GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Any tips on getting people to play your creations?

Rammer2k

One of the reasons why I don't really mess around with the Creator much is because I can never get anyone to join my creations when sending invites. I don't make stupid jump crazy races, or trap deathmatches. I usually spend time with a good title, and description too. If I'm lucky, I'll get maybe 4-5 people join my race, and even a couple quit out right away.

I'm a bit of a lone wolf when it comes to Crews. I'm not gonna join those dirtball crews like IGN just to get a few likes/plays. So with that, are there any good tips on getting people to join, and play your creations? I have submitted a few races to the Approved Thread, and other creation forums. Thanks.

• Like 1

You don't have to join the insanely huge crews like IGN, try something smaller. Quality > Quantity in this case.

Once hosting, if you have a mic it helps telling the randoms to be patient and informing them when you'll launch. Prior to launching, switch sessions until you find a lobby with at least 12 players, it increases chances.

Having conversations during the lobby screen can entertain people, leaving them to stay. If you have a long description, tell them to read it to pass the time.

While waiting, explain to them and describe what the job is all about to pass the time.

Play often with your close friends. A random player is more likely to stay if he sees that there's at least 4 people in the lobby rather than you alone.

Hope this helped.

• Like 5

handcuff_charlie

Host host host host

Keep your friends list full of people who actually join you now and then

Join a crew that does stuff together but do not use your crew to fill your friends list, it is duplication. Crews are functionally nothing more than game-specific friends lists.

Host from relatively full public rooms, use auto-invite, open and close matchmaking to keep the timer running.

That's about it. It requires a lot of patience but with time and some luck with making some good friends you will eventually be able to fill your rooms with relative ease.

• Like 3

click on auto invite, invite current session and when someone joins cancel auto invite and then click on it again

now if your race or w/e is good then the people in your lobby will bookmark it

also you should have good search tags for your jobs aswell

this is just from my expierence

• Like 2

A lot of ignorant f*ckers have played 1 sh*tty custom job and then say there all like that. That's why alot of people leave or refuse to join, shame.

As stated you need to add people who enjoy your job, chances are they'll be back for you other jobs and if they ain't delete them if they keep refusing!!

Izzy Glitch

okay this process works for me 98% of the time.

Join a full or kinda full lobby. Invite current lobby. then invite last job. then invite friends. then invite crew. then invite skill matched players. THEN auto invite.

NOW when some one joins CANCEL auto invite and when the GREEN JOINED icon comes on Select auto invite again. <--REPEAT this last auto invite step for each person that joins. Its a pain yes but I SWEAR this works for me I don't know why but it does.

Kinda like when your vaporizing, if you do a strong hit at first you take all the heat...but little by little and awww shiet.

ALSO if you make the open option to closed and switch it Back to open it extends the invite time. :)

• Like 3

A lot of ignorant f*ckers have played 1 sh*tty custom job and then say there all like that. That's why alot of people leave or refuse to join, shame.

As stated you need to add people who enjoy your job, chances are they'll be back for you other jobs and if they ain't delete them if they keep refusing!!

thats so true aswell

It's a shame people aren't more willing to give custom jobs a go. Creating deathmatches feels especially futile, I've never even gotten to test my second one and my first one got one guy. I've been thinking a forum creator day would be fun. Set up 16 people and make a playlist of one job from each person so we can try out 16 custom jobs filled up with 16 people.

I've been thinking a forum creator day would be fun. Set up 16 people and make a playlist of one job from each person so we can try out 16 custom jobs filled up with 16 people.

Make it a weekly event perhaps. With multiple hosts so it extends to 32 people?

A person makes a thread willing to co-operate with a second person. Both being hosts to cover at least 32 people and 32 jobs. And of course they mark world times and accept 1 entry per member.

While also explaining how you can now bookmark jobs in a playlist.

It's a shame people aren't more willing to give custom jobs a go. Creating deathmatches feels especially futile, I've never even gotten to test my second one and my first one got one guy. I've been thinking a forum creator day would be fun. Set up 16 people and make a playlist of one job from each person so we can try out 16 custom jobs filled up with 16 people.

