GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

POLL: Do you want to see a Military DLC?

GKS Sahara

POLL: Should we get a Military DLC?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel as if GTA Online would be a much enjoyable experience with a Military DLC?

• YES! It's a must have.
    • NO! It ruins the concept of GTA...
    • It will be a plus, but I can live without it.
    • I don't care weather we get it or not...

GKS Sahara

IMPORTANT NOTE!! This thread is referring to the Military like vehicles that were in the BETA for the game, but got cut last minute. As well as the ability to wear certain clothing that other characters have worn in single player. What I am listing for the most part has been seen in GTA games in the past and was in the BETA for GTA V. So including the 2 vehicle's I've listed wont change the genre of the game. This thread is NOT a wishlist, and is NOT referring to advanced military vehicles/weapons. This isn't battlefield, CoD, or Arma, its GTA.

By this (Things in the BETA/Single player) I'm referring to;

• The Hunter (Apache AH-64) Attack Helicopter seen in the BETA.
  • The VTOL Hydra (Harrier) seen in the BETA.
  • The Military ATV loosely based off of the HUMVEE seen in the BETA.
  • The 2 weapons that were leaked and the only 2 not released yet (Scar-H & MG/AR).
  • Ability to wear both of Michael's Spec Ops gear in GTA Online.
  • Ability to wear the military clothing as seen at F. Zancudo/various missions in GTA Online.
  • Ability to rappel out of any helicopter that doesn't need to be controlled by a AI.
  • The Jetpack
Edited by Vishnu1111
  • Like 3

It would be cool but i dont see it as a must. Although i would buy it all..

• Like 2

tymaster50

so we can have people going around cosplaying as soldiers wearing tacky camo? No thanks.

• Like 4

I want this.

• Like 2

I want a helicopter with more armour and more missiles. Maybe something better suited to take out jets as well.

• Like 2

GKS Sahara

It would be cool but i dont see it as a must. Although i would buy it all..

I agree, to be honest the only downside I can see from a release of a DLC like this are the people who take it too seriously and think its a Military based game and so on. It's important for GTA to stick to its roots but I too think a Military DLC would be hella fun. I'd pay for it if I had to

No.

And it's whether not weather.

weather = clouds rain sun etc.

lol My bad, typo. Ill fix that thanks!

Edited by Vishnu1111

AbusementPark

Are you a Lewis Hamilton fan OP?..Sebastian Vettel for life! ;D

OT: This is a must have! I've always wanted a Military theme DLC.

• Like 1

GKS Sahara

I don't know man Vettel's championship hopes don't seem too good this year haha

Sky_Light12

By this I'm referring to;

• The Hunter (Apache AH-64) Attack Helicopter seen in the BETA.
  • The VTOL Hydra (Harrier) seen in the BETA.
  • The Military ATV loosely based off of the HUMVEE seen in the BETA.
  • The 2 weapons that were leaked and the only 2 not released yet (Scar-H & MG/AR).
  • Ability to wear both of Michael's Spec Ops gear in GTA Online.
  • Ability to wear the military clothing as seen at F. Zancudo/various missions in GTA Online.

i miss hunter apaches , aw man . R* didn't join the hunter with independence day DLC , soo long i haven't hold control stick on hunter's cockpit

nope, IMO all the military equipment we have now is too much.

tanks and jets, RPG's and miniguns just don't seem to fit IMO

but I geuss it is really a matter of taste

as long as they don't make the same mistakes as they did with the tank

they seemed to have learned from it somewhat.

I dno if it's not going to be too OP I geuss I could live with it

I'm just afraid it's going to create a climate where you have to jump in a heavy military vehicle in order to compete

kind of like how you basically needed to get a tank as soon as some1 brought out theirs

this isn't battlefield you know.

AbusementPark

I don't know man Vettel's championship hopes don't seem too good this year haha

With the bad luck he's been having piled on with the sheer pace of that Mercedes engine, I can admit, his championship hopes don't look too good..Hope Nico destroys Lewis throughout the rest of the season though. Can't stand seeing Lewis winning the championship :D

no, this is GTA not some war game. there are tons of military war games out there this does not need to become one also. even though you could've fooled me with the way it is anyway.

Edited by 8up local

I think it would be kinda funny to see a group come wandering out of the forest dressed in appropriate camo. Like the scene in Armageddon where the rag-tag team is walking in slow motion and trying to look cool.

If you haven't seen VanossGaming on Youtube he has some funny militaristic video that had me laughing. Something about the squeaker he plays with. They're standing in a nice line and saluting but one of them chooses the "easy way out". Just as he dies someone screamed "MEDIC!" and the squeaker, as authoritative as possible screams back "that WAS the medic!"

