2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

B Dawg

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you rather play?

IDAS Leader

Why is this even a contest? Every episode in IV (Mainly the actual game) sucks dick compared to V.

I find it disturbing when a GTA V fanboy draws a comparison to sucking a dick.

Hey don't get me wrong GTA IV isn't the worst game in the world. But I wouldn't start by saying it's better than V. There's a whole lot a of OWGs that beat the day lights out of IV, simply because there ain't any to do.

I can say the same thing about GTA V as well. All it does better to me is on the technical front and even that's questionable. Not only are GTA IV/EFLC better games to me than GTA V... VC and hell SA even are. I'd even go as far as saying as SR2 is a better game than GTA V since it's packed with a lot of crime related side content that GTA V lacks horribly.

GTA V is a good game that looks amazing and all, but most of us don't play GTA games for looks. I'll always have much more respect for GTA IV/EFLC as I feel like R* were much more honest back then and they didn't put online ahead of single player like they're doing with GTAO.

Sorry to intrude, but I do think GTA V is better than all those, even though they're all good. Saint's Row 2, and San Andreas, you do have your reasons for liking them better, IV sort of, but Vice City??? You're going to have to have an explaintion for that one. That game can't stack up to V at all.

They put a lot of fun and more detail into the singleplayer than IV, and rest of the episodes combined. It actually things to do. The only reason why you think that GTAO is their main focus is simply because there are no story DLCs, it has more content, it's there, and it's better than IV's multiplayer. Sorry if I came off a little hard but it's accurate.

Even though VC lacks the mechanical advancements of the newer games I like the story more in VC and I think the empire building is better than the properties in GTA V. I've always considered VC to have the best melee weapons in the series too and it has some unique interiors like the airport and shopping mall which I'm surprised the newer games don't have. Not even SA.

Despite its outdated mechanics it's still a fun game to play to me. I have more fun than in GTA V and GTA IV/EFLC are also more fun to me as well. Like I've said many times before I appreciate the technical leaps made in GTA V, but for all I care it can have the biggest map all it wants it always feels like something's missing to me. It just feels "hollow" everytime I try to play. It's a really good open world game in fact, but IMO it's not a great GTA.

1. I know the plot's, but for me mission's count. That's I enjoyed GTA V's story more.

2. I can agree with this point.

3. Maybe but, in GTA V the melee weapons seem to be more real.

4. The map's great to me. Los Santos looks way bigger, better, and awsome than it was before, the nature of blaine county is amazing.

f*ck off.

If you love V so much, how about you f*ck off out of the IV section?

You need to f*cking chill out. Why are you so mad, and what are you trying to prove?

dognuts

I'd rather have limited melee weapons, but a good melee system (TBoGT) over a ton of melee weapons, but with a crappy melee system (V).

f*ck off.

You need to f*cking chill out. Why are you so mad, and what are you trying to prove?

*sigh*

You can't be serious.

B Dawg

It is almost imposible to compare a fully developed story to some half and badly developed DLC about some Dominican Don Juan who works for some gay named Tony and f*cks every pussy he can find in those disgusting night clubs.

TBOGT isn`t a bad game but compare to V it looks like a cheap telenovela, full of slimy characters.

A third of the votes are for TBOGT. They certainly are comparable :lol:

You can`t develop such opinion and loyalty for a game that has only 26 short missions.

*cough* The Lost And Damned *cough* Very loyal fanbase *cough*

IDAS Leader

@killerdonuts I was talking to rahsmoov18.

Edited by IDAS Leader

dognuts

@killerdonuts I was talking to rahsmoov18.

Oh, alright. Sorry about that. Thanks for the clarification.

Jackson T

f*ck off.

I could ask you, miamivicty, b dawg, kampret, sting rs, and all the other IV fanboys that come on there everyday the same thing.

As for you IDAS, I'm not mad, I just think IV's a waste of time.

Edited by rahsmoov18

dognuts

I could ask you, miamivicty, b dawg, kampret, sting rs, and all the other IV fanboys that come on there everyday the same thing.

Considering V is the latest game in the series, you should expect those who are disappointed by it to express themselves, just like people did with IV.

