1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

B Dawg

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you rather play?

zubcake77

So V is basically a retirement simulator. Tennis Golf Yoga Swimming lmfao. Off roading in V is boring with those kind of driving mechanics.

You mean to tell me you'd do all of those instead of going around fighting people, stealing cars/drugs and all?

No i mean you can already kill people, steal cars and other random sh*t. Take a moment to play some other activities then f*cking shooting all day. Dont like that? Fine theres many other stuff like go rob a store do heists and replay the missions to get gold. And so much more. But its ok if you like dancing with female npcs in a night clubs. Oh and how about buying a tank or rhino and cause maythem or go scuba diving. And theres online so please. Tell me mor stuff thats better and ill prove its not. Edited by zubcake77

O.Z

TBOGT hands down. I cant get used to the arcadey feel of driving in V, its the biggest dealbraker for me.

The driving physics in TBOGT are an absolute joy and also the city is more alive, everything has a purpose, unlike V, while it looks stunning its lifeless in so many ways compared to Ballad.

I have a bad feeling that the GTA IV(EFLC) will be the last truly great game in the series. GTA VI will most likely end up with the same "7 year old car physics" engine, I hope I am wrong...

PS: GTAV Online is the biggest turd to have ever happened to the great franchise, basically its ruined the whole series, well for me anyways

RIP SP DLC

Edited by O.Z

Miamivicecity

I've been reading some of the earlier pages in this thread. Things got heated back then lol. I would still choose TBOGT over GTA V.

Journey_95

The only thing I disliked on TBoGT was Super diamond handling, it's arcadish for me.

Apart from this, I'm sticky with my opinion, Luis Lopes is the best GTA HD era character, he's so much better than the jail bitch Michael, the cloth ironer Franklin and the methhead retarded Trevor, deal with it. And fk these Niko's fanboys, I hate depressive characters. Niko is as annoying as Dwayne, he's such a hypocrite that makes a sad face everytime he kills someone, he says he don't wanna keep doing this, but he always changes his mind immediately when someone puts 50 bucks on his hands, he's ranty, conplains 98% of the time and he's unbearable.

Luis is more happy, he bangs women across the LC. Damn, he has even piloted a golden chopper. By the other hand, Niko sucks.

Sounds like you just like Luis because he is basically a blank slate and pure wish fulfillment

Niko and Michael are more realistic characters with flaws, especially the former.

Anyway on topic: V is better than Tbogt. At least it has Michael, a great new city and countryside etc.

Tbogt ruined LC with the sh*tty filters (it just doesn't fit LC), not to mention the terrible songs. Luis is almost as bad as Franklin. Both have bad storylines with obnoxious characters.

Of course I would dump both GTA V and TBOGT for GTA IV and TLAD in a heartbeat

Edited by Journey_95

jpm1

well, i already said it 1000 times, but for me it's TBoGT with Niko mod without hesitating

AjdarFan

I don't get it. Why choose TBoGT when we have V? TBoGT is like a demo version of V. Everything is same except toned down. I would understand IV vs V since they are wastly different and IV focuses on storyline, V focuses on action. But TBoGT?!?! I don't get it. Story is sh*t just like V. I don't find any single reason to choose TBoGT.

B Dawg

Not a single reason? I'll give you several big reasons:

- Underground Fight Club

- Drug Wars

- Better police system

- No health regeneration

- AA12 Auto Shotgun

- M249 Light Machine Gun

- Better gunplay

- Able to shoot up 2 clubs with said weapons

- Slighty less bullsh*t story

- Luis is more interesting than Franklin I guess, while Franklin is playing Iron Man with his clothes, Luis is banging chicks

- Better driving mechanics

Both TBOGT and V fall into the 'worst GTAs ever made' category, so a poll between the two make sense.

If V didn't have it's giant countryside surrounding Los Santos, TBOGT would have been better than V in every single way (gameplay wise)

Edited by B Dawg

jpm1

.. clubs, restaurants, handling, Niko (mod), much better city atmosphere (i canno't really explain this. but for me it's obvious that LC is much more beautiful than LS)

izXenon

TBOGT of course

DERGaming

I could not live without TBoGT

Michael

The Ballad Of Gay Tony is great, but I would definitely choose Grand Theft Auto V..

ksk575

I like both games with crazy missions but if I have to chose then I will go with TBoGT

TBoGT for night clubs, drug wars and fight club.

V for big map with countryside and Flying.

also Amir Yusuf >>>>> all characters in GTA V.

Vulhetaar

Gotta give love to TBoGT!

Love the Electro-Choc Radio music.. Like there Major Lazer - Jump up.. So I pretty much listened Major Lazer music before It got mainstream (special snowflake here).

also.. WE GETTIN ARAB MONEY!

Champagne Showers! Club management and Luis' crazy ex.

just some to name out of many

The Rockstar Gamer 108

F*ck, I think I would go for TBOGT.

Eh, catch this man! He is a Club Guy in the name of Biker! He's kept us in Dark for a long time!

Prasdana21

Story wise? GTA V

Gameplay wise? TBOGT

Both are great video games for me...if I really have to choose one though, I'll go with V.

