Every single DLC was planned from the start

TheGtaAnimals

TheGtaAnimals

You heard me. It was. The new monster truck that just came out, it was always in the games files. It had the same texture, same everything. I saw the truck in a poster I think in ammunation. My friend saw the vestra in one of the trailers, the military attack heli from the commercial of the simion will probably come out real soon too. Also I believe my friend has found a new vehicle too in one of trailers. I'm using my phone right now but I'll try to find some evidence

• Like 2

You heard me. It was

Of course it was.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks that one of the worlds largest game designers is just making this up as they go along...

GTA V was planned in 2009, but wasn't released because they had to actually make the game. A concept is not a finished product. Also, as far as I know, the Vestra wasn't in a trailer, and the truck wasn't in the files.

That's not new, think of all the other games how they do it.

GTA V was planned in 2009, but wasn't released because they had to actually make the game. A concept is not a finished product. Also, as far as I know, the Vestra wasn't in a trailer, and the truck wasn't in the files.

I heard rumors that GTA V was going to be in Liberty City again but was scrapped early in development to create a reimagined San Andreas. Can't remember where I read it but I know for sure it was real.

chrisscorsese88

You heard me. It was

Of course it was.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks that one of the worlds largest game designers is just making this up as they go along...

Ditto times two.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The reason(s) why all these DLCs were supposed to be in the game to begin with but were cut out was to make sure the game was released on time, and to keep gamers interested in the game. If all of these DLCs were out to begin with, including Online Heists and the SP DLC, everyone would be deathly bored of this game and no one would play it anymore. The fact that Rockstar is slowly rolling out these free updates (keyword is free) is only because they want people to keep playing the game.

RominOctane

Yep this has been noticed by many for a while. But I realized it after the hipster update. This is a good thing that could mean a couple of things. (I'm talking about single player)

1.a lot of the "cut" content that were found in the game files a while ago like basketball, bowling, gang wars etc will eventually be realesed as these free updates or a bunch if them will be included in the big singleplayer DLC.

2. It was never "cut" content at all but are things that the PS4 & XB1 versions are going to have to make them worth buying. Since we've already seen new animals and peds.This might be more logical one because the ps3 &360 might not be able to run all those thing.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for the current gen realese but it could be possible.

• Like 3

TrevorSpeed914

They're trying to make everyone online.

I wouldn't say that, but they have a heavy focus on Online now, which is a shame. I didn't enjoy Online. Part of what made GTA awesome to begin with was the feeling of rising up and controlling things on your own. Working with others in real time, often little kids whose parents need their ass kicked, for no real goal isn't my cup of tea.

But I digress. Rockstar plans all this stuff ahead of time, but they work on it as it comes out. I wouldn't call V and unfinished game, but I like that we got a great game only to have free DLC added as time goes on.

universetwisters

...Since we've already seen new animals and peds...

New peds? I haven't heard about that, just the animal parts.

On the topic of DLCs being planned from the start, is it really true? I can imagine some like the Valentines Day Massacre and the Beach Bum one were just on-the-fly gigs, basic weapons, clothes, vehicles, etc.

sTgL5iS.png

PowerKracker

It's kind of a combination really. They have a general outline of what they shall add, but there'll be changes on the way as well. There's got to be a reason why, say, Rhapsody was apparently originally intended for the base game judging by the handling files, but only readded later (also Speeder, judging by the audio files).

• Like 1

Problemses?

RominOctane

...Since we've already seen new animals and peds...

New peds? I haven't heard about that, just the animal parts.

On the topic of DLCs being planned from the start, is it really true? I can imagine some like the Valentines Day Massacre and the Beach Bum one were just on-the-fly gigs, basic weapons, clothes, vehicles, etc.

The scene where Franklin is walking chop. There is a female "families" memeber. That wasn't in the ps3, 360 versions.
  • Like 2

You mean Rockstar actually wants us to keep playing the game long after release? They give us these free little DLC's to keep interest sparked while we wait for something bigger because they want us to stay interested in their product? What kind of company are these monsters running?

• Like 1

chrisscorsese88

Rockstar is a business, not a charity, and whatever they do is to maximize their profits. Taking out some content and re-adding them later, even for free, will in the long run entice more people to buy their product and keep them interested until real DLC is released. I guarantee that this SP DLC will not be free, and it's possible some DLCs before that cost us money too, but there's no way they're adding that SP DLC for free. Again, it's all about making money, and whatever they think they have to do to maximize their profits, they'll do it.

• Like 1

Spider-Vice

I heard rumors that GTA V was going to be in Liberty City again but was scrapped early in development to create a reimagined San Andreas. Can't remember where I read it but I know for sure it was real.

Are you sure you didn't confuse it with the fact that the Episodes from Liberty City were supposed to be some kind of V prototype?

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Are you sure you didn't confuse it with the fact that the Episodes from Liberty City were supposed to be some kind of V prototype?

I don't know because some people say that EFLC had better graphics than the original GTA IV, so I'm not sure. Maybe they used what was available in EFLC and built upon that? Makes since cause I mean that's why it was probably scrapped early. I guess it could be a V prototype, has anyone compared the 2? (EFLC and V)

DaRkL3AD3R

Don't forget the Hydra OP.

Yeah, they definitely had all this stuff planned for months now. The only saving grace is that thus far it's all been free.

Now if they were charging for these packs? Then I would probably never buy a single one of them and not be the slightest bit upset about missing out on any of it.

• Like 2

CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz 1.24v CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Push/Pull GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4 RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200W Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB

You heard me. It was. The new monster truck that just came out, it was always in the games files. It had the same texture, same everything. I saw the truck in a poster I think in ammunation. My friend saw the vestra in one of the trailers, the military attack heli from the commercial of the simion will probably come out real soon too. Also I believe my friend has found a new vehicle too in one of trailers. I'm using my phone right now but I'll try to find some evidence

I agree with you, but not because of any of your reasons.

1. Nope, Vestra was in none of the trailers (Trust me, theres no way that would slip through this forums view)

2. Monster Truck is not in any poster

3. These "New vehicles" your "friend found" are cut, or deleted beta vehicles

HOW'S ANNIE?

I can't see why this is even a problem. All these small updates have been free, so they're really not scamming anything out of you.

• Like 3

ViceCityStalker

No it wasn`t planned for the brief moments that Sam and Dan lift their heads up off the strippers voluptuous coke laden breasts,they just spew random sh*t about cars and weapons then dive back into their own personal nirvana`s.

• Like 2

The Sullinator

They probably intentionally made a bunch of little things, and withheld other things just to use them in small package DLCs that they would release to keep us busy every once in a while and quit bitching.

Geralt of Rivia

No sh*t...

Do you think a giant AAA game developer doesn't have a plan?

CallMeGarrett

Do you think a giant AAA game developer doesn't have a plan?

Of course. No triple A developer plans out DLC or any other added content before-hand. They all come along the way, and then finish the game when they release the uber-DLC. EA did it.

Fireman Sam

Even Cops N Crooks were found in the source codes. :)

Cutter De Blanc

The Monster Truck is on a poster in the Yellow Jack Inn.

• Like 1

The Monster Truck is on a poster in the Yellow Jack Inn.

It's a red GTA IV Rancher with the actual wheels of the Liberator!

• Like 1

Fuzzknuckles

If there's a single person in the world that is surprised by this, I'd be very surprised.

OF COURSE it was all planned from the beginning. They know what they're doing.

Signatures are dumb anyway.