GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Could GTA:O pull off RDR's Posse feature?

SUPAH JD

Posse/Group/Gang feature  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would this feature come in handy?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • If done better than OP suggests, sure.

Let me state something first. I know.

"WE HAVE OFFICIAL CREWS, SO LOL NO."

I don't mean crews. I mean, like a formation in the server. We now have better icons to say which player is which. Fair enough.

One thing I liked from RDR? Was being able to hit the player list, find a player, invite him into a posse and have a quick alliance. It's not like that now. It's "invite to crew." -player accepts- -leaves session- -waits to join again- -server could fill up- -huge mess-.

I mean, I'd like it if you could send even a "gang" invite to someone. Aka, someone who's already in another crew and you could form up, aiming at them would make the gun go down or whatever and it'd be easier to tell who's on your side when you take a quick glance at your mini-map.

It would help indicate a player if you're going to help them or attack them as well. Invite them into a quick "gang" or "group", since I don't think posse wouldn't exactly fit here, they'd join, you could help them out with whatever, etc.

What do you all think? Would this also stop the mysterious not being able to tell if someone is going to roll up and shoot you or help you problem?

BondageKitty

Its pretty obvious this would be good. They just overlooked it from Red Dead Redemption. They are different developers after all.

For the uninformed

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Posse

Edited by BondageKitty

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

Its pretty obvious this would be good. They just overlooked it from Red Dead Redemption. They are different developers after all

Couldn't they ask to use it? With all the problems it could solve, and how easier things would be, it really should be done.

CarimboHanky

i have never played RDR, anyway if youre part of my posse can i "accidentally" kill you?

BondageKitty

Its pretty obvious this would be good. They just overlooked it from Red Dead Redemption. They are different developers after all

Couldn't they ask to use it? With all the problems it could solve, and how easier things would be, it really should be done. They don't need to ask. They are all a branch to one big multicompany. They probably didn't think of it or thought crews would be a fitting upgrade.

i have never played RDR, anyway if youre part of my posse can i "accidentally" kill you?

Uh, as far as I remember.. no?

Could be wrong on that.

@BondageKitty

Crews were an upgrade, sure. A great feature for some.

Still feel the posse feature was a bit simpler which came to more fluent game play and didn't require a person to leave, all that.

Edited by SideburnGuru

Supreme Gentlemen

Because Crews

Since R* implemeted Crews they abandoned the posse feature.

Also R* San Diego =/= R* North

Edited by Supreme Gentlemen

tacmike-2520.png

While I can see the benefits of this feature, you will have scumbags that misuse it to go around in groups griefing solo players.

BondageKitty

You could kill your posse mates. But usually the leader can kick from posse. Another good feature OP might be forgetting. When you are in posse, you can teleport to the leader and if the leader starts a mission everyone in the possr is forced to join.

While I can see the benefits of this feature, you will have scumbags that misuse it to go around in groups griefing solo players.

That's where players like me come in.

I play the hero. So do my two good GTA partners. Help any person out then.

You could kill your posse mates. But usually the leader can kick from posse. Another good feature OP might be forgetting. When you are in posse, you can teleport to the leader and if the leader starts a mission everyone in the possr is forced to join.

Yeah, I would hope they'd include that if they were to even bring in posses.

Only thing I wouldn't want is the forced following.

So, can you see them including it at some point?

Sugar Free Nos

You say this like people don't do this already.

• Like 2
cixJdfg.png

CarimboHanky

ok, this is nice if you have a coop mentality.

ok, this is nice if you have a coop mentality.

As of lately, you need it in Los Santos.

yeah I don't think the posse system would make it any worse.

I'd be all for it, the crew system is OK but not goof for short-term alliances, this posse system sounds like it would work great. As long as there's no forced following like RDR

Crews do it all the time. But should this 'posse' feature be implemented the ability to do the above would be much easier: there would be no need to Invite crew members, wait for them to join, oh wait the server fills up... huge mess.

Anything that would help unite players into tank divisions and patrol LS and keep it glitcher free is a great idea.

I'd like to see this feature.

Crews do it all the time. But should this 'posse' feature be implemented the ability to do the above would be much easier: there would be no need to Invite crew members, wait for them to join, oh wait the server fills up... huge mess.

Not with the right precautions.

Judicious 7

I'm not exactly sure, but it could be dope. There'd be that awesome sounding man talking to the lobby:

"A player wants you to join a posse."

"You've been asked to join a posse!"

"A player has become most wanted.." xD RDR was awesome lol

Sugar Free Nos

yeah I don't think the posse system would make it any worse.

I'd be all for it, the crew system is OK but not goof for short-term alliances, this posse system sounds like it would work great. As long as there's no forced following like RDR

If you don't want others following you, which people only "follow" the posse leader anyway, you simply leave the posse/kick members who you don't want following you. Not implementingthe feature doesn't solve the problem of having to join session after session just to find enough open slots.

If 5 friends and I want to go to a new free-mode, the game should take all of us at once and find one with enough space.

cixJdfg.png

Not with the right precautions.

Such as...?

Aim at a posse member? Gun goes down.

Or it passes through.

As for the teaming up situation? They already do that, and it's already quite bad. It could actually equal out the playing field if players had an easier way to help each other against people who are already teaming. Right now, anyone who wants to help has developed the "trust no one" mentality which could possibly be fixed with such a "posse" feature.

I'm not exactly sure, but it could be dope. There'd be that awesome sounding man talking to the lobby:

"A player wants you to join a posse."

"You've been asked to join a posse!"

"A player has become most wanted.." xD RDR was awesome lol

Agreed. Again, pretty sure it would indeed be dope.

TeammateHelper

Agreed. Crews aren't the same as temporary alliances.

Crews are friends across servers, and some dude in IGN can still have a temporary alliance with a guy from another crew.

I'd like to have an option to know who's my friend or my enemy in a server. I get that the mentality is shoot first ask later or that everyone's an enemy, but I'd rather make friends, not enemies.

Agreed. Crews aren't the same as temporary alliances.

Crews are friends across servers, and some dude in IGN can still have a temporary alliance with a guy from another crew.

I'd like to have an option to know who's my friend or my enemy in a server. I get that the mentality is shoot first ask later or that everyone's an enemy, but I'd rather make friends, not enemies.

Exactly my point.

Will probably be posting this up on R*'s Social thing, so stay tuned. This is the first idea that I really do hope they include.

My favorite part of the posse system was that you could warp to the leader. Could you warp to other members? It's been a while.

My favorite part of the posse system was that you could warp to the leader. Could you warp to other members? It's been a while.

Nah. Just the leader when you first join.

Would love to hear why people are voting no.