GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

First experience with an online cheater

Jarhead1154

Jarhead1154

I'm in an online game last night and my character is close to the helipad north of the LS airport. I'm just walking along on the sidewalk headed to the helipad to help myself to a Maverick when I am suddenly steamrolled by - - something. I'm ran down (dead) and there isn't a vehicle or person anywhere in sight.

The re-spawn puts me on the levy just south of the helipad, so I start heading towards the same Maverick. The closest player I see is over at the docks. As soon as I hit the helipad area I'm shot dead, and I see a player on steroids zipping circles around the helipad.

I re-spawn once again in the same spot and stupidly start heading towards the helipad again. This time there is a player on the north entrance to the helipad area, and he runs up to me in the a blink of an eye and guns me down. WTF?!?!?

Re-spawn puts me on the roadway outside the helipad entrance. I immediately see a shirtless player standing on the sidewalk. I pull out a weapon and fire at the guy and he does a 10 foot leap over the wall, zips across the helipad, and literally within 3 seconds is all the way over to the docks. I continue stubbornly towards helipad and this same player is back on the helipad within 2 seconds and kills me.

I'm done at this point. Heck with this, I'm out of here.

There's a reason I never got into online gaming, and this is a perfect example. I'm not mad about it, but I would certainly like to get some payback.

Moving to Online Forum

Biohazard Abyss

First experience and you're already done?

Wow.

• Like 3
klZZFxG.png

The Flaming Ranger

I killed my daughter the first time I encountered the Ache of the North.

First experience and you're already done?

Wow.

better yet after the first 2 times OP still went back for more...

@OP you open admit your stubborness had you go back at least 3 or 4 times to the same chopper. Glitchers/cheaters are gonna happen, best options would to find a different chopper or if you keep going back. take it on the chin

You're not mad about it but you come to a forum to rant about it.

The solution is just to find a new session.

• Like 2

VeLj9s6.png FUn2RUo.png

Jarhead1154

Well, like I said, I'm not normally on online gamer. I've been playing in invite-only sessions to avoid the kind of nonsense I saw last night. The payouts seemed a little low, so I went to the full online to see if it was different. It was....

I'll probably continue playing here and there, but I'll try to avoid coming in contact with players who seem to be doing super human things like zipping around the map much faster than they should be.

Sorry for putting the thread in the wrong place.... won't happen again.

CarimboHanky

that aint cheating, its just lag...

/thread!

Jun2nolimit

Lol what's your gt or psn

Alot of people on here can give you a second experience with a cheater

Good luck on the revenge part unless of course u cheat to

Btw there's a bitch and moan tread

Starscream_910

I killed my daughter the first time I encountered the Ache of the North.

25jxuoj.jpg

• Like 3

Sky_Light12

lol u done GTAO aready ? what a downer

there's private session u can use to avoid confortation against troll

Fluffy Apple

Yea i had a similar encounter with a player but he was a mod and he didn't get to kill me before i scurried away to invite only session, that was like 8 months ago or something close to that date. invite only sessions are awesome if you wanna just play with friends or get things done that will usually take you forever due to fag munchers blowing all your stuff up.

Wraith of Vern

You should have just moved session, or gone to your garage or apartment to watch the guy on the TV and maybe get some screenshots or a video to report the bastard. That is what I would have done.

ViceCityStalker

Sometimes it`s cool,a while back I was jamming a GTA Race in Star Junction IV.I was first on the second lap then as I came around the corner there was like 50 noose dudes trying to shoot the sh*t outta me.The same dude then spawned to massive ramps along both straights,epic times.

Wraith of Vern

Sometimes it`s cool,a while back I was jamming a GTA Race in Star Junction IV.I was first on the second lap then as I came around the corner there was like 50 noose dudes trying to shoot the sh*t outta me.The same dude then spawned to massive ramps along both straights,epic times.

People like that made GTA IV an unplayable game online.

RandallFlagg00

Don't let it sour you on playing in public lobbies. Regardless of what you see here it's very rare that you run into this type of thing. I've been playing since the second day of gtao and I've seen 2 cheaters.

• Like 2

Public lobbies are much more fun. Grabbing the HPV and watching the dots begin to swarm you. The panic when you don't have your PV and you jack an npc and get a 9k bounty on you. The competitiveness is what keeps this game alive for me. Well that and adding to my collection of vehicles.

• Like 3

colagamerXD

My first experiance...

3 MASSIVE ROCKS near the LSC - Downtown... was quite funny

and a guy with godmode

Sky_Light12

My first experiance...

3 MASSIVE ROCKS near the LSC - Downtown... was quite funny

and a guy with godmode

not massive rock , it's meteor . i never see a meteor on normal gameplay before ( even at missions ) , perhaps in beta there was

Ballistic Jello

Well, like I said, I'm not normally on online gamer. I've been playing in invite-only sessions to avoid the kind of nonsense I saw last night. The payouts seemed a little low, so I went to the full online to see if it was different. It was....

