Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,868 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

johnny_zoo

Dream Topic

Murdick

It's spider season and don't I know it. I've been finding the biggest spiders ever, and then having nightmares about them afterwards. I hate this. I jump out of bed at like 3am and turn the light on thinking I really saw one. Weird af. It never happens with anything else. Always damn spiders. I swear it wasn't too long ago this happened last..🤔

Edited by Murdick

Skeever

I don't know why, but I've been dreaming more lately. Despite that, I hardly remember the content of the dreams themselves for some reason, but it's usually negative things.

Last night, I had a dream that involved me sitting on a moving cart (???) and swatting at vicious dogs who were chasing me, trying to get on board. After one of the doggos managed to get in my cart and right in my face, I woke up from that dream, and couldn't get back to sleep.

I lost about four hours of sleep because of that mutt.

Excrescent

Yo. I was gonna start a whole new topic but this will do just fine. lolol

Today I had a nightmare where I beat someone up. Like for no reason, but then got falsely charged for murder.

So, it was my birthday during the time and it was dark, but here I was making my way home from lord knows where. I see this person walking in my direction, but right as we crossed paths I grabbed him and literally chokeslammed him into the dirt. (On some Kane type sh*t) I proceeded on with slapping him and I think punching him one more time. The dream now places me at a gas station for some reason, which I happened to be exiting. I came out and this cop car swung into the lot, black female officer exiting right after the car came to a halt. She arrested me almost instantly. I told her how it's my birthday when she placed me in the back seat, she only laughed about it before sarcastically saying "Happy Birthday".

The car door slammed in my face and she drove me up the road past another gas station. I spotted a cop replicating what I did to the person with another cop as we drove by and I thought to my self. "What the f*ck did I do?" Because I left this person alive. The dream jumped again, to a schoolyard setting. I then walked through the hallway to the Assistant Principal's office, upon having reached my destination I noticed exactly what was going to happen. The AP said: "Cuff him." I looked over at him and asked him why and he told me that I had killed someone and that I'm being charged with first-degree murder. I responded by telling him I have not killed anyone, choosing not to mention the fact that I beat someone up earlier. The AP abruptly responded with: "We know exactly what happened, and how you killed that man on the bed." The officer then said: "You're being charged with Murder regardless."

I think the shock from being charged with murder woke me up instantly. I wasn't sweating or anything but my heart was pounding. I must've gotten so scared just imagining myself rotting in a prison cell for the rest of my life. The nightmare was bullsh*t in a sense because it skipped 2 times and I got arrested twice. In addition, a bed was mentioned despite me beating the person up, even IF I had klled him. Where the f*ck did a bed come into the picture. It happened in a grass/dirt filled area.

Still left clueless as to why all of my "dreams" are nightmares these days, because I vaguely remember good ones happening in the past.

Edited by Excrescent

Breaking Bad

I keep having dreams that I'm back in School. Anyone else?

Like, constantly recurring dreams. I'm not sure what is triggering it, but it's like my School days but done better. In one of them, I had a girl with me who I barely spoke to in School & somehow that's the girl I remembered in my dream as a GF. How does this sh*t work? I forgot what her name was & everything, and yet could picture what she looked like exactly. Ended up tracking her down on my Facebook list (haven't been on there in years). That was really awkward, especially when I scrolled through her posts (noticed she has a child and everything). Shows how much I check Facebook. I'm glad dreams aren't public.

I just want to know why her out of everyone I could have dreamed about. She wasn't even a crush of mine to be honest, I thought she was kind of cute but we only ever exchanged Hellos & added each other because we were in some classes together. I just find it fascinating.

I also keep dreaming about hanging around with some old friends of mine outside of class, I don't speak to a few of them anymore & yet it felt like I was right there with them again. I woke up feeling like I'd been hanging around with them again.

I've been having these School related dreams for a bit now. Wonder if it's to do with me feeling very nostalgic lately & not being in the best place in my life, longing for the 'good old days'

MikeMyth

I have these experiences where I have extremely vivid dreams as soon as I fall asleep. I'm usually in whatever room I'm sleeping in, and if I'm not there initially, I always end up there. So if I'm sleeping in my room, I'll end up there, or even start there. Same goes if I'm sleeping in my living room.

Here's where it gets weird though. I start feeling really uneasy, lightheaded, and I'm dragged all about by something I can't see. Even through the air sometimes. It happened tonight, and I was seemingly pulled through a portal in my room, at the foot of my bed. Then I woke up.

It felt like something was tugging at my feet, trying to pull me in that direction, but maybe I was just half asleep.

