Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,781 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Octavio89

Things GTA IV did better than GTA V

anthony

Martin Madrazo was set up perfectly as a potential antagonist, but as we all know they f*cked it up.

Exactly, he could have been the ultimate and only antagonist, the perfect ruthless cartel boss.

Instead they made him like a pussy for Trevor, again, an another ruined character.

It's sad to me, honestly they missed something with this game imo, story and especially characters wise.

Edited by anthony

Neon_Dreaming

Martin Madrazo was set up perfectly as a potential antagonist, but as we all know they f*cked it up.

He started off strong when threatening Michael but quickly became a joke. Like hes a big deal, a major crime figure with a whole gang to watch his back, but he is still scared of Trevor, he's scary sure but Trevors one guy. After Patricia was returned Trevor should have been mincemeat. Edited by Neon_Dreaming

Claude_Lib

He's ruthless and threatening, sure, but he wouldn't do a good antagonist. Remember why he got tied into the story in the first place. Wouldn't you want to break a bone or two of the guy who got your house pulled down the hill? He's a good character and his attitude towards the trio is fully understandable. The game would be so much better if Martin was the protag, I think.

anthony

He should have even killed Michael for what he did, theoretically. I mean, according to what kind of person is Martin, in the end they made him as a joke, clearly.

Edited by anthony

Ronald Reagan

Exactly, he could have been the ultimate and only antagonist, the perfect ruthless cartel boss.

Instead they made him like a pussy for Trevor, again, an another ruined character.

It's sad to me, honestly they missed something with this game imo, story and especially characters wise.

I don't know why, but every antagonist in Grand Theft Auto V is supposed to be an idiot. They are all a joke, and Rockstar didn't even try to hide it.

Martin, Stretch, Steve, Wei Cheng, Devin. They all act like morons.

Edited by Ronald Reagan

TheOriginalGunslinger

Faustin was also a good character in IV. Loved his attitude and it was more compelling than what some characters in V gave off.

Oh, and why does Trevor run away from Franklin when they encounter each other when Franklin goes to kill him? Throughout the story of GTA V, Trevor is already making enemies with Merryweather (FREAKING MERRYWEATHER!) and other people and isn't scared of anything but than Franklin shows up and Trevor drives off like a pansy ass. I know if someone points a gun at you some people would run off too but what Trevor has been through during the entire sh*t show that was GTA V's story that was Rockstar's way of sending Trevor off just like that? That's really laughable to me.

I'm telling you right after "Friends Reunited" the story in V was just a bore fest. That Jewelry Store Heist was the only good heist in my opinion. The story in IV keeps me interested from the time you get off that boat and beyond. It's always a pleasure playing through it.

Edited by Dexter_Morgan

Sleepwalking

Faustin was also a good character in IV. Loved his attitude and it was more compelling than what some characters in V gave off.

Oh, and why does Trevor run away from Franklin when they encounter each other when Franklin goes to kill him? Throughout the story of GTA V, Trevor is already making enemies with Merryweather (FREAKING MERRYWEATHER!) and other people and isn't scared of anything but than Franklin shows up and Trevor drives off like a pansy ass. I know if someone points a gun at you some people would run off too but what Trevor has been through during the entire sh*t show that was GTA V's story that was Rockstar's way of sending Trevor off just like that? That's really laughable to me.

I'm telling you right after "Friends Reunited" the story in V was just a bore fest. That Jewelry Store Heist was the only good heist in my opinion. The story in IV keeps me interested from the time you get off that boat and beyond. It's always a pleasure playing through it.

If a badass character suddenly starts to act stupid, you understand he is going to die (Rockstar logic)

Terry, Clay, Johnny, Michael, Trevor , Rocco

TheOriginalGunslinger

If a badass character suddenly starts to act stupid, you understand he is going to die (Rockstar logic)

I never said anything about a character acting "stupid". I pointed out that the V story was a sh*t show and the IV story was better hence why I'm posting in the "Things GTA IV did better than GTA V" thread. Edited by Dexter_Morgan

Sleepwalking

Was the sarcasm needed? Sorry if I triggered a little bit of salt. I never said anything about a character acting "stupid".

I don't mean actually stupid, maybe i should use "suddenly acting out of the character" term.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Was the sarcasm needed? Sorry if I triggered a little bit of salt. I never said anything about a character acting "stupid".

I don't mean actually stupid, maybe i should use "suddenly acting out of the character" term.

Edit: Oh! Gotcha. I see what you are pointing out. My bad.

I actually don't hate GTA V to a degree where I bash it every single day. I like going back and Free Roaming around from time to time but I just can't replay the story.

Edited by Dexter_Morgan

MARKUS.

The atmosphere for doing movies like this.

Plus back in that time machinimas were far more considered than now, it is incredible now just a regular gameplay with some annoying dude talking and talking has far more views that someone who makes lots of efforts to bring some good videos, I miss Yeardly Diamond times, that was entertainment!

By the way I am so sorry, they are footages of an unreleased movie on late 2009 and I didn't have more quality

Edited by Markhosdangerous

Algonquin Assassin

I like that we can't interact with peds in GTA IV. That might be a strange thing to say as I'm always up for anything to do with making things more immersive, but the problem for me in GTA V is I don't feel it adds any significant. Occassionally you might get a somewhat interesting conversation, but most of the time it's a blank "good thanks" type of response and it doesn't work with all peds. Oh yeah and not to mention that some peds become unnecessarily hostile which is stupid.