I'll probably continue playing here and there, but I'll try to avoid coming in contact with players who seem to be doing super human things like zipping around the map much faster than they should be.

Sorry for putting the thread in the wrong place.... won't happen again.

In my several hundred hours playing this game I have only seen a handful of modders. Just enter passive mode through the quick menu (hold Select/back on Xbox I think) and don't get in a vehicle, if you need to stay in that session for some reason - you will be invincible! You can observe them that way, and if you want report them by going to Pause Menu -> Online -> Players, scroll down and choose the report function, then pick a reason.

Unless you're playing with friends or crew, just go to Online - Find New Session.

But if you just play Invite Only, you're missing the real GTA experience, the excitement of going about everyday things in game with the threat of other players in close proximity at all times.

Invite Only = may as well play Single Player.

Edited by Ballistic Jello
2rqkacm.jpg

that aint cheating, its just lag...

/thread!

Lol!

10 foot leap = lag

Logic.

• Like 1

Jarhead1154

LOL ... I'm not b*tching and moaning about my experience, and certainly not complaining. I've never experienced anything like that and was just talking about it. It was actually kind of funny. Sure, I was a little stubborn about it and kept going back for more. I wasn't exactly sure what was happening at first, but I caught on and left the game. Ignorance, I guess.

Yes, I would like to get back at the jerks, and that would involve cheating just like they did. But I have no idea what to do or where to go to get there. I'm not modding my PS3 just to get back at these idiots, so I'll just drop it and forget about it. And watch out a little closer too.

Edited by Jarhead1154
  • Like 1

Jarhead1154

Phantom, I haven't modded, cheated, or hacked anything. Yes, I would love to get back at the little bastards, but I have no idea how to even go about it, so it stops there.

Like someone else said, the best approach is to not let it bother me because I'll be missing out on the experience. If it happens again I'll report it; that's really the only thing I (we) can do about it, other than simply not playing.

Minty_Marksman

My first experience was this guy with a Stun Gun, and he tased me over the marina fence, and drowned me.

Later he spawned UFOs, but he really didn't do any harm.

I'm in an online game last night and my character is close to the helipad north of the LS airport. I'm just walking along on the sidewalk headed to the helipad to help myself to a Maverick when I am suddenly steamrolled by - - something. I'm ran down (dead) and there isn't a vehicle or person anywhere in sight.

The re-spawn puts me on the levy just south of the helipad, so I start heading towards the same Maverick. The closest player I see is over at the docks. As soon as I hit the helipad area I'm shot dead, and I see a player on steroids zipping circles around the helipad.

I re-spawn once again in the same spot and stupidly start heading towards the helipad again. This time there is a player on the north entrance to the helipad area, and he runs up to me in the a blink of an eye and guns me down. WTF?!?!?

Re-spawn puts me on the roadway outside the helipad entrance. I immediately see a shirtless player standing on the sidewalk. I pull out a weapon and fire at the guy and he does a 10 foot leap over the wall, zips across the helipad, and literally within 3 seconds is all the way over to the docks. I continue stubbornly towards helipad and this same player is back on the helipad within 2 seconds and kills me.

I'm done at this point. Heck with this, I'm out of here.

There's a reason I never got into online gaming, and this is a perfect example. I'm not mad about it, but I would certainly like to get some payback.

This is the reason why I watch WEAZEL TV for twenty minutes before setting foot outside of my apartment.

There are no wasted efforts in recon.

Next time, report the guy so he doesn't bother you or anyone else anymore.

Edited by Kid SixXx

hercules1975

LOL ... I'm not b*tching and moaning about my experience, and certainly not complaining. I've never experienced anything like that and was just talking about it. It was actually kind of funny. Sure, I was a little stubborn about it and kept going back for more. I wasn't exactly sure what was happening at first, but I caught on and left the game. Ignorance, I guess.

Yes, I would like to get back at the jerks, and that would involve cheating just like they did. But I have no idea what to do or where to go to get there. I'm not modding my PS3 just to get back at these idiots, so I'll just drop it and forget about it. And watch out a little closer too.

Don't worry about the modders (or hackers as they are also known incorrectly as) too much.

You can't kill normally kill them very easily as they have G-Mode (God Mode) and are pretty much invincible.

Just follow the advice above about going into passive mode or finding a new session (lobby).

There are not that many modders online, certainly far fewer than legit players anyway from my experience on PS3 in free-roam.

Once the mods that they are using become wide-spread, R* will get lots of complaints about it and will fix (or try to) it with a patch.

I can probably count the number of times I have been in a lobby with a modder on my fingers, there aren't that many of them around.