What do you think about the police in comparison with other games?

Thekillergreece

Thekillergreece

Sorry if this has already been posted or on incorrect section.

Usually, my first priority to test on any gta-style open world games is the Police since they are the main factors making the game realistic and fair, second being gameplay for me.

Police A.I in GTA V has looooong been rumoured and expected to be improved and realistic from players. Rumours were such Police chasing and arrest players for traffic violations such system would make Police realistic, having riot shield, "Wanted by the police"(Similar of Mafia II I guess) and so on. All these were either fake or Rockstar removed them for no reason. Some screenshots of police arresting gangsters made some expectations to players about LSPD but turned out to be fake, removed content.

I expected many things from the new Police A.I such us "wanted by the police", arrest players for minor traffics etc. I tried them, tried to speed front of police sight, nothing. At beggining I thought they were sleepyhead or not but nope. The system was removed, making them simplistic and unrealistic to the game.

Good culture for LSPD, reminding us how LAPD is but meh, they are simplistic with a lot A.I behavior/reaction lacking. Rockstar Games requested Mafia 2 Developers to help them because Mafia II had excellent cutscenes and general gameplay that Rockstar Games wanted them to develop GTA V together. I also expected the mafia 2 developers to create Police A.I similar to Mafia 2 but nope. A few things were added: Stay at crime scene and protect it while paramedics revive dead persons etc.

LSPD has no sense of intelligence, they are just scripted to do this and to do that.

Their rarely appearance making me feel when I see them: "Wow, LSPD? They look cool", they look at me, open sirens and shoot me without reason. Unlikely, in GTA IV, cops in GTA V dont talk too much, no humour from them like "Hurry up, let's finish it, I am hungry" - LCPD fat cop and so on. They just draw their guns and shoot at me like there is no tomorrow.

Let me compare the LSPD to other gta-style games. Let's start with the first-most-awarded best Police A.I, Mafia II. LSPD better than EBPD(Empire Bay Police Department - Mafia II)? I dont think so. EBPD tickets the player for minor offenses at most times. They are even friendly and do not arrest me when I fist fight fist. They arrest when I pull gun in the open, car theft and so on. Shoot me if I killed someone, simple.

In LSPD: Fist to fist fight = Kill, Car Theft = Arrest but mostly kill, Push the officer = Kill, Look at them = Arrest or Kill.

Let's compare with CPD(Watch Dogs): Nah, they are as stupid as LSPD. But more dangerous than LSPD, leave it.

What else to compare? Nothing.

What I only like on LSPD is,

Great equipment

Females

What I dont like on LSPD is,

Has nothing to do with LSPD(3rd ERA) or with...other GTA series

Cops are scripted

They have no sense of intelligence or reaction

They never arrest

They dont care

Amnesia Monsters. Look at them, get shot dead.

They dissapear right after you dont look at them

They are completely buggy, if you dont look at them on street, they get dissapeared. You evaded them, they are looking for, they go at your place and pretend they dont see you.

So... What do you think? A "masterpiece" for lie a game hits the stores with a lot buggy and nerfed systems from epic GTA IV..

• Like 2

The police are mental. If you just look at them they try to kill you. If you annoy a hipster they can call the police, if you meet the police they will try to kill you. If they see you escaping it escalates to two stars. All this just for looking at someone? The police in certain situations are ridiculous.

• Like 2

Lock n' Stock

F*cking psychopaths, way overpowered as well. Punch a cop in the face? 3-star wanted level with helicopters and cars pursuing you. Real cops don't act this extreme. I do like how they improved their intelligence and methods, but that's about it.

Edited by xXGst0395Xx
  • Like 5

Well I don't like it the police climb ladders to try and find you. Particularly if they've not seen you go up there. Would real police do that? Not unless it was a really serious crime.

The police AI in V is sh*t. The police are wizards, I mean.

