Will Female Lead Character In GTA 6 Is Good Idea?

imabhisheksaini

kingredbeardi

I think the only way it would work would be A) As a DLC for GTA V, not a new, full game in the future. And B) since 95% of the people who play the GTA series are dudes, the woman protagonist would have to basically be a dude in a woman's body to avoid it being sexist and trashy.

LurkingLurker

i remember the complaints rockstar got when ppl found out there was no female lead...

rockstar responded by saying "the concept of being masculine was so key to this story."

&

"In the future, could we do a game with a lead female character? Of course," "We just haven't found the right game for it yet, but it's one of the things that we always think about. It didn't feel natural for this game but definitely for the right game in the future--with the right themes, it could be fantastic."

something to think about.....

• Like 1

Women are tricky issue.

Many feminists are moms of the target audience and are the ones actually spending money on games, because they justify their stereotypical men image. Violent, brutal, etc. They would refuse to see a female fulfilling this role.

On other side, there are dads being afraid that their son will get too much of female side aka turn gay.

While i'm not saying that it is always the case, this is statistically most the case, as seen by the financial forecast. And the guys decide a lot.

Lol, I'm not sure what your getting at, but those prospects should be irrelevant. Any parent trying to be responsible who gets THAT concerned about what impact the content of a game would have on their kids, should not be buying them ANYTHING from the GRAND THEFT AUTO SERIES in the first place.

And if the "kid" is 18 and old enough to buy it himself, it doesn't matter if his parents want him to play it or not lol.

I'm getting at that for the business shark it's a loss to decide to concentrate on one target audience when you can have two(even a hypothetical one, as concerned the prognose).

Probably a adult would buy it, but not the sexually anxious dad or feminist mom.

Right now, GTA5 'fits' the expectations of all these target audiences.

See the bigger picture.

Edited by Alvarez

I do not believe for a second that R* has any idea how to write an actual, real, leading female character.

We might even question if R* has any idea how to write an actual retired bank robber, upwardly mobile Los Santos gang banger or psycho former military pilot. :p

LadySuperioR

if one character is a female, no. the story would suck

if it was two males who were the lead characters, then the female a supporting character in a few missions, then sure.

"hur dur your sexist"

erm, no. you can't make a realistic story with a female character leading because that's not how the criminal world is.

you ever seen a gangster movie where the woman is running around with a tommy gun shooting people and making orders? no, because thatt's not how it is

you ever seen gang shootings involving women wielding AK47s gunning people down?

nope

i'm not sexist., it's wanting a good story for the next GTA and a female lead can't achieve that.

Ok, you're probably not a sexist but you damn sure dumb as hell. So you've never heard of women like Jemeker Thompson Hairston or Griselda Blanco?? Both where VERY powerful queen pin drug lords. Even while she was in prison, Griselda Blanco was STILL running her outside operation and getting people murdered. You see some women didnt have to run around shooting because they had their own operation workers/loyal gunners to do their dirty work for them, that's power. You obivously dont know anything about that yet..google it, research it, watch biography channel once in a while. Get your head out of your asss!

Edited by LadySuperioR

lazyassedlover

no

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

RoyalRedXIII

Women are tricky issue.

Many feminists are moms of the target audience and are the ones actually spending money on games, because they justify their stereotypical men image. Violent, brutal, etc. They would refuse to see a female fulfilling this role.

On other side, there are dads being afraid that their son will get too much of female side aka turn gay.

While i'm not saying that it is always the case, this is statistically most the case, as seen by the financial forecast. And the guys decide a lot.

Lol, I'm not sure what your getting at, but those prospects should be irrelevant. Any parent trying to be responsible who gets THAT concerned about what impact the content of a game would have on their kids, should not be buying them ANYTHING from the GRAND THEFT AUTO SERIES in the first place.

And if the "kid" is 18 and old enough to buy it himself, it doesn't matter if his parents want him to play it or not lol.

I'm getting at that for the business shark it's a loss to decide to concentrate on one target audience when you can have two(even a hypothetical one, as concerned the prognose).