Either way, it's really odd, and it happens consistently and specifically enough for me to understand this is an actual "thing". Like sleep paralysis, maybe?

Sanches

The best dreams are dreams where you're a character which you created. You know, the one you drawn, written, made in the game, ect. Like you can do every crazy thing your character do. But here comes the worst part. You can't see the difference between dream and reality and you actually afraid for your life and your crazy actions are restricted from here and on.

I've had such an experience one or two times. This was odd, but still cool to be your fictional creation.

I also experienced such a type of dreams, where the whole situation around is going nuts. You know, people are walking upside down, strange colors ect. And i don't know why, but you act like this is all normal. Some people say that every dream you see have it's own purpose or meaning. I wonder what such dreams could mean.

And today was an interesting case. I can even remember it. In my dream i was carrying backpack on my left shoulder. Then it started to hurt, so i put my backpack on the right shoulder. Some time later i've woken up and realised the same pain in my shoulder (it actually was more like neck-shoulder area, don't know the specific word). Turned out it was hurting because of my head position, it was tilted so much, i wonder how i didn't end up breaking my neck or something.

Edited by Sanches

AlbanyEsperanto

I dreamed i killed NoughtPointFourLive, MrBossFTW, LipsyJimmy and MadSpark in one session...

When i wake up i throught it was a real... :lol:

Lucius M. Galloway

Edited by Lucius M. Galloway

BLΛƆKPIИK

my last night's dream was me at a blackpink concert. I was in the seating area, p high up and then the nose bleeds collapsed on everyone. It was like what happened at hillsborough in 89. It was f*cking scary.

this why I prefer to stand at concerts tbh.

WATER DRAGON

My dream story thread got locked, so here's mine.

This is exactly what happened in my dream maybe a couple of months back. I was walking on this trail that was in these open fields in broad day light. I was enjoying myself really, I had these perfect views of the fields and mountains not too far away. It looked like I might of been somewhere like Idaho or some place. I look over and not too far away is the one and only Lispy Jimmy and with him was JoblessGarrett. Already I was disgusted to see them anywhere near me and without wondering why they were there, I scream out "WHAT"S UP EVERYBODY IT"S MR CLICK BAIT FOR THE WIN!!!"

They both look directly at me and Lispy Jimmy gives me this real creepy smile that made me feel unconformable. He starts taking all his clothes off immediately and I get shocked by what I'm just seeing. All of a sudden after undressing completely he starts charging at me as fast as he can and I start running away in the field. I wasn't fast enough, I tried to just sprint but Lispy Jimmy catches up and and jumps on me, tackling me in the process.

I start hitting him and telling him "get the f*ck off me you stupid bitch." He doesn't listen, he's laughing the entire time and I can feel his erected penis throbbing on me and his heavy breathing on my neck. He then tries to rip my shirt and pull my pants down. I start screaming "NO MEANS NO GOD DAMMIT!!!" We're then both butt ass naked and I'm trying to crawl away with all my strength but Lispy Jimmy keeps pulling me back. I see JoblessGarrett not too far away with his hands in his pants watching the entire thing and doing nothing. Lispy Jimmy sexually assaulted me.

Edited by WATER DRAGON

MyNameHere

Some days ago I dream with my sister had a gun and shot me in the arm and she wanna kill me, but I wake up.

I can't stand with those nightmares then freaks me out when I wake up and try to dream again, but kick me in the nuts more thinking there is something around me while I dreaming.

Tony42898

I dreamt of this one song a few weeks ago that I can't get out of my head. It was a male and female duet, a guitar, a bass and piano. It was one of those "lovesongs" and I plan on bringing that dream song into reality.

Lucius M. Galloway

There are lots of times where I can't remember any of my dreams, and then I can remember brief screenshots of them.

My dream world is several of the neighborhoods I've been to, but never anywhere else in the world. When I go outside, it's always dark, and going to an exit is like leaving town, so I end up in the next place without traveling, if that makes sense.

When I come out of my residence, there's one road that leads to a dead end, and the entrance is the exit. The dead end has a bridge and a waterfall under it, and the surrounding areas is a giant swamp with sewage pipes larger than f*cking dump trucks, making it seem like we're on a little island, but we're not at the same time.

These neighborhoods are connected to my area, so it's like a map of a video game. My grandmother's neighborhood looks like its been stuck in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina forever. My brain doesn't allow my characters or villains to enter my world, so it's actual man made characters or enemies that show up from time to time. I've been chased by Jason at one point and we ended up there but I woke up before we could fight. Another time I had a dream there was a war between fruit flavored candy and chocolate, and me hating chocolate to the f*cking E, it actually made sense as to why that was what my dream was about. We had guys on our team like Starburst Man, Twizzler Man, etc, and we were fighting Crunch Bar Man, Snickers Man, etc. Etc. sh*t was crazy, and my friend said that I was crazy so yeah, says a lot about me.