In real life I don't walk up to random people just to say hi to them then go to someone else and say hi again. It would make me look crazy. With GTA IV peds still to react to Niko, but only if he does something to them which to me is far more believable. It creates the feeling of a busy metropolis where everyone is minding their own business like people do in real life.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Shinola Gamer

I liked how I was able to turn off the cars engine or leave it tuned on, is a small detail that always annoyed me not been in GTA V.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Being "forced" to climb over fences and stuff. When you mash buttons when you are still climbing it doesn't allow you to drop down. In IV, you can actually grab a ledge or hang off a fence and decide if you want to climb over it or not (you can also shimmy in some areas). In V, when you climb it automatically does it for you (I mean even in GTA: San Andreas you were able to hang onto fences) but in V there is no way to drop down. Getting shot in the ass from an enemy NPC or cop isn't fun. Why can't I just drop down when that happens and turn on the enemy quickly to take care of the threat.

Edited by Dexter_Morgan

rampage08

I don't know why, but every antagonist in Grand Theft Auto V is supposed to be an idiot. They are all a joke, and Rockstar didn't even try to hide it.

Martin, Stretch, Steve, Wei Cheng, Devin. They all act like morons.

It feels like the protagonists really doesn't have much risk fighting them, the stakes doesn't feel high.

Now Dimitri, every time you see his name on the phone calling you, you know sh*t's about to get real. Remember when he sends a picture of Roman tied to a chair?

Algonquin Assassin

I like to call Dimitri back. Its so cold (yet weirdly amusing) when Niko threatens to cut off his face. I always imagine a reaction like the thugs in Tropic Thunder..

Algonquin Assassin

I like how taxis have an interior view. I don't know why this was taken out in GTA V? Seems a bit unnecessary. Though I guess GTA V removes tons of things from GTA IV without a reason.

Also the taxi drivers in GTA V are boring. None of them are as cool as Mohammed.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Mr_Rager

That Dimitri phone call with Niko is so good. Niko says something like he will cut his face off and hang it on his wall to remind him what a lying hypocrite looks like. Brutal.

I'll always have a soft spot for the post Pest Control call with Roman. Niko sounds so defeated internally. Funny how some of the most poignant dialogue happens outside of cutscenes.

Edited by Mr_Rager

Claude_Lib

I like how taxis have an interior view. I don't know why this was taken out in GTA V?

Even more confusing considering that cars in V have better detailed interiors.

Ertan Soner

I like how taxis have an interior view. I don't know why this was taken out in GTA V? Seems a bit unnecessary. Though I guess GTA V removes tons of things from GTA IV without a reason.

Also the taxi drivers in GTA V are boring. None of them are as cool as Mohammed.

Yeah looking around in the taxi in first person feel like you are tourist and exploring the city.

Tycek

YT Video

The interior of the taxi cars was cool feature and it irks me as well what was the reason behind cutting it out. I still recall the fiest time when I was riding in taxi in IV and how I was stunned by the fact that it almost felt like a real life - observing the world as you were passing by.

Edited by Tycek

Femme Fatale

Maybe R* thought we'd get a better view of the outside during the ride if the camera wasn't inside the taxi.

ArmyRaidFail404

I might have to check, but I don't remember the interior taxi view NOT being in GTA V

Algonquin Assassin

I might have to check, but I don't remember the interior taxi view NOT being in GTA V

It’s only present when you select what destination you want to go to before it goes back outside of the taxi which makes its exclusion even more mind blowing since the technical aspects are already there.

Maybe they thought most people use the skip function, but I still like having the option of the interior view if I just want to take my time.

Tycek

That's what puzzles me the most with the GTA V. Many of the features could be there, as the technical foundations are already set up (like the taxi interior view), but the option itself is not possible. Was it really so hard to just add a camera select button while in the cab, so you could just choose whether you want?

Edited by Tycek

PJR_4015

It’s only present when you select what destination you want to go to before it goes back outside of the taxi which makes its exclusion even more mind blowing since the technical aspects are already there.

Maybe they thought most people use the skip function, but I still like having the option of the interior view if I just want to take my time.

Isn't there a regular first-person view in the current gen and PC versions though? Maybe last-gen didn't have it, but I'm sure the enhanced edition has an interior view.

ToyGT_one

The atmosphere for doing movies like this.

Plus back in that time machinimas were far more considered than now, it is incredible now just a regular gameplay with some annoying dude talking and talking has far more views that someone who makes lots of efforts to bring some good videos, I miss Yeardly Diamond times, that was entertainment!

By the way I am so sorry, they are footages of an unreleased movie on late 2009 and I didn't have more quality

Where did Machinimas went these days? I remember them being a huge thing back in very late 2000's/early 2010's especially with these GTA IV/EFLC mini movie style videos. Nowaday's videos are full of begging likes, clickbaits, showing off content and just some "let's play" videos.

Isn't there a regular first-person view in the current gen and PC versions though? Maybe last-gen didn't have it, but I'm sure the enhanced edition has an interior view.

I believe there's a first person view while riding a cab in PS4, XB1 and PC but not in XB360 or PS3.

Edited by ToyGT_one

Pedinhuh

I will now nominate the best thing IV did better than V:

Story DLCs

;)

ArmyRaidFail404

Its only present when you select what destination you want to go to before it goes back outside of the taxi which makes its exclusion even more mind blowing since the technical aspects are already there.

I believe there's a first person view while riding a cab in PS4, XB1 and PC but not in XB360 or PS3.I just booted up GTA V on my Xbox One, got in a cab and went to Franklin's safe house all in first person. It's definetly in the game, but it's probably not in the original 360/PS3 version Edited by ArmyRaidFail404

Am Shaegar

I just booted up GTA V on my Xbox One, got in a cab and went to Franklin's safe house all in first person. It's definetly in the game, but it's probably not in the original 360/PS3 version