Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,677 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Octavio89

Things GTA IV did better than GTA V

T-ru

But in V there is a more FUN, this's a game not a movie, book or song and should be motion, should be beautiful, realistic, optimized, varied, varied vehicles, varied peds, bigger map...etc and V owns this things much more than IV!!!

GTA 5 is fun = opinions not fact

GTA 5 is beautiful = GTA 4: 2008 first R* release on oldgen

GTA 5 is realistic = rofl

varied peds = rofl

bigger map = Just Cause 2 is better than GTA 4 and RDR because it has a bigger map.

Few lines before;

it's fatuously to say IV is better than V or V is better than IV, both of the games are GREAT!

Right.

GTA 5 is fun = opinions not fact - Agree!

GTA 5 is beautiful = GTA 4: 2008 first R* release on oldgen - Yes and they covered everything with ugliness and bugs, at this state Rage engine had much much more potential, just watch carefully the first trailer!!!

GTA 5 is realistic = rofl - rofl what??!! Maybe you did not play V enough, IV is very realistic too but at some points the main character is like super hero and gymnastic also the vehicles use a bit of moon gravity while driving or flying!

varied peds = rofl - Again you did not play V enough, in IV the peds are much more on the streets but they are like a twins with different clothes!

bigger map = Just Cause 2 is better than GTA 4 and RDR because it has a bigger map. - We talking about GTA, my town and area have biggest map!

Porcelain Rose

Definitley the physics.

Algonquin Assassin

All of you here are sick. I just read this topic and I'm llllooolllll. :lol:

I play IV since 2008, completed the game and dls many times but it's fatuously to say IV is better than V or V is better than IV, both of the games are GREAT!

But to be honest V is a bit better than IV, like IV is a bit better than SA, SA is bit better than III...etc

IV is more deep than V.

IV is like a book, V is like a magazine.

IV is like a underground meaningful hip hop song, V is like a today commercial hip hop.

...etc

But in V there is a more FUN, this's a game not a movie, book or song and should be motion, should be beautiful, realistic, optimized, varied, varied vehicles, varied peds, bigger map...etc and V owns this things much more than IV!!!

Well personally I think its more fun to read a deep and interesting novel (GTA IV) than a magazine (GTA V) that in some ways is more flashy, but lacks substance.

The analogy perfectly describes both games actually. Whilst a magazine might be fun to read its still just a magazine without much meaning and redeeming value to read through multiple times.

A novel by contrast is more layered and youd probably want to read it over again to absorb it all.

Roham8506

driving is more realistic in iv but in v if you just push the play station shock a little bit left or right it will go like flash (a marvel character)

StormBreaker

driving is more realistic in iv but in v if you just push the play station shock a little bit left or right it will go like flash (a marvel character)

Another reason why i love IV. Also, i think flash is a DC character *shrug*

TheOriginalGunslinger

I really like the Niko Bellic character trailer better compared to the Michael, Franklin and Trevor character trailers. (Out of those three character trailers from GTA V though I will say the Michael one was my favorite).

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

JavierC

I really like the Niko Bellic character trailer better compared to the Michael, Franklin and Trevor character trailers. (Out of those three character trailers from GTA V though I will say the Michael one was my favorite).

Fun fact: At 0:23 you can hear the Mission Passed sound effect of GTA V.

Claude_Lib

No, the other way around, in GTA V they used plain generic stock sound effect for Mission Passed.

JavierC

Yeah that was my point lol.

Claude_Lib

Oops, misunderstood you, my bad.

Gettin up

Burger Shot.

RoscoeHussein

Liberty City actually felt like people lived there. There were enough houses and apartments in IV. In V, it seems like there are more business and stores than houses, not to mention how small the V neighborhoods are. Makes you think, when the day's over, where do people sleep?

Edited by RoscoeHussein

Hot Pursuit

I always enjoy playing hide and seek with the polices in IV, shame you couldn't do this in V though

Davao

You gained money in missions, while in V you don't gain any money from except the heists in the main missions.

Algonquin Assassin

You gained money in missions, while in V you don't gain any money from except the heists in the main missions.

