Whats the Purpose Of the Paramedics in this game?

pilscy

But seriously... Whats the Purpose Of the Paramedics in this game?

I knocked out a npc... they come and look at the body and pull of.. (nothing)

I killed a npc and they came, saw the body ... looked at him.. wondered how he died and left

-----

In real life, don't they pull out a stretcher and carry the injured or dead person away?

Rockstar messed up here

Just a small callout.

Edited by pilscy
  • Like 4

universetwisters

They really didn't to much in the past games aside from bringing some dead peds back to life in the III era games. One thing I liked in IV though was if your health was bad, you could call a paramedic and they would heal you for like $50 or something like that. Does anyone know if they do this in V or no?

sTgL5iS.png

if your health was bad, you could call a paramedic and they would heal you for like $50 or something like that. Does anyone know if they do this in V or no?

In V, if your health is low, call the Paramedic service. When they arrive, press Y/Triangle to steal the ambulance and your health is restored to full.

Facepalm38

What's the purpose of paramedics? Running over other people to just look at a dead body of course!

They serve as entertainment to me "Yup...he's f*cking dead." I've seen them revive a few people but It's usually when they get there right away.

• 2 weeks later...
AzelfandQuilava

They serve as entertainment to me "Yup...he's f*cking dead." I've seen them revive a few people but It's usually when they get there right away.

"Spy is dead..."

"Yeah, that seems about right."

They don't have any good purpose in GTA V, nor in the entire franchise. If I blew up a pedestrian with a rocket launcher in GTA III, a paramedics team would come down and save the ped. Yeah it may be funny to look at, but they don't have any real purpose. I would just take out my bat and beat them to death.

CaptainMental

They don't have any good purpose in GTA V, nor in the entire franchise. If I blew up a pedestrian with a rocket launcher in GTA III, a paramedics team would come down and save the ped. Yeah it may be funny to look at, but they don't have any real purpose. I would just take out my bat and beat them to death.

As far as I remember, a hostile NPC in GTAIII brought back to life will attack you again, for instance, if you killed a police officer or hostile gangmember and took their weapon and the paramedics brought the dead NPC back to life, the NPC would come at you with nothing but their fists. This processed could be repeated, the NPCs didnt learn anything from the encounter. ;) I might remember wrong here but I think that a police officer that was being brought back to life didnt render you any wanted level if killing him again.

Delta India Echo

They are completely douchy in GTA V. Always looking for a fight.

DON'T YOU KNOW IM LOCO?

efe4a6b167.png

Don't remember if it was GTA SA or IV, when a ped gets hurt, the paramedics comes, the ped into the ambulance and drives off.

I followed them once to see if, they're actually taken to a hospital. After 20 minutes of driving around in circles and even driving pass a hospital!

I had enough, and fired a rocket at it.

Then I fired one more at it, just to make sure they're all dead, so they can all go into the afterlife, including the ambulance.

Ah well, at least the ambulance does something, the Fire Dept is absolutely useless in GTA IV, by the time they arrive the fire burned out by itself.

If you keep the fire for long enough by throwing molotov, they come and do nothing and run away from the fire.

Edited by Stinky12

ViceCityStalker

They come to the scene of a crime to drop some hindsight knowledge then leave.

• Like 2

Paramedics do absolutely nothing in this game. At least in IV and 3D era games they could revive people. In V they do absolutely nothing. Hell at least if you're going to show up and pronounce them dead, then put a bag over the body or carry them off in a stretcher. Do SOMETHING. Instead they just show up, say a snarky comment and then leave.

It amazes me how so much of the AI capabilities have been downgraded in this game versus past ones. You'd think in a continuing franchise that newer games would learn and build onto past games, not break them down and remove features.

• Like 4

CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz 1.24v CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Push/Pull GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4 RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200W Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB

Delta India Echo

Instead they just show up, say a snarky comment and then leave.

And 78% of the time they will end up fighting you too. Not to mention every time you land back a punch it will automatically earn you a 1 star.

The paramedics in this game are all kinds of f*cked up, almost like they were one of the very last things to be added.

Edited by Delta India Echo

efe4a6b167.png

Officer Ronson

Like everyone else with a brain has been saying here it's due to the fact the game is being limited to 526 of ram. They've been in some occasions spotted saving people, atleast the LSFD does something unlike that bunch of FDLC f*cks.

• Like 1

ViceCityStalker

Like everyone else with a brain has been saying here it's due to the fact the game is being limited to 526 of ram. They've been in some occasions spotted saving people, atleast the LSFD does something unlike that bunch of FDLC f*cks.

This is unrelated to the spastic ambulance drones but I wonder if this is why there isn`t a lot of cops patrolling around like in every other damn GTA.

You know what also bothers me?

The ambulances. They have no interior - behind the rear glass windows in nonexistant doors, there's a black surface.

• Like 2

One time, I was bicycling down a road in the outskirts of Los Santos as Franklin, when suddenly, a car going the opposite direction exploded and killed everyone nearby. I could hear paramedic sirens almost immediately, so I waited out of curiosity to see what they were going to do.

Turns out they were closer than I thought, and they ended up T-boning me with their ambulance. I guess they got mad at me for getting in the way, because they beat me to death before I could get up.

They're such a big help.

Edited by Ridd
  • Like 1

walkingsickness

There is a lot of "useless" things in the this game that has no purpose to them. Such as BugerShot, UP and Atom, and Bahamas Mama West.

However I like some of the dialog of the paramedics when they arrive and have no clue what to do.

Trevorphilipjfry

521mb of RAM, and some is used for the ps3/360 OS.

And wouldn't you guys rated they use the finite amount of resources on IMPORTANT features of the game, hopefully this will change for you lucky fellas next gen.

It's spots like this that show where the RAM went to. R* made an almost next gen looking game. So instead of using more power for dynamic AI they cut back and put it towards the graphics.

So now with the power of PS4/XB1, who knows whats up their sleeves. I'd imagine a lot of AI detail that was cut from the last gen versions will return somehow in the new versions.

Edited by NYC PATROL
  • Like 1

The ambulances. They have no interior - behind the rear glass windows in nonexistant doors, there's a black surface.

This fookin game man. Even GTA 3 had ambulance interiors, as plain as they were.

• Like 1

CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz 1.24v CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Push/Pull GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4 RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200W Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB

Let's hope PC version has a interior

I know we're all trying not to get our hopes up and whatnot but I expect this to be amongst the changes to the new-gen version.

They do nothing and are pointless in this game.

Harwood Butch3r

I agree the firefighters in GTA V are better, but that still doesn't explain why the paramedics and cops for that matter lack the A.I they did in GTA IV to carry out what they should do rather than be useless douchebags.

Whenever I think of GTA V and things like this I always think of the song "one step forward, two steps back".

• Like 3