Will Female Lead Character In GTA 6 Is Good Idea?

imabhisheksaini

TeammateHelper

Ellie_Bow_Winter.jpg

Bad example. She's like, the Victor Sullivan of that game.

First of all, what's wrong with Sully?

And second, no it's not a bad example. She is the main character in the game. And if you haven't played Left behind then you don't know what I'm talking about.

Sully is straight-up useless. He's like Jeff, except Jeff was bad enough to merit a shot to the head, lol.

DLC obviously doesn't count, unless UC3 DLC means that Lazarevic is in fact a main protagonist.

GraniteDevil

I do not believe for a second that R* has any idea how to write an actual, real, leading female character.

• Like 1

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes? Just because it seems like the right thing to say not because I think it would work.

Long story short:

No, i would not like to play as a whore. If you like to play as a woman, go play with dolls or dress like one. Not everyone likes to pretend they are a female in games.

We need some good buff male characters in GTA, who theft auto's instead of Grand Onrail Bank Robbery.

Paul+Walker+-+The+Wicker+Man_b035e1_4909

• Like 2

Here's a thought...

Saint's Row allowed you to make the main character a male or female. Granted, the supporting cast only referred to them as "Boss" or the like but, with the power of the PS4 and Xbox One, perhaps they could give players that option and still have the dialogue work accordingly.

Yeah, sure, the "power" of the consoles makes a game company want to be less lazy and make two sets of dialogue instead of one

facepalm-statue.png

• Like 3

Here's a thought...

Saint's Row allowed you to make the main character a male or female. Granted, the supporting cast only referred to them as "Boss" or the like but, with the power of the PS4 and Xbox One, perhaps they could give players that option and still have the dialogue work accordingly.

Yeah, sure, the "power" of the consoles makes a game company want to be less lazy and make two sets of dialogue instead of one

LMAO.

• Like 1

Misunderstood

I think a three character method could work better (if done 1000 times better than it was done in V) with two males and a female.

Long story short:

No, i would not like to play as a whore. If you like to play as a woman, go play with dolls or dress like one. Not everyone likes to pretend they are a female in games.

We need some good buff male characters in GTA, who theft auto's instead of Grand Onrail Bank Robbery.

Who said anything about "whores"? Issues much?

ninjaontour

Long story short:

Paul+Walker+-+The+Wicker+Man_b035e1_4909

Best. Post. EVAR.

Grand Onrail Bank Robbery had me in stitches, man.

OT: No thanks, no female protags in GTA. As a member of the largest section of GTA's demographic, I feel a female protagonist would not accurately represent me and my kin.

• Like 2

Bill_Assassin

Wouldn't work. GTA is already such a male-centristic game that making the lead a female would take away a lot from the experience. What are you going to do about hookers, the sutle men jokes, et cetera? Would R* make it realistic by having the lead be sexually assaulted and have all the feminists aim their fury at them or totally water down her story and make a below-par game?

Secondly, a female protaganist will be heavily objectified given the state of our society today. Don't expect the female lead to be not-beautiful and without massive breasts which she displays in provocative clothing. Atleast in GTA V we had some pretty ordinary guys as the leads who people could relate to and their actions were at teh forefront, not their bodies.

Have a core supporting character be of the fairer sex but a lead wouldn't work. Some games just work for one gender, no shame in admitting that.

Long story short:

How do you think the lead is going to look?

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes? Just because it seems like the right thing to say not because I think it would work.

Sad.

People who say it wouldn't work are either close minded OR tooo sober.

Everything works if done the right way. Simple as that really.. Id love a female lead in GTA.. Why not? You guys chicken or something?

Edited by Vooodu

I think the idea is right to have 2/3 characters like V but make 1 a female, would give balance and a different angle on the story line

And people saying that she needs to be whore. Maybe she can be the whore who doesn't take that sh*t anymore.

Beating the sh*t out every greedy ass GTA MALE character that gets in her way and taking whats hers.

That sounds like fun...lol

Long story short:

his brother

elliot_rodger_640.jpg

OT: I really wouldnt mind, its just a game people.. its still crazy how we feel uneasy playing as something different. If it were to happen i would just want to see how R* would execute it. R* should probably make a new IP with a female character as the protagonist

iVoltScopez V2

Would certainly be a nice twist on how the previous games have played. Not to mention, who said girls can't kick some serious ass too?