This is just a small insight on what goes on up here, but what brought me here today is that I dreamt my .... Calling him a favorite is a stretch, one of my top 10 rappers finally, finally, finally, finally, finally! Dropped their highly anticipated mixtape/album, Free Crack 4. Lil Bibby is known to drop like 1 project a year, and the last time he dropped an official tape was 2015, and that's Free Crack 3. We're now in 2018, and he says FC4 is on the way, but it is clearly not, and I fear him losing all of his buzz and becoming more irrelevant than P Dice.

Anyways, from what I remember Bibby actually had a commercial on TV promoting Free Crack 4, just like Gucci did when he came back, he had his own commercial. I remember being so psyched because not only was he getting his recognition, he was going to go possibly mainstream.

Imagine the f*cking bummer it was was to wake up and realize it was all false. I really hate dreams because they create sh*t that 9/10 will not happen, and leave you with a sucky feeling, but I love them at the same time because they can put a twist on your everyday life.

My dreams allow me to be different people, live in different stories, timelines, whatever, in no way do I just have a generic dream like most. Wish there was a way to record and I could just pick the parts and make sense out of them.

universetwisters
Posted (edited)

There are lots of times where I can't remember any of my dreams, and then I can remember brief screenshots of them.

My dream world is several of the neighborhoods I've been to, but never anywhere else in the world. When I go outside, it's always dark, and going to an exit is like leaving town, so I end up in the next place without traveling, if that makes sense.

When I come out of my residence, there's one road that leads to a dead end, and the entrance is the exit. The dead end has a bridge and a waterfall under it, and the surrounding areas is a giant swamp with sewage pipes larger than f*cking dump trucks, making it seem like we're on a little island, but we're not at the same time.

These neighborhoods are connected to my area, so it's like a map of a video game. My grandmother's neighborhood looks like its been stuck in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina forever. My brain doesn't allow my characters or villains to enter my world, so it's actual man made characters or enemies that show up from time to time. I've been chased by Jason at one point and we ended up there but I woke up before we could fight. Another time I had a dream there was a war between fruit flavored candy and chocolate, and me hating chocolate to the f*cking E, it actually made sense as to why that was what my dream was about. We had guys on our team like Starburst Man, Twizzler Man, etc, and we were fighting Crunch Bar Man, Snickers Man, etc. Etc. sh*t was crazy, and my friend said that I was crazy so yeah, says a lot about me.

This is just a small insight on what goes on up here, but what brought me here today is that I dreamt my .... Calling him a favorite is a stretch, one of my top 10 rappers finally, finally, finally, finally, finally! Dropped their highly anticipated mixtape/album, Free Crack 4. Lil Bibby is known to drop like 1 project a year, and the last time he dropped an official tape was 2015, and that's Free Crack 3. We're now in 2018, and he says FC4 is on the way, but it is clearly not, and I fear him losing all of his buzz and becoming more irrelevant than P Dice.

Anyways, from what I remember Bibby actually had a commercial on TV promoting Free Crack 4, just like Gucci did when he came back, he had his own commercial. I remember being so psyched because not only was he getting his recognition, he was going to go possibly mainstream.

Imagine the f*cking bummer it was was to wake up and realize it was all false. I really hate dreams because they create sh*t that 9/10 will not happen, and leave you with a sucky feeling, but I love them at the same time because they can put a twist on your everyday life.

My dreams allow me to be different people, live in different stories, timelines, whatever, in no way do I just have a generic dream like most. Wish there was a way to record and I could just pick the parts and make sense out of them.

I had a dream where you finally owned up to abusing animals and turned yourself in. It was a good dream!?!?!? Then me and David Soul went out for ice cream

Edited by universetwisters

swager65

I had a nightmare where i was a school shooter and killed alot of people. Right when i about to kill myself i woke up, sad and feeling like i am the most sh*ttiest person in the world

Mister Pink

I had this mad dream last night that I went to see some lecture by some self-help guy. I got drunk and passed out in the front row. When I awoke, everyone was gone except some guy who presumably was my mate but he didn't have a recognizable face. A few hours later, soberer and more shameful, I spotted the self-help guy on the street talking to someone else. As I passed by him, he just looked at me with a shameful glare. I cringed a little.

To put some context on my dream, I barely drink much these days but was away at the weekend and had a drink and was feeling "never again"ish after it. I guess it's related to that.

