Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,655 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

B Dawg

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you rather play?

B Dawg

Vote

universetwisters

V, but just because I can't take the filter in TBOGT.

And shouldn't this be in the TBOGT section?

B Dawg

Well this was supposed to be for TLAD fans because both games are very different to IV and TLAD in their own ways.

TBOGT: Ok protagonist, Bouncer, works in a club with sh*tty music, good gameplay and side activities, Yusuf, arab money, nitrous.

V: Three protagonists,

where one of them kills our beloved TLAD protagonist and the whole gang is turned into sh*t

, giant map, heists, 3x the missions, dumbed down gameplay, forced aiding mechanics (hitmarkers, kill flash), ugly supercars, health regeneration

f*ck, I think I would go for TBOGT.

Could be edited to add more reasons for each game*

Edited by B Dawg

Niobium

TBOGT, because the story pisses me off a lot less than V with Johnny not being cheaply killed by a "badass". Plus Yusuf Amir niggas!!

Webster.

As much as I dislike V, I can't stand TBOGT. The game is far too restricted and less more things to do. V has way more benefits than TBOGT.

B Dawg

As much as I dislike V, I can't stand TBOGT. The game is far too restricted and less more things to do. V has way more benefits than TBOGT.

It might have less, but better. I think I'd take Underground Fight Tournaments and Drug Wars over Yoga and Arms Trafficking.

Besides, in TBOGT, you can grab an LMG/RPG/Explosive Shotgun and shoot 50+ people in Hercules + Maisonette 9. That sh*t is fun, coupled with Simple Native Trainer to be Niko or Johnny.

Edited by B Dawg

Algonquin Assassin

TBOGT.

I never used to like TBOGT very much. I guess it took me a few years to warn up to it. It's actually a very good game in its own right and feels more unique than GTA V. It also has enterable nightclubs. Something GTA V should have.

I still prefer GTA IV and TLAD, but at least it tries to be its own game. GTA V is confused and doesn't know whether it wants to be SA or GTA IV.

Tycek

I would pick TBoGT without a second thought.

Story was rather weak, but at least it was there and had some pretty cool ending with a quite dark twist. First time I've did it I was smiling widely, parachuting down while listening to No Security.

Luis was asshole and womanizer, who character was more shallow than a piss creek, but at the same time he was kinda likeable, which was not a factor in V.

It was just an add-on, but it still managed to add some new things, like parachuting, new weapons, fight club and drug wars. I don't have to tell you that was ten times better than yoga.

I am not a fan of the TBoGT radio stations, which pretty much ruined the original ones from IV, but I can live with it.

B Dawg

I am not a fan of the TBoGT radio stations, which pretty much ruined the original ones from IV, but I can live with it.

True, but you still got LCHC, Liberty Rock Radio, Radio Broker and that stuff to satisfy.

Webster.

It might have less, but better. I think I'd take Underground Fight Tournaments and Drug Wars over Yoga and Arms Trafficking.

Besides, in TBOGT, you can grab an LMG/RPG/Explosive Shotgun and shoot 50+ people in Hercules + Maisonette 9. That sh*t is fun, coupled with Simple Native Trainer to be Niko or Johnny.

The Fight Tournaments and Drug Wars were fun, but GTA V has more side missions than just two. The side missions were good, but that's about it. The missions in the game were rubbish and totally fake. To be honest, I'm not really into games for the fun. What I mean by that is that I enjoy some realism and reality in the missions. I do like a bit of fun, but not an overload of it. TBOGT is just a bad game, in my opinion. Would pick TLAD and GTA IV over GTA V any day. :^:

HoleInTheSky

For a full release game like GTA V compared to an episodic mission pack, this is a strange comparison. I disliked TBOGT for the most part, but played it through to complete IV's trinity.

Drunken Cowboy

Kinda unfair considering one's a DLC... still gotta go for Liberty, though.

LancerG2

V.

It had a gritter feeling in the countryside by Blaine County, besides it pissed me off every f*cking 10 seconds when Luis goes...

"Oye, bro, Oye, Oye, blah blah, Gay Tony, f*ck you, Oye".

Edited by LancerG2

Algonquin Assassin

Kinda unfair considering one's a DLC... still gotta go for Liberty, though.

It's not really unfair consideing it has its strengths that upstage a full game like GTA V. Shows how good of a job R* done on EFLC really.