• Like 2

jq4H5bk.png

Geralt of Rivia

Way better than any other GTA game, buy they have their problems.

Edited by TheMasterfocker

turbocharger

Amnesia Monsters. Look at them, get shot dead.

I like this. In fact, I was just replaying A Machine for Pigs. It's equally terrifying, disturbing, haunting and unnerving as on 10th September last year.

I agree with xXGst0395Xx, his post sums it up pretty much.

• Like 1

i used to hate them but i've got good at escaping them now i know a few tricks. so it's cool.

I agree with everyone else. They're trigger happy. I've learned to escape them and I have become very good at doing so. Their intelligence has improved but their conscious hasn't.

matajuegos01

Too accurate and have rubberbanding. Me not like.

#KeepLeviBanned

#RestInPeaceXYN

#IchLiebeDichBitch

#FarewellUGotSmokedWeWon'tMissYou

#GoodbyeDan30CalSeeYouInHell

I seem to be one of the few people that doesn't have a problem looking at the police and getting killed, or even having them called on me for following peds/loitering. Been playing since release and the police have only gone on the rampage with me after I did something to initiate it.

OT: I think this is probably the best police system we've had in a GTA, sure it is buggy and overpowered most of the time, but I prefer this over all the old systems. Also OP, I remember reading about the traffic violations and riot shields and I'm pretty sure that the site that had that information fabricated a lot of other features as well. When the May reviews came out there were tons of sites releasing "exclusive information" just to get more site traffic.

Harwood Butch3r

I like the concept of actually having to hide, but it makes it kind of pointless when they're pretty much terminators with physcic abilities.

• Like 2

Che Guevara_187

i miss the way IV cops would arrest people , V cops are f*cking NUTS they're all like robo cop

All things considered, the Police AI is superior than the past GTA's, but there are still few ways in which they can be improved.

I'd like to stay out of making any sort of comparisons, on the basis of the GTA gaming its good and with the upgraded AI, one could only expect to become better!

No complains here at all.

RominOctane

V cops are probably the worst in most current open world games.

-They are far too accurate(they can shoot you with 100% accuracy from miles away, even in a f*cking speeding super car)

-They rubber band and are scripted to catch up to any car you are driving no matter what it is

-they started shooting at two freaking stars. Wtf even real life cops have to have a very very solid reason for having to result to shooting a criminal no matter what.(if you don't believe me look at videos and articles of incidents where the criminal was shot or killed)

-you can be out of sight for the longest but as soon as a cop gets to the vicinity, he walks directly to where you are hiding, no matter what

-getting want for literally simply standing still. I can't leave my game without coming back to find the protagonist killed or arrested

Don't even get me started on the f*cking super mutants that hand off the SUVs. Once they are next to you you're pretty much dead. They also manage to hang on even after the car has flipped over multiple times.

I could go on but Vs police system is absolutely terrible, poorly coded. IV definitely did it better. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't the pile of sh*t that is GTAV.

• Like 2

Geralt of Rivia

-they started shooting at two freaking stars. Wtf even real life cops have to have a very very solid reason for having to result to shooting a criminal no matter what.(if you don't believe me look at videos and articles of incidents where the criminal was shot or killed)

-you can be out of sight for the longest but as soon as a cop gets to the vicinity, he walks directly to where you are hiding, no matter what

1) Hasn't this been in most GTA's? I know for a fact it was like this in IV.

2) Not every time. It does happen, but definitely not every time.

Delta India Echo

These f*cking cops are literal overkill, I agree with gst, them being more accurate is a good thing, but they just had to overdo it with the 'Getting Wanted' requirements.

Also, the police chases are utter sh*t in the sense of them actually matching our vehicle's speed via scripts and automatically making our vehicles swerve right (always f*cking right, is M/T/F/GTAO Char retarded?).

efe4a6b167.png

I like the concept of actually having to hide, but it makes it kind of pointless when they're pretty much terminators with physcic abilities.