Probably a adult would buy it, but not the sexually anxious dad or feminist mom.

See the bigger picture.

Well for one, I haven't looked at any sales figures, but somethin tells me that "feminist moms" are not one of Rockstar's targeted demographics in any way shape or form. But maybe that's just me -.-

And I'm willing to bet "sexually anxious" describes the majority of male gamers to begin with lol, so I'm not sure what your "big picture" is here

Women are tricky issue.

See the bigger picture.

Well for one, I haven't looked at any sales figures, but somethin tells me that "feminist moms" are not one of Rockstar's targeted demographics in any way shape or form. But maybe that's just me -.-

And I'm willing to bet "sexually anxious" describes the majority of male gamers to begin with lol, so I'm not sure what your "big picture" is here

Big picture is what the sales dictate, or are supported to dictate according to sales managers, that's all.

Just throw in everything the majority liked previously and maximize the profit.

Tali vas Normandy

Only if its really planned out well. I don't want to them make a sh*t character or story just because they got feminist breathing down their neck.

Edited by tali vas Normandy

YAXQK18.gif

RoyalRedXIII

Women are tricky issue.

See the bigger picture.

Big picture is what the sales dictate, or are supported to dictate according to sales managers, that's all.

Just throw in everything the majority liked previously and maximize the profit.

That was rhetorical because like I said,

"Well for one, I haven't looked at any sales figures, but somethin tells me that "feminist moms" are not one of Rockstar's targeted demographics in any way shape or form. But maybe that's just me -.-"

So I don't see how what you said addressed the "big picture" if the demographic you described in not on their agenda to begin with.

LadySuperioR

If R* actually did come out with a female main character, I know for fact most of you would still buy it. Think of movies that may influence the idea-Salt, Catalina, Tomb Raider, Charlies Angels, Elektra

Not A Nice Person

Imagine if she was like Kill Bill, Maybe the route could be 1 male 1 female main protagonist, Brother and sister.

if one character is a female, no. the story would suck

if it was two males who were the lead characters, then the female a supporting character in a few missions, then sure.

"hur dur your sexist"

erm, no. you can't make a realistic story with a female character leading because that's not how the criminal world is.

you ever seen a gangster movie where the woman is running around with a tommy gun shooting people and making orders? no, because thatt's not how it is
you ever seen gang shootings involving women wielding AK47s gunning people down?
nope

i'm not sexist., it's wanting a good story for the next GTA and a female lead can't achieve that.

Having a female won't make the story good?

evskX2p.gif

People these days.

• Like 3

Pg7Txhi.gif

^ That is possibly the best gif in the history of the universe

• Like 3

justinlynch3

I heard GTA 6 might feature hot sexy female lead character along with other male lead, which I feel is a very cool idea. If the hotness and sexiness is combined with adventure and thrill that will certainly take GTA series to a new level.

No advertising

What do you think about it? :santa::panic:

If the game revolves around 1 character, I can't see how that character could work out.

But if it has 2 or 3 main leads like GTA5 has, I'd be interested if at least 1 was a female.

I kinda hope Trevor returns. I know he got all kinds of money but really, does anybody see him managing a budget? Or even wanting to stay in Los Santos for to long?

American-criminal-Bonnie-Parker.jpg

Her partner's name was Clyde Barrow...

• Like 4

zimbabweboy

Hopefully not, I don't want every f*cking forum and site I go to to be filled with pixel tits spam from 14y old horny teenagers. When I see how some kids already dress their female character in GTA Online, I can only facepalm. I'll pass this one.