A n d r a

Hi there! I'm new here.

GTA_CAT
3 hours ago, A n d r a said:

Hi there! I'm new here.

Hi

Today I have had more than 1 dream but the last one is the only one I barely remember but it's not all clear.

I just remeber myself and a classmate I had 3 years ago running after breaking into an office or something but not bringing any weps or money bags. I lead him to a escaping way down to a downstairs. I have the sensation I already had this dream another day because I magically know how to escape and all details as if it wasn't the first time. I have to pass over a narrow ventilation conduct as I did in the alledgely first time I had the dream but I have grown up and cannot pass anymore and then an alarm goes off and I freak because I can't do it but then it turns out I am into a kind of a warehouse or a factory and I start to running between shelves to the opposite side of the building to open a furling door pressing a button but I have that sensation I can't run properly and I go slowly. Also a wrench or another tool suddenly appears on my right hand. Then, after opening the door, I see my friend opening another one too from when I started running, next to the vent conduct and I decide to come back with him. We briefly run away between some buildings and closed places, completely different to the first dream, till we see we are blocked and surrounded by the police, but we still have a small chance to avoid. We both finally surrender and we are arrested. A woman police officer clears the blood of an injury I apparently see in my elbow. After that I have a memory lapse of the dream and I can't explain what happens but at the end I'm swimming into a dam or a river with lots of people having reminiscences of the escape. There are more weird and silly details but I could write my own book and this post is getting long enough.

Have you ever had this sensation of having dreamed something you alreay did?

Can somebody explain me what the f*ck this mental mayhem means?

Thank you if you have red the whole damn story.

ghost of delete key

Dreams are weird... who even knows what they are or why?

also, do they "decay" with age?

It seems nowadays, all I have are nightmares... vivid, disturbing nightmares every single time I close my eyes.

Recently...

had this terrible dream where my cousin had my best friend's kid head in a mason jar... she sheepishly admitted "maybe it's time to let him go"- he appeared as I knew him at 10 years old, head crammed in a jar, blood on his brow, silent, but blinking, looking for release... WTF? This left me totally f*cked up for at least two days afterwards.

Had this other one, where I had this body in a sleeping bag... it was my little brother (though I'm an only child IRL).... it was in an abandoned building, or some derelict apartment, and I was fretting about what to do with this, wondering maybe if I waited, he'd wake up? But I knew he was dead and decomposing, though nobody there seemed to notice, and since I was moving, how do I deal with it? I can't move a corpse, and how do I dispose of it? surely someone would figure it out and I'd be screwed...

this other one, was leaving my house, and had to go around this rock wall, and the wall was rife with horrible crustacean-like bugs and critters; crabs with scary spikes and sharp claws.... upon rounding the wall, came across a well-house with the door ajar. Inside, was a freak of nature, what I assumed to be a girl, but formed like those terrible crab-bugs; with pleading eyes, it was trying to speak, but only silently moved its jagged calcified jaw in a horrific display... WTFx2?!

Dunno why I dropped these on y'all, but it feels a bit better purging these from my psyche, thanks unsuspecting folks :)

Lucy_Woooolfe
Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:33 AM, ghost of delete key said:

Dreams are weird... who even knows what they are or why?

also, do they "decay" with age?

Weird, indeed. Ultimately, only you have the key to interpret meaning into your dreams, for, wherever they may come from, what you experience in the end are stories assembled from memories and symbols stored in your mind palace. So you are right that no one knows what dreams are or why they happen - at least no one but you can really tell what dreams are to you.

Mind, I'm not saying dreams are accurate visions, things that have happened or are about to happen (although those exist, too), nor that maybe we go somewhere else (although…), but I think dreams are a communication between your subconscious mind and, say, your every-day mind, about things that want to be brought to your attention, for whatever reason, something you want to think about, and are probably not dealing with sufficiently during day-time. Writing them down is a good start.

To answer the question, I'm pretty sure dreams do not "decay" with age. Maybe your dreamspace gets more crowded, because with age more (unresolved?) issues keep piling up in your head? There is also this modern notion to discard dreams as being "just dreams". As children we take our dreams far more serious.

