Why didn't rockstar add realistic bullet hole wounds?

Del boy

For a company that prides itself on realism they dropped the ball on bullet hole wounds, I mean common it was in max Payne 3 and red dead redemption. Don't give me a bullsh*t excuse like "max Payne 3 wasn't open world so they had to downgrade" bitch please rdr was open world so no excuses about that. It was just laziness, pure and simple. Rant over now.

• Like 4

TheGoodSgtScooter

Disc memory.

Console limitations.

Oh, and it is completely pointless!

• Like 1

i doubt it was laziness.
probably something much more sinister.
like Obama made them take it out and then deleted the emails. i bet only the islamic version of the game has all the best features.

man i gotta stay away from political chatboards =p

How is it console limitations and how is it pointless?

... to make sure that you buy the game again... as this was the beta version lol.. jk!!

It's all part of the plan!!!...

• Like 3

ViceCityStalker

The guy that did the bullet hole textures was actually a blind wombat named Stanley,he has since been promoted to VP of bullet hole creation.

• Like 3

Lock n' Stock

I agree without a doubt. The blood/gore in GTA V feels downgraded and cartoonish. The blood splats are blurry (like the PS2 version of Max Payne 2) and the wounds are just simple red blobs, not like gory modeled exit wounds that Max Payne 3 had, especially on the head. Hopefully the next-gen version will fix this.

Edited by xXGst0395Xx
  • Like 2

Console Limitations. Why? The game itself already has framerate dropdowns, do you think realistic bullet holes and realistic gore would make it any better?

• Like 1

Based God Cali

Console Limitations. Why? The game itself already has framerate dropdowns, do you think realistic bullet holes and realistic gore would make it any better?

I hate when people dont understand that console limitations make some things that are not a big part of the game small. Maybe when they read this, they'll understand.

i doubt it was laziness.

like Obama made them take it out and then deleted the emails. i bet only the islamic version of the game has all the best features.

I guess you don't even know the difference between islamist and muslim, brai washed thick sh*t
  • Like 1

I agree without a doubt. The blood/gore in GTA V feels downgraded and cartoonish. The blood splats are blurry (like the PS2 version of Max Payne 2) and the wounds are just simple red blobs, not like gory modeled exit wounds that Max Payne 3 had, especially on the head. Hopefully the next-gen version will fix this.

I think that is what they mean with improved damage effects on PC and current gen. I would love to have that cool gore from Max Payne 3 in GTA V.

• Like 1

Geralt of Rivia

Deciding not to put something in =/= laziness.

And R* does not pride itself on realism...

Edited by TheMasterfocker
  • Like 2

I think this is genuinely a console limitation, the consoles already have a hard time rendering and handling the game at the moment, adding in the bullets and gore from Max Payne may have tipped the FPS into the unplayable boundary.

• Like 1

Console limitations, we all know GTA V could have been 10x better than the way it was/is

• Like 2

Console limitations, we all know GTA V could have been 10x better than the way it was/is

And it will be on NG and PC.

I would rather have realistic reactions than fancy wounds.

fe: Shoot a leg...limp. RDR style ya know.

• Like 2

It takes a lot of resources to place a bullet hole with realistic blood splatter exactly where you got shot. There are noticeable wounds when you get shot and they do the job fine for 99% of players. In the end does it really effect how you play the game?

• Like 1

Main reason: They like seeing forum posts where people bitch about unimportant things in their games.

Source: Read this forum and Reddit.

• Like 1

Acetaminophen

they better add RDR style bullet wounds for next gen

I would rather have Max Payne 3 Style wounds since RDR ones where way over exaggerated.

But maybe have the RDR style for shot gun blasts, mini guns and sniper weapons.

Capricornus

I read the title as "butthole wounds" for some reason.....

Anyway this may be answered in the PS4/XB1 version.

• Like 1

caprisig.jpg

Acetaminophen

it's not needed

Most stuff in GTA V is not needed. So whats your point. It's what people want and it should have been better.

• Like 2

THE_TREVALEV

Because it's GTA. After SA, GTAs haven't really gotten decent gore. Just cherry flavored kool-aid.

ITT video game developers

Edited by THE_TREVALEV

i doubt it was laziness.

I guess you don't even know the difference between islamist and muslim, brai washed thick sh*t

do you know the difference between mordancy and sarcasm?

Edited by voyager

Spaghetti Cat

I'm just gonna go ahead and blame yoga for this.

No Image Available

Cutter De Blanc

It takes a lot of resources to place a bullet hole with realistic blood splatter exactly where you got shot. There are noticeable wounds when you get shot and they do the job fine for 99% of players. In the end does it really effect how you play the game?

Totally. I'd often deliberate on what kinda gun to use if they had different visual effects. As it stands now I just blow everything away with the Combat Machine Gun and it's pistol/sniper/SMG caliber bullets.

XxX19Dude95XxX

it's not needed

Most stuff in GTA V is not needed. So whats your point. It's what people want and it should have been better.

it's always about what other people want and there needs well acetaminophen WHAT ABOUT MY WOMANLY NEEDS :cry:

Edited by bikerman3

The guy that did the bullet hole textures was actually a blind wombat named Stanley,he has since been promoted to VP of bullet hole creation.

Possibly the best post on this forum