Kess1987

I really love TBOGT. Maybe best GTA in Liberty City. I liked Niko, I liked Johnny, but I enjoyed a LOT TBOGT, tons of fun in it, characters, missions, weapons, vehicles, side-activitites (that fightclub...)

BUT, man, GTA V is GTA V. Three awesome characters with awesome storyline (IMO), missions, heists, map, planes, cycles, moddable weapons, cars, shooting range, internet, "sports" (absolutely love golf and tennis minigames), endless possibilities...

Definitely voted for V.

eCola

TBoGT wins. The game feels like Vice City in Liberty City, but at least it's more tolerable than V.

Official General

TBoGT wins. The game feels like Vice City in Liberty City, but at least it's more tolerable than V.

Yeah I agree.

I just had more fun with it than TLAD.

Nenad Grujic

I vote for TBOGT. Rockstar made GTA5 for new players aka young people, and they have had the mission to earn a lot of money with sharks cards, personally I don't like it.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

TBOGT is much better than gta V.

gta V is just a mixture of (IV&EFLC) & SA, as I said earlier.

V = (IV+tLaD+TBOGT) x SA

The story has really got any sense. Michael & T were bank robbers. Brad got killed. Michael was alive. Bit Trevor thought the oppossite. Michael came to LS. Franklin stole his sons car. Michael aimed a gun on his head, then beat up Simon Yeritin. Michael invited Franklin for jobs. They saved Jimmy. They crushed Madrazo's house. Madrazo asked him to return his money. Then M & F were forced to rob a jewellery store. They lay low. Trevor saw this in a news channel while drilling Ashley. Johnny called him motherf+cker. He killed Johnny. He killed TLMC. He killed ONeils. He came to LS in search of Michael. They became friends. They tried to rob Merryweather for nothing. They did jobs for FIB. Then Weston. Then for Madrazo again. Trever kidnapped Madrazo's wife. Then they lay low. They rob a bank. Now they again harm merryweather train just for a monkey statue.

(I've played till here)

Si, V's story is goofier than that of TBOGT.

Edited by DIze

SmokesWithCigs

after starting a replay of 4 and eflc yesterday the 4 series is starting to grow on me now that I've gotten a better grasp of controls and gameplay mechanics. while gta v was my first love and first foray into the hi def gaming genertation its shortcoming like bugs that cause the weedfarm not to respawn etc . tbogt wins because of better nightlife ,side missions etc. also tbogt is the most graphically stunning out of the 4 series.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I would understand IV vs V since they are wastly different and IV focuses on storyline, V focuses on action.

WTF Man! GTA V focuses on driving , not action! And IV Era focuses on EVERYTHING . It's a piece of mastery, which cannot be beaten by other games so easy. According to me:

gta IV - Shooting & Storyline

tLaD - Teamwork Action & Storyline

TBOGT - One Man Army Action & Fun

gta V - Driving

Edited by The American Army 1775

B Dawg

GTA V doesn't focus on driving, otherwise the driving aspect wouldn't be sh*t :p

CountdownIIExtinction

lol who the f*ck revived this 3 year old topic?

I'd choose TboGt over V. Better music, better characters, better story. V has better gameplay I'll admit and more enhanced mission structure but GTAIV and episodes just have style and real gangsta sh*t. GTAV is a girly game.

kidzbyn

TBoGT please

Mr_Rager

TBoGT please

Get me a TBOGT just like his

lol232

GTA V doesn't focus on driving, otherwise the driving aspect wouldn't be sh*t :p

It focuses on driving, which also happens to be sh*t. :p

Edited by lol232

Payne Killer

I still have to go with TBoGT. There are some things from V that I feel would work well here, like the improved skydiving physics/parachuting. TBoGT may be the "worst" of the IV series to some but I always liked it, the story was average but it's fun for random chaos or just messing around with cheats.

Gettin up

V obviously.

C1aude_III

It's comparing a realistic game to a unrealistic game and to be honest I prefer the unrealistic game for couple of reasons.

Switch Character-while in gta v you get to switch character in gta iv you get to switch between characters but not the same way as gta v which you need gta iv complete edition to be able to play with the 3 characters even though they are counted as dlcs.

Weapon Wheel-I find it amazing that you can finally carry multiple weapons instead of one for each slot that blows my mind away but it's unrealistic but still amazing.

Gta Online-for once finally you have an actual entertaining online where you buy guns,vehicles,houses and more stuff rather than stupid online where you get to only f*ck around with your friends.

One last words we all know that gta iv has dlcs which are tlad and tbogt and they are like kind of singleplayer and multiplayer dlcs? because they also have their own multiplayer so that players are able to get the new stuff from that specific dlc because every game has it's multiplayer IV,TLAD,TBOGT where gta v you have online dlcs where you can actually get them in sp using a trainer but instead in gta iv you can't get weapons or vehicles from tlad and tbogt because they were specifically made for those dlcs and I honestly wish that the singleplayer dlcs for gta v that rockstar games have been talking about I wish they are just the same as in gta iv where you get a new story or like a new game and that new game or story is like GTA V TLAD and you guys are like what? I mean like we must know what happened to johnny before he got killed by trevor seriously what was he's story later then and we get to switch between clay and terry and then at the end of the story you just get killed and boom end of the story y'know makes sense and it sounds amazing who agrees with me?