Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,574 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

B Dawg

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you rather play?

C1aude_III

I'll have two gta number four one with tlad and one with tbogt. Lel big smoke will instead order two number nines.

Zenar

Not a single reason? I'll give you several big reasons:

- Underground Fight Club

- Drug Wars

- Better police system

- No health regeneration

- AA12 Auto Shotgun

- M249 Light Machine Gun

- Better gunplay

- Able to shoot up 2 clubs with said weapons

- Slighty less bullsh*t story

- Luis is more interesting than Franklin I guess, while Franklin is playing Iron Man with his clothes, Luis is banging chicks

- Better driving mechanics

Both TBOGT and V fall into the 'worst GTAs ever made' category, so a poll between the two make sense.

If V didn't have it's giant countryside surrounding Los Santos, TBOGT would have been better than V in every single way (gameplay wise)

+ Pool, Bowling, Eating, Airhockey

I never understand why they cut so much thing in GTA V.

Algonquin Assassin

I'd still choose TBOGT simply because it's short and sweet. It may only be 26 missions, but it's enough where it doesn't become annoying/tedious after a while. GTA V suffers from the San Andreas syndrome IMO where it's only interesting during the first 1/4 and it becomes silly.

TBOGT doesn't have that issue as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't diverge from its main theme and stays on point. Also GTA V doesn't have cage fights, drug wars etc which are way more fun than the majority of GTA V's activities even if there are less.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Journey_95

I'd still choose TBOGT simply because it's short and sweet. It may only be 26 missions, but it's enough where it doesn't become annoying/tedious after a while. GTA V suffers from the San Andreas syndrome IMO where it's only interesting during the first 1/4 and it becomes silly.

TBOGT doesn't have that issue as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't diverge from its main theme and stays on point. Also GTA V doesn't have cage fights, drug wars etc which are way more fun than the majority of GTA V's activities even if there are less.

I get whatt you are saying but at least V was a clean slate of sorts. With TBOGT they just sh*t all over GTA IV and TLAD's atmosphere and it just doesn't fit in the GTA IV Saga. The style is completely different with its zany characters, ridiculous missions, more colorful city etc.

They should have at least finished the GTA IV Saga with the style of IV and not suddenly go all SA and make a preview of V.

And overall I still preferred the story and characters of V and its overall lighthearted atmosphere at least fitted the setting (unlike TBOGT).

Edited by Journey_95

Algonquin Assassin

Fair enough. :^:

Even though I agree it's the awkward sibling of the GTA IV saga I appreciate the attempt of bringing a different look at the city. It introduced night clubs, cage fights, drug wars etc which all should've been in GTA V if R* were really using TBOGT as a blueprint of sorts. Neither game's remarkable when it comes to story/characters, but GTA V tries too hard to be taken seriously as well as cramming in cringe worthy "funny" moments and fails at both.

TBOGT knows what it is. Yeah it feels tone/style jarring compared to GTA IV and TLAD, but it's still a game I could pick up and play to beat it over a weekend and still have a blast. Regardless of its style it still retains everything mechancally that makes GTA IV so great like the driving physcs, melee combat, physics etc. :)

jaljax

I'd have to say TBOGT after all the soundtrack's a lot more memorable along with the character's

ClaudeIzABadAzz

TBoGT anyday. I liked TBoGT from the first time I played it, I still prefer IV and TLaD, but TBoGT it still a great at game. After all, it is still GTA IV.

Algonquin Assassin

TBoGT anyday. I liked TBoGT from the first time I played it, I still prefer IV and TLaD, but TBoGT it still a great at game. After all, it is still GTA IV.

That's what I like about it. Forgetting its story, characters etc it's still GTA IV at its core. :)

.Bach

I never cared much about the story or the characters of TBoGT, but I still prefer it over GTA V. Like Algoquin Assassin said, it's still GTA IV at the core with all its great physics, gunplay and driving mechanics.

But you know what's more important? It doesn't have missions like this:

Journey_95

I never cared much about the story or the characters of TBoGT, but I still prefer it over GTA V. Like Algoquin Assassin said, it's still GTA IV at the core with all its great physics, gunplay and driving mechanics.

But you know what's more important? It doesn't have missions like this:

Yeah it has even worse missions like when you get that tank for Yusuf..how is that any less over the top than that?

That's what I like about it. Forgetting its story, characters etc it's still GTA IV at its core. :)

Yeah but I think the story and characters are what make GTA IV truly special. The gameplay is fantastic & the city is well done but it just adds to it.

Like V would be better if it had IV's engine but not that much since the writing would still be rather lacking

ITz_cLaude_bAB

TBoGT has a better story, better protagonist (as unlikable as Luis is, i still prefer him over the V trio), better gameplay (i prefer the IV style driving, shooting and Euphoria physics over V's) and better side missions. Contrary to some, i like the radio, too. Especially the new Vladivostok. The EFLC disc came with a few new stations as well, with Vice City FM being amazing. V doesn't have anything going for it, in my opinion. I said this so many times before, but the only reason i still have my GTA 5 disc is for the Online.

In short: TBoGT, with a landslide victory.

I know this is f*cking old, but are you an actual North Korean?

Curtis

TBoGT has a better story, better protagonist (as unlikable as Luis is, i still prefer him over the V trio), better gameplay (i prefer the IV style driving, shooting and Euphoria physics over V's) and better side missions. Contrary to some, i like the radio, too. Especially the new Vladivostok. The EFLC disc came with a few new stations as well, with Vice City FM being amazing. V doesn't have anything going for it, in my opinion. I said this so many times before, but the only reason i still have my GTA 5 disc is for the Online.

In short: TBoGT, with a landslide victory.

I know this is f*cking old, but are you an actual North Korean?

Why the f*ck are you even insulting him for no good reason? Just because he has a different opinion or brought good points up?

Edited by Curtis

hei3enberg

It's an old topic, but I'm not getting younger either. Today, when I decided to put Online away, the answer is TBOGT. It was a nice addition to an exceptional core gameplay, especially considering that the core game is almost 10 years old. Does it fit general IV theme? Well, no and that's a good thing for variety. I wish it could be possible to play IV on WIn 10, but I never managed to get it to work...

CavalcadeFan

TBOGT because it still has the good ol GTA 4 physics and ragdoll, plus hundreds of interiors in multiplayer and kept the amazing AI.

But hey listen up, if you're gonna give me the EFLC version of TBOGT (The one that got ram jam and vcfm) then no sorry, i prefer GTA 5 instead BECAUSE i cant stand the poor selection of radio stations in EFLC, they make LC feel empty meanwhile GTA 5 radio stations actually made LS feel more alive.