RoyalRedXIII

It'd be cool if that happened, just only if they didn't make her a full blown slut -.- and I'm sure rockstar has the sensibilities to pull it off, as far as just creating people goes, seeing as how in GTAV they managed to make 3 lovable characters who's personalities and character makeup seemed very believable. They gave them some substance without playing TOO heavily on certain stereotypes.

A strong female character with some dignity is easily doable. It's only a matter of if game creators could quell any perverted tendencies one might be susceptible to, long enough to pull it off. *cough, cough* dead or alive *cough* bloodrayne *cough*

I mean look, even with Lara croft, things got so bad with that, that they reintroduced her character in the last game to give her a fresh start. Objectifying a female lead is an easy trap to fall into, but it can be avoided.

RoyalRedXIII

Wouldn't work. GTA is already such a male-centristic game that making the lead a female would take away a lot from the experience. What are you going to do about hookers, the sutle men jokes, et cetera? Would R* make it realistic by having the lead be sexually assaulted and have all the feminists aim their fury at them or totally water down her story and make a below-par game?

Secondly, a female protaganist will be heavily objectified given the state of our society today. Don't expect the female lead to be not-beautiful and without massive breasts which she displays in provocative clothing. Atleast in GTA V we had some pretty ordinary guys as the leads who people could relate to and their actions were at teh forefront, not their bodies.

Have a core supporting character be of the fairer sex but a lead wouldn't work. Some games just work for one gender, no shame in admitting that.

Lol, rockstar has never been one to water ANYTHING down, so all they would do is what they already been doing; putting real s*** in their games.

Woman face discrimination and objectification all the time in IRL, so why not make a character who goes thru the same thing? As far as sexual assault or harassment goes, I don't remember a single lead in ANY GTA game who WASNT a badass that would beat a guys face in for no reason; so occurrences like that would just serve as a motive.

And it's not THAT hard to make a female lead without objectifying her; there are beautiful women IRL who don't walk around dressed as sluts, so it is not impossible. The game designers just have to keep their hormones in check during the process.

autobot_hotwire

Here's a thought...

facepalm-statue.png

It would be more than just dialog. The interactions would change as well. It would make the game bigger. That's why I said it could be a possibility on the newer systems.

himynameisdamien

I haven't read any of the comments but in my opinion no. I think the next step forward is creating your own character.

If that's your deal you should play Saints Row.

I have played it and it's pretty sh*tty.

I hope VI will be like Online and centered around the player, not a prefabricated character. Design your own character, and that's the one that completes the story / missions (male, female, whore, psycho, hot, ugly, whatever). Just make a couple "background" choices, and you play a certain storyline. Then you can always replay with different choices and get a different storyline. And it's always "you" in the game, missions and online. Online could be more immersive as well, like WatchDogs, perhaps not as intrusive, but more free and unexpected.

PS I can't imagine anyone thinks a female lead would "hurt sales" or be "difficult to do well." Those are your personal issues rising to the surface, not the gaming world's issues.

Edited by ZakeBudek

Commander S

For anyone who can't wrap their head around the idea of the traditional 'rags to massively over-the-top illegal riches' story with a female lead, I suggest you Google Claudia Ochoa Felix:

claudia-felix-ochoa.jpg?w=600

903036-5fcef19a-ee17-11e3-a38e-2c99985b0

Currently the head of the notorious 'Los Antrax' hit-squad used by the Sinloa cartel (nicknamed the 'Empress of Antrax') - that's her personal hot-pink AK-47 in the second photo.

Talk about life imitating art... If that's not an example of a GTA-style character made real, I don't know what is...

• Like 2

We Are Ninja

if one character is a female, no. the story would suck

if it was two males who were the lead characters, then the female a supporting character in a few missions, then sure.

"hur dur your sexist"

erm, no. you can't make a realistic story with a female character leading because that's not how the criminal world is.

you ever seen a gangster movie where the woman is running around with a tommy gun shooting people and making orders? no, because thatt's not how it is

you ever seen gang shootings involving women wielding AK47s gunning people down?

nope

i'm not sexist., it's wanting a good story for the next GTA and a female lead can't achieve that.

I don't know if you're sexist or just an idiot.

