I pit maneuver during races. So what?

Pink Fly

I honestly don't get the hate. This is a GTA race. It's allowed. If you don't like it go do something else.

The goal is to WIN by ANY means possible. Pit Maneuvers help me accomplish that.

MitchMaljers

So what's your point in telling us this? Desperate for attention or something?

If haters got a problem with it then they can go join a non-contact race.

I've heard this term a few times, what exactly is it? is it like brake checking?

Sometimes it is nice to play a normal race with clean players, you get get loads of RP just slipping people

The Percission Immobilisation Technique (P.I.T) is simply lining your front bumper (front wheel) up with another drivers rear bumper (rear wheel) and turning in on their car. Do this and you cause the back of their car to step out. Do it right and you can accellerate through them spinning their car 180 degrees. Do it badly and rashly and you either miss or cause both cars to spin out. If you think you're about to be pitted, hit your brakes at the last second and turn into the one trying to pit you. They'll be spun themselves or you'll miss each other and they'll fly off the track (pulled that trick off a couple of times). You'll will get the shunters (those who simply run into the back or side of you) trying something similar but being less precise about it. They are usually just trying to force you from the track, but a spin is just as desirable for them.

Edited by Cudwieser
  • Like 2

I've heard this term a few times, what exactly is it? is it like brake checking?

Sometimes it is nice to play a normal race with clean players, you get get loads of RP just slipping people

PIT is a Precision Impact Technique...

usually used by cops to stop cars they are chasing, most effectively technique is to hit the rear quarter panel at about 45 degree angle, causing the PIT'd vehicle to go into an uncontrollable spin...

in racing its a bit of a cheap shot.

The Percission Immobilisation Technique (P.I.T) is simply lining your front bumper (front wheel) up with another drivers rear bumper (rear wheel) and turning in on their car. Do this and you cause the back of their car to step out. Do it right and you can accellerate through them spinning their car 180 degrees. Do it badly and rashly and you either miss or cause both cars to spin out. If you think you're about to be pitted, hit your brakes at the last second and turn into the one trying to pit you. They'll be spun themselves or you'll miss each other and they'll fly off the track (pulled that trick off a couple of times). You'll will get the shunters (those who simply run into the back of you) trying something similar but being less precise about it.

dammit ninja'd, although thats a damn fine description Cudwieser

Edited by mo-seph

All I read was:

I can't win at races, so the best thing I could come up with was crashing into everyone else. Why does everyone hate that?

AwesomeJokeGTA

So what's your point in telling us this? Desperate for attention or something?

Wonder what Op's views on being P.I.T'd are?

Edited by Cudwieser
  • Like 1

All I know is its dirty and brown, oh and he likes to do it.

Ooops, wrong pit. Bet he hates it. I still don't understand how people think it is better to do that than just race. I have won all my races racing clean, even with catchup/slip stream on. Its not rocket science: Get in first, stay in first, and win. Plan on someone trying to pit you then adjust. Hell at this point its more of an underhanded trick to just drive by someone. Approach a corner and watch them brace for impact then speed on by, works every time.

Edited by Feurian42
  • Like 2

This thread is a total deja-vu.. I swear I've seen that title and post before with the exact same wording. Anyway, I agree with the OP. Anything goes in a GTA race, and if you're any good at racing, pitting shouldn't be a problem.

dairyworker

Seems that the folks who think it is acceptable/cool to pit keep saying "it's a gta race" well i believe there is 3 race modes regular, gta, and non contact. In a regular if you deliberately hit me my goal in life becomes getting you to leave the room. You wanna play like that do the gta races where anything goes and stay the hell away from those of us who want to test are skills against eachother with some sportsmanship applied.

Just because you are racing in gta does not make it a gta race.....

Edited by dairyworker
  • Like 4

Seems that the folks who think it is acceptable/cool to pit keep saying "it's a gta race" well i believe there is 3 race modes regular, gta, and non contact. In a regular if you deliberately hit me my goal in life becomes getting you to leave the room. You wanna play like that do the gta races where anything goes and stay the hell away from those of us who want to test are skills against eachother with some sportsmanship applied.