Also like someone else pointed out: it might be hard to make a female character that fills the role of a GTA protagonist.

yeah im with you there...female character nope...women are awesome...for other games ..not gta. Also almost 90percent gta players are dudes..I doubt it would be a wise choice as mostwouldnt want to roleplay as a girl..no mater how harrd she is made.

zimbabweboy

And to those who want female character soo bad...yall want to to play dressup..go for high eels shopping? Go to male strip clubs ...and put some lipstick on your character....? I think we have a lot more barbie doll fantasies than I thot

And to those who want female character soo bad...yall want to to play dressup..go for high eels shopping? Go to male strip clubs ...and put some lipstick on your character....? I think we have a lot more barbie doll fantasies than I thot

I think people like you have brain damage. Most straight males don't play female characters in order live out a cross dressing fantasy. Infact they spend most of their time staring at their asses and end being over protective of that ass.

I played many games with female leads.. Never felt like wanting to 'be' her. Maybe you have some sort of cross dressing fantasy fetish locked deep inside you thats just begging to come out.. Maybe playing a female character might release your inner freak and you're just scared?

Me.. I like hot bitches kickin' ass. Bottom line.. Wether its TV Movies or video games.

• Like 5

Not A Nice Person

Tomb Raider arguably has a 90% male gamer ratio, And they have Lara Croft.

Playing as a female character doesn't make you gay, That logic is so keen to closeted males.

• Like 3

Pg7Txhi.gif

RoyalRedXIII

I think people like you have brain damage. Most straight males don't play female characters in order live out a cross dressing fantasy. Infact they spend most of their time staring at their asses and end being over protective of that ass.

Lol staring at the virtual ass alludes to fantasizing, which is just a psychotic and/or twisted as having a desire to cross dress, so please don't use such silly reasons to justify playing a female character -.-

Lol so i guess by that guys logic it's not okay to play tombraider, cause that secretly means you wanna wear pigtails and booty shorts? Or that you can't use Cammy in street fighter cause that means you secretly want to have relations with another man?

Yo GTF outta here with that weak minded nonsense. Some of us are mature enough to appreciate good character development and a good story regardless of if being male or female. If anything, ONLY wanting male protagonists would seem like the suspect thing to me...

Edited by RoyalRedXIII

RoyalRedXIII

GTA 6 Kitchen? lolno

I was gonna comment on how ignorant this was.... But I can't even lie, this was funny.

xzibit-happy.jpg

Infact, I prolly Lol'ed at this more than I shoulda.

Edited by RoyalRedXIII

We Are Ninja

ACTUALLY, you came up with that list of fantasies all by yourself... That says a lot more about you than it does any guy that has a female character.

Commander S

Here's one for all the folk who reckon that 'the protagonist's masculinity is vital to the feel of GTA games', or 'female characters just aren't as deep or interesting as male characters', or 'it's impossible to write a good, interesting GTA story with a female lead', or 'there's something intrinsically male about career criminals', or whatever:

Claude-GTA3.png

(...I'll just leave this here without context for now, see if anyone gets the point :whistle: )

• Like 4

RoyalRedXIII

Here's one for all the folk who reckon that 'the protagonist's masculinity is vital to the feel of GTA games', or 'female characters just aren't as deep or interesting as male characters', or 'it's impossible to write a good, interesting GTA story with a female lead', or 'there's something intrinsically male about career criminals', or whatever:Claude-GTA3.png

(...I'll just leave this here without context for now, see if anyone gets the point :whistle: )

Oh, that guy...

Does he secretly want to be a woman too?

Yep, INFACT, I think that's it.

nekkidhillbilly

women are evil sneaky creatures that can control anything and do for personal gain. so i dont see how one isnt idea for a career criminal.

• Like 1

Being a badass male is more ideal than being a female badass.

If you don't agree, find me a female equivalent of Denzel Washington. None-existent.

In some cases females just shouldn't be used like in other situations where men shouldn't be used. Never going to happen.

Here's one for all the folk who reckon that 'the protagonist's masculinity is vital to the feel of GTA games', or 'female characters just aren't as deep or interesting as male characters', or 'it's impossible to write a good, interesting GTA story with a female lead', or 'there's something intrinsically male about career criminals', or whatever:

Claude-GTA3.png

One of the best posts I read on this forum was suggesting he may return as a contact in Online, and just imagine the phone calls between him and our online characters...

",,,"

",,,"

"..!"

"..?"

*Click*