), to look good and immersive (the thumbnail doesn't sell it well lol), and of course to be suitable as a Team Deathmatch (cover, props, adding new ways to navigate vertically / to climb, etc)

It's mainly close to middle range combat. 2 to 12 players.
Weapons are restricted + pick ups. Starting with Vintage Pistol, other weapons include SMG, Compact Rifle, Double barrel Shotgun and Auto Sniper (only 2). That's all. They're well spread.. you should always have some, of some type nearby.
Free Aim largely recommended.

As I said it took me a long time to finalize it, not just cause of the props, but specially because of the spawnpoints placement, which, being heavily restricted... kinda drove me nuts sometimes and made me want to smash a R* dev with a controller in the face.
So, you have to forgive me on this, I did what I could with what I had. I know no way to "glitch place" them exactly where and how I want.

Because of these restrictions, the starting team spawns are a bit messy.
I have been forced to make the Team 1 spawn on a roof, while Team 2 is spawning on the main place down.

Anyway, if you want to give it a try, and let me know what you think about it, that would be cool :)
And sorry for the long text lol

Edited by FR_Player-One

PhoGarrett

Making a very small comeback to the creator. Not big but hey, tell me what you think of my LTS I just made.

Battle Royale

2_0.jpg

Description:

hunger-games-battle-royale-with-cheese-m

Edited by Dillono