Jeezus Christ. I can't facepalm hard enough in response to that statement. Are you some sort of criminologist? Or, even better, an actual criminal? Since when has having a penis made anyone a more proficient criminal? As far as a female leads and good stories, you've prolly never played Mirror's Edge, Heavenly Sword, the latest Tomb Raider, Tenchu: Fatal Shadows, Velvet Assassin or, BAYONETTA. Seriously...

I would rather play as a male it wouldn't feel like GTA to me

Right. Because the veritable sausage-fest that we've had for the last ten games isn't getting old...

Hopefully not, I don't want every f*cking forum and site I go to to be filled with pixel tits spam from 14y old horny teenagers. When I see how some kids already dress their female character in GTA Online, I can only facepalm. I'll pass this one.

Also like someone else pointed out: it might be hard to make a female character that fills the role of a GTA protagonist.

Protagonist? GTA has always featured psychotic, anti-social anti-heroes. I'd play a game that centered around Catalina from GTAIII in a heartbeat.

I do not believe for a second that R* has any idea how to write an actual, real, leading female character.

They don't write male characters extraordinarily well. I don't see how a different set of genitals could make the process THAT much more difficult...

• Like 2

Women are tricky issue.

Many feminists are moms of the target audience and are the ones actually spending money on games, because they justify their stereotypical men image. Violent, brutal, etc. They would refuse to see a female fulfilling this role.

On other side, there are dads being afraid that their son will get too much of female side aka turn gay.

While i'm not saying that it is always the case, this is statistically most the case, as seen by the financial forecast. And the guys decide a lot.

XxX19Dude95XxX

Do i like the idea of one somewhat, but do i really want one no it can be good or i can be a train wreck, and if they try to do something like Catalina it might just end up as a Catalina 2.0, but we play as them instead so i would rather play it safe it stick with just a male lead. and as for Elizabeta i could make an agurment about her being inspired from Catalina

Edited by bikerman3

theshadowfax

A female lead character would finally be just what the series needs...to convince me to stop playing GTA and move to greener pastures. They have already dumbed down gameplay and catered excessively to the kids who shouldn't even be playing, we don't need more shifts. GTA had a great formula for a long time.

RoyalRedXIII

Women are tricky issue.

Many feminists are moms of the target audience and are the ones actually spending money on games, because they justify their stereotypical men image. Violent, brutal, etc. They would refuse to see a female fulfilling this role.

On other side, there are dads being afraid that their son will get too much of female side aka turn gay.

While i'm not saying that it is always the case, this is statistically most the case, as seen by the financial forecast. And the guys decide a lot.

Lol, I'm not sure what your getting at, but those prospects should be irrelevant. Any parent trying to be responsible who gets THAT concerned about what impact the content of a game would have on their kids, should not be buying them ANYTHING from the GRAND THEFT AUTO SERIES in the first place.

And if the "kid" is 18 and old enough to buy it himself, it doesn't matter if his parents want him to play it or not lol.

Bigmattlaflare415

For anyone who can't wrap their head around the idea of the traditional 'rags to massively over-the-top illegal riches' story with a female lead, I suggest you Google Claudia Ochoa Felix:

claudia-felix-ochoa.jpg?w=600

903036-5fcef19a-ee17-11e3-a38e-2c99985b0

Currently the head of the notorious 'Los Antrax' hit-squad used by the Sinloa cartel (nicknamed the 'Empress of Antrax') - that's her personal hot-pink AK-47 in the second photo.

Talk about life imitating art... If that's not an example of a GTA-style character made real, I don't know what is...

or Griselda Blanco she tried to kill a Kennedy lol.

• Like 1

A female lead character would finally be just what the series needs...to convince me to stop playing GTA and move to greener pastures. They have already dumbed down gameplay and catered excessively to the kids who shouldn't even be playing, we don't need more shifts. GTA had a great formula for a long time.

Dumbed down? Wow. Just wow.

• Like 1

RoyalRedXIII

Ok, let's say this were to happen; other than Catalina from GTA III who has been mentioned, is there any other female character from another game or genre of game that would serve as cool influence or model for the games protagonist, as far as APPEARANCES go?

As far as personality and character go, that's a separate conversation that can be had.

Personally, I'd have no problem if they used Chun-Li as an influence :^: