Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,391 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

B Dawg

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you rather play?

fac316

If TBoGT was the length of IV (with the nightclubs and drug wars) then Ballad, but since Ballad is wayyy too short V.

SuperGTFan

TBOGT

MrDeSanta

Actually V and TBOGT have alot incommon.

They both have mediocre to bad stories, they both have mediocre characters (excluding Yusuf f*cking Amir one of the best characters in GTA history), they both have over the top super unrealistic missions,they both have terrible antagonists (altough Bulgarin still beats V`s clowns) and they both have terrible endings.

The only difference is that TBOGT has the best side crime activity in GTA franchise- drug wars, while V doesn`t have none of such fun.

So in the end of the day i`d probably choose TBOGT. The only thing i dislike is only has 28 missions. Too short. But then again, it has an excuse for being short because it`s just a DLC.

But V has no excuse for only having 60 real missions.

Edited by MrDeSanta

SkyHunted

They both have mediocre to bad stories, they both have mediocre characters (excluding Yusuf f*cking Amir one of the best characters in GTA history), they both have over the top super unrealistic missions,they both have terrible antagonists (altough Bulgarin still beats V`s clowns) and they both have terrible endings.

The only difference is that TBOGT has the best side crime activity in GTA franchise- drug wars, while V doesn`t have none of such fun.

So in the end of the day i`d probably choose TBOGT. The only thing i dislike is only has 28 missions. Too short. But then again, it has an excuse for being short because it`s just a DLC.

This. :^:

PhillBellic

Having read through MrDeSanta's post, I still prefer TBOGT. It's mainly to do with the Setting. :)

SuperGTFan

Having read through MrDeSanta's post, I still prefer TBOGT. It's mainly to do with the Setting. :)Because Star Junction is full of music !

UshaB

TBOGT

The:

• Cagefighting
  • Drug Wars
  • Had interiors (e.g. "I thought this was a party")
  • Parachuting (felt cooler back then)
  • Nitro-racing
  • Club management
  • And its connection with IV and TLAD. It was beautiful how they pieced it all together.

Algonquin Assassin

To be honest when I finished TBOGT recently it gave me a new appreciation for its story. Still doesn't touch GTA IV and TLAD obviously, but IMO for what it is it's so much better than GTA V's.

The ending for TBOGT is better too and felt like a true ending to not just it, but the entire GTA IV/EFLC saga. It didn't leave me wondering "is that it?" like GTA V.

So for me story wise TBOGT achieves more with less if that makes sense.

PhillBellic

To be honest when I finished TBOGT recently it gave me a new appreciation for its story. Still doesn't touch GTA IV and TLAD obviously, but IMO for what it is it's so much better than GTA V's.

The ending for TBOGT is better too and felt like a true ending to not just it, but the entire GTA IV/EFLC saga. It didn't leave me wondering "is that it?" like GTA V.

So for me story wise TBOGT achieves more with less if that makes sense.

Although, Bulgarin was totally Niko's kill, and not Luis's, amirite? :)

Algonquin Assassin

Yeah. I would've preferred if Niko killed him instead of Luis, but atleast it wasn't left as a plot hole like choosing ending A and B in GTA V.

Aerovitia

TBOGT.

The vehicles roster are still balanced, even though R* adds several more sports cars. And yes, they actually adds more emergency vehicles! Altough they normally only spawned on MP, but they're more useful in LCPDFR. :)

Also love that Automatic Shotgun, a bit OP but still really fun.

The storyline are still better than V (but worse than IV and TLAD), even though Bulgarin's arc are killing me. Luis are actually a bit more loveable, if only he isn't overly snarky. And of course, Yusuf!

B Dawg

TBOGT's game mechanics didn't suffer from being dumbed down unlike V's, which is a major plus for TBOGT!

B Dawg

And you can listen to Liberty Rock Radio/LCHC unlike in V where you get super weak rock/punk.

'You don't sing about broken hearts, you sing about breaking faces!'

'LCHC, we'll give you something to be angry about!'

PhillBellic

And you can listen to Liberty Rock Radio/LCHC unlike in V where you get super weak rock/punk.

"Let's fu*k sh*t up!" *head banging*

;)

SuperGTFan

"Let's fu*k sh*t up!" *head banging*

;)

"Damn, we're gonna be just like Alaska..."

Payne Killer

But...but...I like Channel X.

Predator

L.C.H.C IS MUCH BETTER MAX "MORE CLASSIC , DEATH f*ckING METAL"

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Payne Killer

I like both, Ganton.

B Dawg

Makes Channel X bands sound like a bunch of sissies :p

You know, when I think of Channel X, I get reminded of all the sh*tty Nu-Metal/Metalcore bands where their songs start off great but then turn to sh*t, although Channel X doesn't suffer from that problem as much as they do. Here's an example:

''Damn the opening riffs are so badass, then pops up this sissy vocalist who completely changes the tone of the song and everything falls apart. ''My life is so filled with hate'', BUT HE SOUNDS LIKE A f*ckING SISSY! You don't mix something like that with those vocals!''

You feel me? :*( That's why I'm into LCHC and old-school metal. /endrant

Edited by B Dawg

SuperGTFan

Kenny Loggins!

Xing of Virtue

TBOGT, all because of charmy little Lou Lou.

Journey_95

Edited by Journey_95

AnDReJ98

Uh, it's a hard choice but i guess i will go with V. I don't mean anything bad about TBoGT, they are almost equal for me. Both games are good and similar in aspect of my enjoyment IMO.

American Viking

I've got my complaints about both games, with the majority of them about GTA V, but I'll take a full game over DLC anyday.

JON22

Over the last few weeks, I've had more fun playing through vanilla GTA 4 to the Ballad of Gay Tony than GTA 5. Sure 5 has a big map and better graphics but lacks atmosphere and decent side activities. And the buzzard in TBOGT is fun as f*ck.

--Vega--

V no doubt. Not even a question. Liberty City becomes extremely claustrophobic after a while.

Though TBOGT was my fav from (IV, TLatD, & GT)

zubcake77

Come on guys just face it. oh omg nightclubs and fight clubs, im totally gonna spend my whole time playing that. GTAV is way better its endless hours of fun you can do practically 10x times the stuff. No fight club, no 'nightclubs', no problems go the strip club, play tennis golf yoga go buy a car and go off road go swimming and hunt sharks and theres so much more, for the first time they included more options then f*cking shooting around all day. And if you don't like that go to GTA online.

Edited by zubcake77

B Dawg

So V is basically a retirement simulator. Tennis Golf Yoga Swimming lmfao. Off roading in V is boring with those kind of driving mechanics.

You mean to tell me you'd do all of those instead of going around fighting people, stealing cars/drugs and all?

Edited by B Dawg

shadowoperative

V because GTAO.

I have an insurgent. hydra. yacht, kuruma. and much more customization.

theGTAking101

V because GTAO.

I have an insurgent. hydra. yacht, kuruma. and much more customization.

You never disappoint.