Will Female Lead Character In GTA 6 Is Good Idea?

imabhisheksaini

gizmonomono

Ellie_Bow_Winter.jpg

Bad example. She's like, the Victor Sullivan of that game.

First of all, what's wrong with Sully?

And second, no it's not a bad example. She is the main character in the game. And if you haven't played Left behind then you don't know what I'm talking about.

The problem is the T2 Sarah Connor female badass doesn't sell.

At that point it doesn't mean anything if it is a male or female. Just that they are a true bad ass, and not a faux one.

Almost any time there is a token female in a game, they are always defined by their gender. If you see a squad of marines and one is "the female" it is always obvious they are always given a backstory they can't just be an anonymous randomized gender that happens to be there.

There will always be attention drawn to the gender unless it not placed there just to get you to notice.

What would be a better choice is if they went back to the silent Fido/GTA3 style and just let us create or at least somewhat shape our characters we choose to be.

I strongly disliked the characters from the past two games. Just god awful people. This would be the same if it were to happen.

Edited by Daz
kT8ve9H.png

GTA_III_Catalina.jpg

she was the antagonist back in GTA 3. Rockstar already proved that they could make a female antagonist a decade ago, so I don't see why a female protagonist would be such a big deal.

• Like 3

autobot_hotwire

if one character is a female, no. the story would suck

if it was two males who were the lead characters, then the female a supporting character in a few missions, then sure.

"hur dur your sexist"

erm, no. you can't make a realistic story with a female character leading because that's not how the criminal world is.

you ever seen a gangster movie where the woman is running around with a tommy gun shooting people and making orders? no, because thatt's not how it is

you ever seen gang shootings involving women wielding AK47s gunning people down?

nope

i'm not sexist., it's wanting a good story for the next GTA and a female lead can't achieve that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Barker

• Like 4

gizmonomono

if one character is a female, no. the story would suck

if it was two males who were the lead characters, then the female a supporting character in a few missions, then sure.

"hur dur your sexist"

erm, no. you can't make a realistic story with a female character leading because that's not how the criminal world is.

you ever seen a gangster movie where the woman is running around with a tommy gun shooting people and making orders? no, because thatt's not how it is

you ever seen gang shootings involving women wielding AK47s gunning people down?

nope

i'm not sexist., it's wanting a good story for the next GTA and a female lead can't achieve that.

Because, if it's in a movie then it has to be true, right?

Edited by gizmonomono

I'd love to see a tough female protagonist too, but I honestly never feel female fits to be GTA protagonist, unless that female is a super tomboy lesbian who thinks she got a cock down there.

The new Lara Croft character was well written and fits the Tomb Raider feeling and atmosphere. But personally, that Lara Croft-like characteristic won't fit GTA well.

If the female protagonist is hot, lame players gonna be like jerking off the TV screen while the character's having sex with gigolo....

Edited by luisniko
  • Like 1

It'd grab my interest that's for sure. I just can't imagine any of the mains from any of the past GTA's being women though, like a female Trevor......yikes.

They pulled off a gay guy as a lead pretty darn well despite a huge portion an immature player-base. If they can pull that off I can't see why the hell they couldn't succeed with a woman.

Edited by mr toasterbutt
  • Like 3

Rocket Skates

I actually thought they were going to do this for GTA V.

Possibly in future DLC? There's that one hacker in Story Mode you can use for heists. What about her?

Paige Harris.

GTAV-PaigeHarris.jpg

BondageKitty

I wanted a female lead... Then this thread reminded me of the average gamer.

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

adamsowilliams

Yes, I'd rather like a female protagonist. However, as sad as it is, sexists wouldn't buy the game, and Rockstar obviously doesn't want to harm profits.

It's a sad reality, however it COULD work if Rockstar pulls it off correctly.

i honestly dont think there is enough people who wouldnt buy a game just because it had a female protagonist to harm R* profits. that is a ridiculous thing to say. Tomb Raider is one of the most successful game franchises ever.

• Like 2

Yes, I'd rather like a female protagonist. However, as sad as it is, sexists wouldn't buy the game, and Rockstar obviously doesn't want to harm profits.

i honestly dont think there is enough people who wouldnt buy a game just because it had a female protagonist to harm R* profits. that is a ridiculous thing to say. Tomb Raider is one of the most successful game franchises ever.

Tomb Raider could not be Tomb Raider without Lara Croft.

GTA is made upon a gameplay concept, a game style of action and liberty, not a character.

Edited by jdwarfer

adamsowilliams

GTA is made upon a gameplay concept, a game style of action and liberty, not a character.

which stops GTA being able to have a female protagonist how?

Epsilon_Program

Would rather not have a female lead character. To me it just doesn't fit into the game series.

• Like 3

I didn't say that. I just show you that your exemple is wrong.

In Tomb Raider ouy don't have a choice. It's Lara Croft or Nothing, since the begining, so players who like Tomb Raider don't give a dime about the main character being a female or not. They like Lara Croft.