I can see the logic behind this to make the heists feel worthy of their payouts, but it still feels a bit unbalanced especially seeing as a couple of the heists don't even reward money.

I know money in GTA IV becomes useless, but it's still cool starting off working for a few bucks before getting paid top dollar for some high profile assassinations.

Son of Zeus

I can see the logic behind this to make the heists feel worthy of their payouts, but it still feels a bit unbalanced especially seeing as a couple of the heists dont even reward money.

I know money in GTA IV becomes useless, but its still cool starting off working for a few bucks before getting paid top dollar for some high profile assasinations.

Shame there was not much to spend on though. Atleast in V there are more things to spend on. Overall 3d Era was the best in this.

Davao

Taxi Drivers, in V it's the same guy, but in IV, there was more than one model for the taxi driver even though most of the time it was that old guy,

Official General

Taxi Drivers, in V it's the same guy, but in IV, there was more than one model for the taxi driver even though most of the time it was that old guy,

Agreed.

I too felt annoyed they were all the same guy in V.

Davao

Subway system is a whole lot better than the tram system. The subway system is better, and feels more realistic except for the part that on the subway trains, there is hardly any passengers on and they always get off at the next stop.

Algonquin Assassin

Since crouching was taken out in GTA V there's no adequate replacement for the Slav squat.

eCola

Come at me lol

ougQbep.jpg

Davao

The Peds. In V, if you talked to a ped, then they'd usually phone the cops on you for no stupid reason, at least this didn't happen in IV.

Davao

I also like how in IV, that your phone removes the contact you don't need from your phone however in V, this doesn't happen

eCola

GTA IV had safehouses that actually felt like, well, safehouses. V didn't.

Algonquin Assassin

GTA IV's story's so grand and intricate it took GTA IV plus EFLC to explain it all. With a similar structure GTA V's story is shorter, no where near the character development and no interesting sub plots like the diamonds.

TommyPayne123

Absolutely everything.

ToyGT_one

Offtopic but that trailer with that song and that dark gritty environment made me really nostalgic. I couldn't believe it's almost 10 year since the release of GTA 4.

Algonquin Assassin

Offtopic but that trailer with that song and that dark gritty environment made me really nostalgic. I couldn't believe it's almost 10 year since the release of GTA 4.

I love this video which it's why in in my "About me" page.;)

D9fred95

Not really V, but in GTAO I literally get phone calls from Ron, Agent 14, Simeon, everybody all the time nonstop telling me to buy bunkers, hangers and all that stuff.

As much as everyone talks about the "Let's go bowling" jokes, I don't recall being called by people in GTA IV nearly as much as GTAO's contacts. At least in IV it's a simple invitation to hang out, in GTAO it's:

"See this hanger? You should buy it, the hanger that I mentioned, you know that hanger, you could make so much money with that hanger, did I mention the hanger? I'll text you about the hanger if you want to buy a hanger because hangers are wonderful".

I don't get how IV is a laughingstock for phone calls but GTAO with contacts pestering you nonstop to spend money gets a free pass.

MrPeteyMax

Not really V, but in GTAO I literally get phone calls from Ron, Agent 14, Simeon, everybody all the time nonstop telling me to buy bunkers, hangers and all that stuff.

As much as everyone talks about the "Let's go bowling" jokes, I don't recall being called by people in GTA IV nearly as much as GTAO's contacts. At least in IV it's a simple invitation to hang out, in GTAO it's:

"See this hanger? You should buy it, the hanger that I mentioned, you know that hanger, you could make so much money with that hanger, did I mention the hanger? I'll text you about the hanger if you want to buy a hanger because hangers are wonderful".

I don't get how IV is a laughingstock for phone calls but GTAO with contacts pestering you nonstop to spend money gets a free pass.

Don't worry, I'm a bullsh*t translator. I'll tell you what they're saying.

"See this hanger? You should buy shark cards to afford it, the hanger I mentioned, you know that hanger, you should buy more shark cards, did I mention the shark cards? I'll text you about the hanger if you buy shark cards because shark cards are wonderful."

My answer for this thread: No Microtransactions.