If you set this up for the PS3 side count me in :) was thinking something along these lines so hopefully you can do all the hard work and we can reap the benefits ;)

If you need any help at all just PM me :)

handcuff_charlie

okay this process works for me 98% of the time.

Join a full or kinda full lobby. Invite current lobby. then invite last job. then invite friends. then invite crew. then invite skill matched players. THEN auto invite.

That is exactly what auto-invite does. There is no need to do it manually. Just click auto-invite to begin with.

If you watch, it will hit any friends already in your session immediately, then it goes down the list...current session, last job, friends, crew, skill-matched...when someone joins, it then invites their friends list and crew list.

But it seems to only send out the invite once until it is either accepted or rejected...if you notice, you only receive phone invites one-time from friends not hosting a job. This means the auto-invite used your friend's friend-list to invite you, but the auto-invite runs on a cycle, so if you delete the invitation from your phone it comes back a few moments later, usually never more than 10-12 seconds (this cycle is why you get the annoying XMB message pop-ups over and over again when auto-invite tries to invite someone from your friends/crew or last job list who has logged off). So really turning auto-invite on and off-again doesnt really do anything, it is already cyclical to begin with so that it sends invites out to the friend/crew lists of newcomers to your room.

The only time that is questionable whether turning it off and back on may be needed is when you are sitting in a room and you see the orange cloud save icon spinning. I am not sure why this happens, but it happens when you change sessions along with other times in-game. My GUESS is that the session you were in had someone fill your place or something along those lines so you have been moved while you are in the lobby waiting to fill a room. It is anybody's guess and nobody apart from R* really knows for sure, all we can do is guess. For this reason when I see the orange cloud save icon, I cycle auto-invite off/on just to make sure it isn't hung on an old invite roster that no longer exists....again I am purely speculating and there is no evidence to show either way.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

Izzy Glitch

yes but if I do the process manually ive noticed I get more ppl than if I just press auto first. auto first just makes me wait longer. and I don't have the patience most of the time.

handcuff_charlie

yes but if I do the process manually ive noticed I get more ppl than if I just press auto first. auto first just makes me wait longer. and I don't have the patience most of the time.

It's in your mind. Believe what you want...but you aren't giving the OP any useful practices.

He might as well scatter some chicken bones around his PS3 and do a dance ritual with some pygmies for all the good manually doing what auto-invite-does-faster is going to do him.

- host your races

- join a good crew

- if races, get them to approved races-Thread here

- make an own thread to show your creations

- make advertisment in your signature (like me xD)

- get them played by some youtubers

- have luck ;)

thats all coming to my mind.

About the creations appearance i couldn't speak for everyone. I leave at races which looks to simple or seems to be too jumpy.

Eventually it could help to have every description in english, without capslock on and in full sentences.

Actually i find the lobbies of races i don't even try to be better filled then the jobs I like xD

Edited by DerBarde

Make a YT channel for merchandise it

R0JZuRm.png

handcuff_charlie

- host your races

- join a good crew

- if races, get them to approved races-Thread here

- make an own thread to show your creations

- make advertisment in your signature (like me xD)

- get them played by some youtubers

- have luck ;)

thats all coming to my mind.

About the creations appearance i couldn't speak for everyone. I leave at races which looks to simple or seems to be too jumpy.

Eventually it could help to have every description in english, without capslock on and in full sentences.

Actually i find the lobbies of races i don't even try to be better filled then the jobs I like xD

^Sums it up perfectly

The Grapeseed

I rarely get people joining through invites (At least I think), they seem to come in through the join deathmatch option in their phone.

So does anyone know how to make your lobby more attractive to these random joiners? I have these weird intuitions that your room gets more accepted into this matchmaking system if you have played lots of jobs recently.

We are hosting Weekly Creator Events with full lobby. Join the events and you can host your creations.

That's an easy way to get your creations played in the right way, and without randoms either.

Details here: maliciousintentt.weebly.com/events

I rarely get people joining through invites (At least I think), they seem to come in through the join deathmatch option in their phone.

So does anyone know how to make your lobby more attractive to these random joiners?