The thing is, there will always be pitters. It's a part of racing in this game. If you don't like it, well, that's why R* introduced non-contact. Instead of stooping down to their level and making it your "life goal to remove them from the room", do non-contact races. No pitters there, so there's nothing you can complain about. Edited by Lazy Mofo

I honestly don't get the hate. This is a GTA race. It's allowed. If you don't like it go do something else.

The goal is to WIN by ANY means possible. Pit Maneuvers help me accomplish that.

That's nice for you. Thanks for sharing.

once someone pits me i make their race a living hell. simple

^^ This, although it doesn't just apply to PITs, anyone who tries to ram me off the road

had a guy spin me out 3 times the other day, when i got him back he started whining over the mic about it :p

Pit Maneuvers slow you down... Which in turn means you won't win any races against someone who can actually drive and race

I get pitted all the time.. But i rarely go for revenge pits because its retarded... Why slow myself down just to pit anyone?

Sure.. Its GTA and blah blah blah... And it makes you slow. Bottom line.

• Like 3

Well I don't mind it because it's part of the game.

Pit Maneuvers slow you down... Which in turn means you won't win any races against someone who can actually drive and race

I get pitted all the time.. But i rarely go for revenge pits because its retarded... Why slow myself down just to pit anyone?

Sure.. Its GTA and blah blah blah... And it makes you slow. Bottom line.

Haters gonna hate... Racers' gonna leave your slow ass's in the dust...lol

• Like 2

dairyworker

The thing is, there will always be pitters. It's a part of racing in this game. If you don't like it, well, that's why R* introduced non-contact. Instead of stooping down to their level and making it your "life goal to remove them from the room", do non-contact races. No pitters there, so there's nothing you can complain about.

Your point is valid and some times I do that, BUT, if myself and a few friends are racing and we decide to let some randoms join (we like meeting new/cool folks) you better race clean, and most pick up on that right away so if you are the guy who acts like a duck we will shame you into leaving before kicking you.

Also the real thrill of racing comes from the challenge. While non contact does serve a purpose I REALLY enjoy fair competition where a little rubbing is gonna happen (lets not argue what rubbing is please, ask your gf/wife) trying to run the best line while thinking about where the other guy is going so you can block the pass without crashing. Like I said sportsmanship, which is sorely lacking among most of the community online.

Most of us, in my experience, who race clean will say so in the lobby before a race. I dony hear anyone calling out that they race like a cheap S.O.B. if that's how you race be clear about it and find others who feel the same.

• Like 1

why would i join a non-contact race when i could do a regular race and have more fun and show my skill by not having to hit everybody i see.

WickedCueball

had a guy spin me out 3 times the other day, when i got him back he started whining over the mic about it :p

That is the way most of these jokers are. They are all for spinning someone out to win the race but once they get spun out they turn into cry babies.

If you think you need to pit someone to win the race then by all means go right ahead but you have no reason to complain when someone pits you.

Funny part is that most of the time when someone spins me out I usually catch up to them because they can't race for anything.

So my suggestion is to take some time and learn the car and the track. Oh and learn how to race.

• Like 3

That is the way most of these jokers are. They are all for spinning someone out to win the race but once they get spun out they turn into cry babies.

If you think you need to pit someone to win the race then by all means go right ahead but you have no reason to complain when someone pits you.

Funny part is that most of the time when someone spins me out I usually catch up to them because they can't race for anything.

So my suggestion is to take some time and learn the car and the track. Oh and learn how to race.

Exactly!

moBEttablUesz

I basically equate it to players who arent any good at racing. .

I dont enjoy it ..but I wont retaliate I jus keep on with the race and usually pass them up ...

TeammateHelper

Well, if San Andreas teaches it in Driving School...

But honestly why bother. I only bother with Burnout's "accidental" race battle techniques, like shunting, grinding, whatnot.

Grinding's the best, too. It doesn't do anything but scrape paint, but people get psyched out and move away.

People like the OP are why I only race with friends, hate racing with moronic cock gurglers who mess up races.

• Like 2

I'm that guy that races clean and still wins while everyone else crashes into each other....oh wait, was this the right thread?

• Like 2

why would i join a non-contact race when i could do a regular race and have more fun and show my skill by not having to hit everybody i see.

Because if you join a regular race, you can expect to get pitted.