I had a problematic childhood, and for years back then I kept dreaming, every single night, a whirlwind of every classic "chased-by-monsters" theme available on the market of nightmares. You would laugh how commonplace horror-esque generica they were. But they felt real to me. Then, call it luck, or a special twist, whatever, I started getting control over my dreams, chasing things away, communicating/interacting with other elements, find out what symbol had which meaning for me in the respective dream's context. I often read there are certain techniques that you can learn to more consciously access your dreams, but I myself don't know about those. All I can assure, and I'm not telling anything new here I know, is that there is very definitely something "down there" that you can interact with, you have to take my word for that. So with age, my dreams have become more coherent, more complex - even if not simpler to understand, and I've never stopped taking my dreams serious, from palaces floating in the sky, all down to the original monster still peeping up and waiting to be dealt with, or even the outright silly ones, of furry little yellow crocodiles floating through the air … nevermind.

All I'm saying is, embrace that "mental mayhem", there is a lecture to learn, since the way you deal with your dreams might determine how you experience things in that other place, day-time wise.

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

Short Stay

I had one of those classic dreams this morning, the kind where you have stuff to do and places to go but somehow you face a series of obstacles.  In this case I was in a small town and had an evening wedding reception to go to and all I had to do was to go home and change my clothes. Of course I somehow couldn't find my house and wandered around, asking people where I was till someone directed me down a street full of little shops till I came to a store at the end that I had to stoop to enter.  It got smaller and smaller as I went to the back until I was practically on all fours.  And then I woke up.

ghost of delete key
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Short Stay said:

I had one of those classic dreams this morning, the kind where you have stuff to do and places to go but somehow you face a series of obstacles

I've been plagued with those all my life. You attempt a simple task, and the more you proceed, the further you get from it.

Recently: I had to get to work,  but traveling took me the wrong way. I knew I was going to be late, but there was hope if I could catch a bus. The problem was, I had to travel to the stop. To get there, I had to navigate a footbridge... Looking at it, I realized the planks were made of freakin' CORN ON THE COB. Someone sitting near the entrance said something to the effect of, "careful, we don't want the terrorists to win" (WT actual F?) so I bounded along the bridge easily, catching a bus... only it was going the wrong direction, something I hadn't noticed until I saw what town we were in. I got off, and realized there wasn't enough time to run all the way back to a stop to catch a bus back the other way, when someone offered me a ride to work... then I woke up >.<

GAWD, I hate those!

@Lucy_Woooolfe:

Yeah, interesting take on the dreamspace becoming "more crowded"... but funny how there's a continuity in the format and substance in spite of that.

By 'decay" I guess I mean the lapse of kinds of dreaming... I used to have frequent flying dreams, or dreams rooted in places i used to be, now it's unfamiliar "territory" and themes, almost always very dark in nature.

Edited by ghost of delete key
extra quote

Lucy_Woooolfe
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ghost of delete key said:

Yeah, interesting take on the dreamspace becoming "more crowded"... but funny how there's a continuity in the format and substance in spite of that.

By 'decay" I guess I mean the lapse of kinds of dreaming... I used to have frequent flying dreams, or dreams rooted in places i used to be, now it's unfamiliar "territory" and themes, almost always very dark in nature.

I like to offer another basic theory on this one, if I may: Your sub-conscious mind develops a kind of "sense" as to what motives catch your attention better, increase your chance of remembering. So while the content gets more complex, certain elements of presentation become more "streamlined" over time. In this light I agree: dreams, or at least the part sticking in our memories (you always dream far more stuff than you remember after waking up), can "decay" in variety after all.

To counter, if you really want to access different themes, try to deliberately shift your "daylight" perceptions for a while, to break up your dream's "marketing strategy". Try simple things: Walk another route to work, watch some TV program you usually don't watch, or read a book of a genre unfamiliar to you.

As to the flying bit, sadly so many people are losing that (because so many things in everyday life remind us that we can't do that, that life literally and proverbially should be about "staying firmly on the ground", staying reasonable, until we truly start believing we are "just ordinary" beings?).

Flying always has a strong angle of spirituality and freedom of mind, but carries also fears and anxieties (flying too high, falling down). You still do that, I bet, you just don't remember.

By the way, corn on the cob? That bridge looks pretty yellow-brick-road to me 😉

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

Short Stay

Here's a dream I had years ago but still sticks in my mind.

I was in a large town in the southern USA, on the coast.  It was full of the usual large clapperboard houses, with lots of vegetation and sloping down to the sea. I was just wandering around through the streets and the back lanes of the streets (there was probably some point to my wanderings but I forget now).  Suddenly the sky darkened and these huge tornadoes began appearing and everyone started rushing around screaming and whatnot. There was even a waterspout down over the sea.  Then I woke up and thought about the dream.  I realised that the tornadoes were my snoring and that I'd just snored myself awake.

So much for the deep subconscious meaning of dreams.

Tigereyesxx

Recurring dreams of being out in public without my trousers or underwear, also not being able to find a clean toilet to use or one with a door on it...