Going to the older game's forum, where it is 10x LESS active and bumping topics just to spread hate like you are doing just makes you look like a jackass. If IV is such a waste of time, spreading hate about it is an even bigger waste of time xD

MrVance

It is almost imposible to compare a fully developed story to some half and badly developed DLC about some Dominican Don Juan who works for some gay named Tony and f*cks every pussy he can find in those disgusting night clubs.

TBOGT isn`t a bad game but compare to V it looks like a cheap telenovela, full of slimy characters.

A third of the votes are for TBOGT. They certainly are comparable :lol:

You can`t develop such opinion and loyalty for a game that has only 26 short missions.

*cough* The Lost And Damned *cough* Very loyal fanbase *cough*

Yeah well TLAD actually had pretty good storyline but i can`t say the same for TBOGT.

Comparing TBOGT to V is a joke and you all know that but since you grow hate for V you`ll say otherwise of course.

VC, IV, TLAD and V are great games with higly developed story But TBOGT on the other hand belongs to the same rank as SA, 3 or VCS`s storyline- a boring, half-developed plots, similar to those in some cheap mexican telenovelas.

Spadge

Vice City Stories !

Miamivicecity

f*ck off.

thekillerdonuts has already explained, but the difference is GTA V is the newest game in the series and whether you like it or not people are going to share their disappointments. I like GTA V, but It's simply not a great game to me due to all of its shortcomings. A good game, yes, but a great game no IMO.

I'm willing to give next gen a go, but I doubt my opinion will change significantly. The story will still be mediocre and the crime activities will more than likely still pale in comparison to GTA IV/EFLC.

It's just going to look prettier by the looks of it. That's why I haven't bothered pre-ordering and I'll wait for a few weeks. In the meantime I'm enjoying my playthroughs of VC and GTA IV.

Anyway because this forum is far less active you honestly come across as a spiteful fanboy who can't handle the criticism GTA V gets so you use the GTA IV forum to "get back". It's really childish and pathetic if you ask me.

Ducard

tbh, I know rahsmoov or whatever sounds like an idiot but he has a point.

the negativity in the V section is just absurd.

people are always so negative, both IV and V fans, they are always like "If I want X, Rockstar should add X", the whiners keep ruining every thread and the praisers (for a better word) respond with equal anger and the whole section is a bloody mess.

I think it's time we move on, all of us. It's been a year and we have made our opinions clear, The same complaints are repeating over and over again. it's just a game. Wait for the DLC or GTA VI. One bad tree does not ruin the whole forest, the same logic applies here.

also, I have noticed that some of the complainers have not even played GTA V, thanks to my exceptional stalking abilities, but hey that is another story. :whistle:

so, yeah, in short, just move on.

Edited by Ducard

Miamivicecity

I honestly don't think the GTA V forum is that bad when I compare it to what the GTA IV forum was like a year after release and up until a couple of years ago when things finally started simmering down.

People haven't seen hate unless they were here for GTA IV's release.

PhillBellic

I honestly don't think the GTA V forum is that bad when I compare it to what GTA IV forum was like a year after release and up until a couple of years ago when things finally started simmering down.

Really? The IV bashing was that bad?! :blink: It would possibly explain why there are so many Busted members when I archive binge. :)

Cheers.

Ducard

I honestly don't think the GTA V forum is that bad when I compare it to what the GTA IV forum was like a year after release and up until a couple of years ago when things finally started simmering down.

but why do people have to be so negative?

why can't we appreciate each GTA for what it is than for what isn't?

Edited by Ducard

B Dawg

In my opinion V is bad for the thing it is :lol:

Edited by B Dawg

Gummy 

Why can't we love both equally?

B Dawg

^ You'd have to be pretty damn adaptable for that. Like loving Death Metal and trying to love the sh*ttiest folk music you've ever heard.

UshaB

I reckon if TBOGT had more work effort put into it then I'd prefer it over GTA V. However I've got to go with V, it's got all forms of different vehicles yet TBOGT has different places to go inside.

Damn I want to go into a club as Franklin.