GTA doesn't have the same story. Players who like it are not necessarily the same who like Tomb Raider.

In GTA we always have male characters. Change it could be a risk that R* wouldn't take.

Edited by jdwarfer

It could work with a "Families" episode pack

Playable chracters:

The tale of the Saints (Michael's family)
-Tracey

-Amanda

-Jimmy

From the set (Franklin)

-Lamar

-Denise

-Lazlow (for no apparent reason)

The downfall of TP industries

-Ron

-Trevor's Mother (lol)

-Trevor

Yeah, it'd need some major writing up to fill the plot holes, but it could work

MajorVienna

As long as it's not a cliche butch white girl, or 70s-phrase-talking black woman with afro, then it'll be good. Those happen far too often.

A trio of women would work well. There could be a section of the story that takes place in (womens) prison which hasn't really been done before, 2 of the 3 could be in prison during this part and you have to set up an escape in same way single player heists are. They could make it so you have to play chess/games against people to win stuff that you need for the escape or to bribe guards heh lol. The one not in prison would participate as the getaway driver part but also to switch to if you don't want to do the prison 'mission' parts for a while.

• Like 1

adamsowilliams

I didn't say that. I just show you that your exemple is wrong.

In Tomb Raider ouy don't have a choice. It's Lara Croft or Nothing, since the begining, so players who like Tomb Raider don't give a dime about the main character being a female or not. They like Lara Croft.

GTA doesn't have the same story. Players who like it are not necessarily the same who like Tomb Raider.

In GTA we always have male characters. Change it could be a risk that R* wouldn't take.

I still can't see your point. In which GTA have you 'had a choice' of the protagonist? If one of them gave you a female lead you wouldnt have a choice, and if wrote well people would love the character just as much as any male lead. In GTA V you play 3 different ones, switching between the 3, this makes it even easier to have a female character as you can have 2 males and a female, lending itself to the idea that most criminals are men, but there are some females, think the fast and the furious.

I mentioned Tomb Raider to show that there arent enough 'sexist' people, or people who wont play with a female character, to harm a game's marketability.

Edited by adamsowilliams
  • Like 2

tsouryavong13

I think in GTA VI, they should should have the 2 character thing, one being male, one being in female, only they don't know each other in the game. Like how Mike, Frank, and Trevor all know each other in V's plot, in IV's plot, I think both characters SHOULDN'T know each other and never meet, so they each live their own lives. And the story would either switch between characters, or when you're told, you change to that character for the next mission.

Hopefully not, I don't want every f*cking forum and site I go to to be filled with pixel tits spam from 14y old horny teenagers. When I see how some kids already dress their female character in GTA Online, I can only facepalm. I'll pass this one.

Also like someone else pointed out: it might be hard to make a female character that fills the role of a GTA protagonist.

Edited by poklane
  • Like 1

161isaiah161

I doubt I would buy gta 6 if there was a female lead not becuse I'm sexist or anything but becuse it will just be weird

Not to mention that the game will be flooded with 6 year olds demanding nude mods or something

Edited by Jeone

Good idea? Not sure, but I'm not looking forward to that happening.

948185.png

gizmonomono

Hopefully not, I don't want every f*cking forum and site I go to to be filled with pixel tits spam from 14y old horny teenagers. I'll pas.

You tried to take the high road here, but it didn't really work :)

sash2k4plus

as long as gta vi is in vice city, i wouldn't mind playing as a hot sexy female in miami

gizmonomono

I doubt I would buy gta 6 if there was a female lead not becuse I'm sexist or anything but becuse it will just be weird

Not to mention that the game will be flooded with 6 year olds demanding nude mods or something

And you know this for a fact? Years before such a game has even been made?

" erm, no. you can't make a realistic story with a female character leading because that's not how the criminal world is. "

Sorry my son, but you are well and truley wrong. Cocain queen = one the most powerful drug lords to date. Plus we have a handful or more of Female's who run crime syndicates.

To be honest, it does seem more fitting for a male, but saying that females hae never played a roll in the crime world or that they dont fit in, cmon

man thats just ignorant . All i can say is go make some connections, you will learn that messin with one these Ladies, is a quicker sentance to Death then messing with a Male crime lord

Not trying to start a " fully sick forum fight ".

Edited by Woozzy-91
  • Like 1

161isaiah161

And you know this for a fact? Years before such a game has even been made?Yes I know this as a fact

adamsowilliams

I seriously cant see why people think this wouldn't work. am i the only one thinking of a Letty Ortiz type character? hell, get Michelle Rodriguez to voice it.

• Like 4

gizmonomono

And you know this for a fact? Years before such a game has even been made?
Yes I know this as a fact

So you know that what ever game they make with a female protagonist, you would not like it? And the only reason you could come up with is that?

Hahaha, ok.

Edit:

Oh, and having The most bland character ever in a video game as your avatar says it all.

Edited by gizmonomono