ClaudX

It's you and me against the world.

Mr_Leone

Luis isn't that annoying tbh. He really does care about Tony.

FootFetishBoy

TBOGT.

I never used to like TBOGT very much. I guess it took me a few years to warn up to it. It's actually a very good game in its own right and feels more unique than GTA V. It also has enterable nightclubs. Something GTA V should have.

I still prefer GTA IV and TLAD, but at least it tries to be its own game. GTA V is confused and doesn't know whether it wants to be SA or GTA IV.

i think it was trying to be a Combination of both so they could please both sides of the Fanbase i would Applaud R* For that rather than slate them for it.

OT

Im Actually kinda torn both are fun games with Decent Entertaining Stories (TBOGT Has the very slight edge imo) But Overall i would have to Edge it over To V.

Edited by FootFetishBoy

ddyoung

While TBOGT was a lot of fun and was way over the top and just allowed players to be crazy, it was still just a DLC. GTA V is a whole game that is over the top and crazy, with a great map, albeit not as detailed or life like as LC.

Keegeroo

If we're talking story, TBOGT. (even though the dialogue kills me sometimes.)

For longevity, V. Much more to do, a lot more customization.

HaythamKenway

TBoGT worked well when put in one package with vanilla IV and TLaD. On its own? I'm not sure. The story was non-existant, the protagonist was horrible and side-missions were rather shallow compared to IV's and TLaD's. But missions, gameplay-wise, were probably the best in the whole series, there were some terrific supporting characters (Tony, Bulgarin, Yusuf, Mori) and Houser and co. were at their best when it came to comedy.

It's really hard picking between those games. If I had TBoGT without great things carried over from IV and TLaD (Liberty City as the setting, driving physics, Drug/Gang Wars etc.), I'd probably pick V. Those two games are very similar, but V actually had some plot (no matter how weak it was), it had Michael and his character arc and it had the countryside and those things edge TBoGT out a little bit.

Edited by SFPD officer

Ape1337

From a multiplayer standpoint, TBOGT simply due to the amount of aerial combat that took place with the buzzards ( same with IV's annie ). It always brought me back for more and it never got old to me. If only the lazer jet was purchasable and easy to get then maybe their would be more fighter pilots in the air in V online.

TommyBellic13

Tbogt felt like the base for 5 for me especially when things like golfing, parachuting, explosive gameplay got their starts in tbogt and then fully developed in 5 so Id pick 5. That being said TBOGT feels like the perfect balance between 5 and 4 when I play now so if my choice was between 4 or TBOGT itd be tough choice

DJ_DC99

V, as 5 is superior to 4.

Anyways, TBoGT has got the best radio station, Electro Shoc. That's the best music in all GTA games.

Shadowfennekin

*tosses TBoGT out the window*

Trevor wins. Goodbye Luis.

B Dawg

TBoGT has got the best radio station, Electro Shoc. That's the best music in all GTA games

I BANISH YOU TO THE ETERNAL PITS OF FIRE!

Bathory_BlackMark.jpg

DJ_DC99

TBoGT has got the best radio station, Electro Shoc. That's the best music in all GTA games

I BANISH YOU TO THE ETERNAL PITS OF FIRE!

Bathory_BlackMark.jpg

I was born there.

Curtis

Tbogt. i can't stand working for the FiB and driving a thousand f*cking miles to a forest to take a crap. And Trevor sucks like a vacuum full of dicks. I bet any other protagonist could blast his brains out like a egg burst without even trying.

Edited by RandomStunt

dognuts

TBoGT has a better story, better protagonist (as unlikable as Luis is, i still prefer him over the V trio), better gameplay (i prefer the IV style driving, shooting and Euphoria physics over V's) and better side missions. Contrary to some, i like the radio, too. Especially the new Vladivostok. The EFLC disc came with a few new stations as well, with Vice City FM being amazing. V doesn't have anything going for it, in my opinion. I said this so many times before, but the only reason i still have my GTA 5 disc is for the Online.

In short: TBoGT, with a landslide victory.

vengeancehawk

The Buzzard in TBOGT is 10000000x more badass than GTA V's.

fefenc

The Buzzard in TBOGT is 10000000x more badass than GTA V's.

it's a GOLDEN buzzard, it's obvious it'll be more badass than V's one ;)