IDAS Leader

Why because Trevor killed Johnny, you miss the car physics, or there's more to do than to hang out? I had plenty of reasons to hate GTA IV, but you never would catch butt hurting about it every 5 seconds.

MrVance

Why because Trevor killed Johnny, you miss the car physics, or there's more to do than to hang out? I had plenty of reasons to hate GTA IV, but you never would catch butt hurting about it every 5 seconds.

That`s the main reason- Johnny. it`s almost impossible that you hate everything about a game like V unless you have some personal vendetta.

A bunch of immature buthurted people who act like a couple of angry kids whom daddy took the toy.

Full of hypocrisy, denial and whining because of some fictional character got killed.

Niobium

for the septillionth time, it's not that he died. it's HOW he died.

HOW.

HOW.

HOW.

get that through your skull ffs.

That`s the main reason- Johnny. it`s almost impossible that you hate everything about a game like V unless you have some personal vendetta.

A bunch of immature buthurted people who act like a couple of angry kids whom daddy took the toy.

Full of hypocrisy, denial and whining because of some fictional character got killed.

oh get the hell out of here with that rubbish.

i do not "hate" V just because johnny was killed. if johnny's death was taken out of the story, then all those other features i did not like (such as the sh*tty car driving, the bullsh*t storyline (more or less), the pay-to-win shark cards in Online, dumbed-down shooting, trevor, supercops, terrible AI who get angry at you if you stand next to them for 10 seconds, etc) would not go away.

"it`s almost impossible that you hate everything about a game like V unless you have some personal vendetta"

well f*ck me, someone actually has a different opinion!

Edited by nobum62

IDAS Leader

for the septillionth time, it's not that he died. it's HOW he died.

HOW.

HOW.

HOW.

get that through your skull ffs.

oh get the hell out of here with that rubbish.

i do not "hate" V just because johnny was killed. if johnny's death was taken out of the story, then all those other features i did not like (such as the sh*tty car driving, the bullsh*t storyline (more or less), the pay-to-win shark cards in Online, dumbed-down shooting, trevor, supercops, terrible AI who get angry at you if you stand next to them for 10 seconds, etc) would not go away.

"it`s almost impossible that you hate everything about a game like V unless you have some personal vendetta"

well f*ck me, someone actually has a different opinion!

"for the septillionth time, it's not that he died. it's HOW he died.

HOW.

HOW.

HOW.

get that through your skull ffs."

What are talking about?

Niobium

people are saying "lel johnny fanboys r pissed dat he dyed" but the reality is that we aren't pissed at johnny dying. we were pissed at the way he was killed and how humiliating his death was.

Miamivicecity

I can't speak for others, but Johnny's death is actually a small reason to me why I find GTA V a step backwards. Erasing his death doesn't change the mediocre driving physics, focus on leisure rather than criminal activities, LS feeling like a cardboard cutout and less immersive than LC etc.

Johnny's death IMO shows how R* were willing to go for sh*tty shock value, but to me at least it's just one of the problems with GTA V.

Ducard

focus on leisure rather than criminal activities

Regardless of whether them being criminal or not, do you like these activities? (excluding yoga)

LS feeling like a cardboard cutout and less immersive than LC

People are saying this has been greatly improved in the NG versions. Most describe just walking in FPV is so much fun.

The Deadite

V

Because is a full game with 3 protagonists and trevor.

and i lost every ounce of respect of you...

It has a jet, a giant map with a country side, more customization and sharks.

But V wins by little.

Stoney0503

V, because it has everything from TBOGT and more.

Except Yusuf

There was a lot of things mission in TBOGT, such as many MP game modes and vigilante missions.

Kampret

f*ck off.

What? Me? I'm lurking around V forums simply because I liked the game, and I'd love to buy it on PC.

I'm lurking around IV forums simply because it's my favorite GTA.

dognuts

TBOGT has drug wars, clubbing, fight club and more, which V doesn't have.

Nico

TBOGT has drug wars, clubbing, fight club and more, which V doesn't have.

And air hockey. I love that thing, IRL and ingame.

Stoney, when was the last time you played TBOGT? Seems like you barely have any idea of it's features, or the fanboy element is strong on you. I think is the latter.