Repeatedly blow someone away in freeroam, they usually join to get you back, or if you have a mic politely announce to the session that your gonna start a DM/race. These rarely work thou as 9/10 times I get a reply along the lines of "Shut up you Irish bitch fa**ot nigga, kill yo'self" so I recommend you add some people that join your jobs previously and give it the thumbs up!!

Edited by TheMckeever

handcuff_charlie

Handcuff Charlie. How many plays did your verified DMs have before verification?

Less than 300 each

I have these weird intuitions that your room gets more accepted into this matchmaking system if you have played lots of jobs recently.

I have thought the same thing. i first log on, host a room, get no one joining, not even friends list.

Then I go join a mission or DM/race or two....rehost my own room and suddenly it starts filling with friends as well as randoms.

Considering R* cant even keep our hair from disappearing and reappearing every 2 minutes, I highly doubt this is some programmed feature of the invite/matching system :lol:

I had a pretty awesome experience the other night. I regularly scour the social club, adding any races that look even remotely fun/intriguing/ironic. I then set up playlists of 8-12 to try them out pretty much every night and play with my friends & crew.

The other night we decided to open it up to the public and we ended up randomly racing with some of the creators of the races - lxl ezula lxl / PlamenVT. Pretty cool!

Been touched on by a few in here but I thought I'd give it a little nudge too.

It's all about the community imo. Our crew started on here as a gathering of like minded racers in search of good clean lobbies, like other racing crews as well. It.grew well and for most of the time GTAO has been around there's been a strong clean racing community with some good relationships between the crews themselves.

I don't really know much about creator crews tbh but I don't see why the same can't be said for them, there's more than enough demand. Tbh, Red Rum is as much a race creation crew as it is anything else, all we run are custom jobs, mostly new.

Being part of a community means I haven't needed to go all voodoo with the invite system in months.

Some advice if that's a valid option for race/DM creators looking for plays. It's very much about give and take, you have to be willing to play other people's creations, no crew or community likes to be used purely to promote one persons ideas. You'd also need to be open to constructive feedback, even if its negative, its rare that a job cannot be improved upon through second opinions.

The community events Budcat and Plamen are promoting can only be a good place to start.

So does anyone know how to make your lobby more attractive to these random joiners?

Repeatedly blow someone away in freeroam, they usually join to get you back, or if you have a mic politely announce to the session that your gonna start a DM/race. These rarely work thou as 9/10 times I get a reply along the lines of "Shut up you Irish bitch fa**ot nigga, kill yo'self" so I recommend you add some people that join your jobs previously and give it the thumbs up!!

@The Grapeseed

In other words, if you want alot of players to join you:

- Be silent

- Don't be Irish

- Be the pimp

- Be straight

- You can be black, as long as you're none of the above

- Be VERY, VERY suicidal. Ideally, threaten to kill yourself atleast once every 30 seconds, this will make people stay in your lobbies and give you pity-votes

Either that, or just name your job:

Floating Insane Epic Jump Ramp Sky $$$ 1.000.000 RP CRAZY ZOOMG Mad Skills Badass Thing

That name is a guaranteed winner with the GTA community.

I usually hit auto-invite and reset my timer whenever I get past 30 seconds, that and encourage people to stick around over the mic

Wraith of Vern

I've followed a few of the steps on here myself, for getting more plays on some of my creations and it definitely has helped. But I have a few other tips:

- If you don't get anybody joining within 3 or 4 minutes of being in the lobby, change session and try again.

- Don't bother trying to start a creation in a lobby with red dots, they won't join and they are more interested in killing each other.

- I sometimes spam invites to my recent players list via Xbox Live, but this is VERY hit and miss.

But that isn't anything new really. For getting plays on your creations, its just a case of finding those people who will like it AND bookmark it for future racing. Number of bookmarks is a statistic I would like to know for my own creations, and would be useful.

The tags on races IS quite a useful thing and you might want to check the guide (somewhere on these forums) for that. Makes it much easier for people to find your creations, especially if they aren't one of the mega-jump ones.

Edited by Wraith of Vern