With Military DLC would come a Red Vs Blue style setup I'm sure.

• Like 2

The Lonesome Drifter

This again?

Oh well, it is a forum so you can post what you want, but this subjects been covered multiple times :(

On topic though, I couldn't care less.

I'm for this.

As long as the Hydra is level locked (if it's bought), maybe 180+, but Hunter 130

After all, they will be included sooner or later whether you like it or not.

• Like 1

I don't want that crap military thing.

I want... I don't know what I want next but not military stuff.

Not A Nice Person

Go play Battlefield. Twankers everywhere would love these.

Pg7Txhi.gif

Don Maximus Meridius

Yes, no doubt. Add an aircraft carrier too.

Edited by Don Maximus Meridius

Yeah this could be a nice update. I'll take military outfits over hipster and business crap.

GraniteDevil

Considering that every gd pos session I join has at least 3 friggin tanks driving around, no, I really, really do NOT want to see a military dlc.

UNLESS

We get an anti-tank weapon. Then I will change my tune faster than a pole-dancer sheds clothing.

I'm a bit torn. First, people who want military stuff are typically shoot-on-sight type of players which are probably the most irritating kind of player you can meet in a freeroam. The only notable chopper is the Buzzard (which I love completely, I would park it in my garage if I could) and doesn't have a real enemy besides a jet, a tank, a well placed rocket or a sniper. That's not a lot considering there's no other attack choppers. The annihilator (spelling on that?) doesn't have lock-on and isn't as nimble as I would like it to be. The jet also doesn't have any real enemies beside a tank or a sniper. So if we were to get a new chopper and jet, it could probably even out the playing field when you enter a lobby and a guy in a jet is being a prick. Sure, they would be at the Fort (well, the harrier at least) so you'd still have to steal them but it could make a big difference in the sky.

I think what GTA:O really needs right now, besides getting their sh*t together, is a more focused on GTA DLC. I'm Not A Hipster update sucked when you think about it. 400K for a car that looks like it goes to Switzerland for a car show? It's appealing to a certain type of crowd. Maybe a new DLC with stuff from Vice City, San Andreas and GTA IV would be nice. Not sure if anything from GTA 3 would be good in this era (maybe a few cars or even the famed Stallion which was in most R* games). I just feel R* are putting out great DLC but isn't for everyone. I know it's for the 4th of July but the Independence one felt like something Saints Row would sell (along with its 30 other worthless DLC). Just my two cents...because that's all my character has and this expensive DLC is really ruining me.

Sky_Light12

aside hunter nor purchaseable lazer jets , perhaps new vehicle category added : APC ( ranging armored personel carrier to IFV ) & tank ( ranging light tank to heavy tank )

~ APC

armored personel carrier : it offers bulletproof protection ( as well bulletproof tires ) & transport many players . usually there's gunners manning 50.cal or minigun

infantry mobility vehicle : has similar purpouse to armored personel carrier , but less passenger & better offroad cruising

IFV : it armored vehicle meant to attack infantries . usually has catepillar tracks like regular tanks but less durable than tanks . like armored personel carrier , it may can carry many passengers

~ Tank

light tank : like IFV , all light tanks could attack infantries . as they light , it can carried by cargobob . though , their light armor only offers few explosive protections before exploded

heavy tank : as expected , heavy tank has advanced armor than light ones & it cannot carried by cargobob . heavy tanks were slower than light tank but deadly cannon of heavy tank can perform 1 hit aganist all of light tanks & able to whitstand more explosives than light tank

Edited by Sky_Light12

OwensRacing

Scuba gear for deep see diving and the Rubber Dingy you can steal one from MW boat pickup so let me buy one.

• Like 1

GKS Sahara

aside hunter nor purchaseable lazer jets , perhaps new vehicle category added : APC ( ranging armored personel carrier to IFV ) & tank ( ranging light tank to heavy tank )

~ APC

armored personel carrier : it offers bulletproof protection ( as well bulletproof tires ) & transport many players . usually there's gunners manning 50.cal or minigun

infantry mobility vehicle : has similar purpouse to armored personel carrier , but less passenger & better offroad cruising

IFV : it armored vehicle meant to attack infantries . usually has catepillar tracks like regular tanks but less durable than tanks . like armored personel carrier , it may can carry many passengers

In my honest opinion that's taking it a bit too far, like others said this isnt Arma 3 or Battlefield. I really just created this poll to see if people still have any interest in the Military vehicles that were in the BETA and didn't make the final cut into the game. As well as being able to wear Michael's Spec ops gear online.

Edited by Vishnu1111