This is my number 1 problem. If I jack a vehicle that is not reported stolen, and my icon is gray, the cops should NOT know my location if I drive a mile or two away from the original crime scene. The police AI should have a "last known location" programming code that tells them to look for the player there, and then branch out.

No, instead what we get is exactly as you described, psychic terminators who will teleport to your exact location, even though they have no idea what car you're in and what direction you headed, and they will stop right outside the place you're hiding and find you. I'm sorry but this is major bullsh*t and needs to be fixed.

If my proposed "last known location" system was implemented, the police AI in GTA V would be perfect as far as evading them is concerned.

The other major problem I have with them is their aggression. I have never been arrested, not even once. Any time I got a wanted star, the ultimate outcome was either me evading them (only possible if I NEVER escalate beyond 3 stars) or I DIE. This needs to change.

On the topic of aggression, why the f*ck does my wanted level automatically escalate to 2 stars if I run from the cops? In reality, if you have shown no hostility, and have no weapons, they shouldn't automatically engage you with lethal force. You should stay at 1 star and force them to chase you down on foot. Foot chases are completely impossible in GTA V because in a matter of 10 seconds of non-hostile behavior, your 1 star wanted level WILL get bumped to a 2 star and they will fire on you with intent to kill. F*cking retarded.

Lastly where the f*ck is the 6th star? Where are the military? They have ALL the content they need sitting right there at the military base, and yet they never get sent out. My guess? The major DLC expansion is what's holding the 6th star hostage, along with the military including "new" vehicles like the Hunter and Hydra.

All in all, a cluster f*ck that needs a lot of work. Praying modders can fix what Rockstar broke.

• Like 1

CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz 1.24v CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Push/Pull GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4 RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200W Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB

Thekillergreece

@Darkleader

Funny thing, they removed the 6th star because cops are already dangerous even at 4 stars...

DaveGrimes96

what I miss most about the police is the original police cruiser and maverick, and the police buffalo should spawn in traffic like a normal police car

Not fun at all, Not even realistic either.

The cops are Hyper smart, Telepathic and get retarded speed boosts to catch up and ram you off the road, Not like getting rammed is controllable anyways, The game LITERALLY turns the wheels for you to "simulate" losing control, when in reality, This prevents any level of skill to counteract the Ram.

This is a MIGHTY step down from GTA IV, and here I was excited for the New Cop AI, It really is the worst in the series.

I do my best to make up excuses for faults in this game, But the Police AI is not one I can, Retardedly excited for mods on PC, Maybe then i can enjoy the game with Proper, Fair AI, rather than Hyper bullsh*t.

• Like 1

Racecarlock

Traffic laws? In this game? What kind of f*cking crazy stupid pills are you on? It's bad enough they sense every crime they did in the last games but now with even more instant respawns.

The other games did have infinite armies of cops, no doubt. But they didn't spawn right in your f*cking face most of the time. This game? sh*t, even when escaping by AIRPLANE you still have to avoid police helicopters spawning in just the right way to get their line of sight on you right as you were about to lose your wanted level.

On top of that, you can now get wanted for standing near someone for too long. Whoever decided that was a good idea needs a drug intervention.

But really? People are still on about traffic laws? Why? What is the big obsession? Is getting wanted for standing near someone not enough now? You want them sensing every time I go over 60 or illegally transfer lanes or blow past a stop sign? NO! NO! NO! Never in this game or in this series. No.

Thekillergreece

@Racecarlock

Go play Saints Row IV aka childish game with no realism at all unlikely GTA V.

A poll would be nice, but whatever.

Compared to the others; I think GTA V may be the worst of them all, with the overreacting police AI it makes it one of the worst

PhillBellic

Quite frankly I felt like they were a regression in the series. Personally I preferred the way the LCPD operated. For one they would hold their fire until you fired at them. Additionally they would arrest NPC's rather then just killing them in cold blood on the street.

Cheers.

• Like 2