1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Need Help: Super Serious: Technical: WTF

Shootinalloveryourface

Shootinalloveryourface

Just loaded up GTA and as the loading screen appears, after two seconds this appears:

aRHzL6p.jpg

:(

I press A to try again and the issues are continuing to occur.

What do I do? Buy a new game?! Hands up ok yes I picked up my Xbox whilst it was playing and it made a big KSSSSSHCCCARRRKKKSSHH noise.

Anyone else had this alert?

Inb4 wrong section I feel uncomfortable in the sub forums I don't know anyone

• Like 1

How does the disc look?

It might be unreadable...otherwise eject, shut down, and try again

ok yes I picked up my Xbox whilst it was playing and it made a big KSSSSSHCCCARRRKKKSSHH noise.

There. You just f*cked your disc up.

Just loaded up GTA and as the loading screen appears, after two seconds this appears:

aRHzL6p.jpg

:(

What do I do? Buy a new game?! Hands up ok yes I picked up my Xbox whilst it was playing and it made a big KSSSSSHCCCARRRKKKSSHH noise.

when you picked up the Xbox and heard that noise, that was the disc getting scratched

• Like 6

Well when you went to the store did you get a years worth of disc warranty?

When I went to pick up my pre ordered copy I bought one year disc warranty for £1 and all I would need to do is show them that receipt to get a new disc.

However if you didn't do that you gotta buy a new one or you could try like a disc cleaning kit thing. (I know they exist but i've never used one) My friend used one though and it made one of his scratched disks work but the scratches weren't deep

Edited by mareepx

Shootinalloveryourface

How does the disc look?

It might be unreadable...otherwise eject, shut down, and try again

Looks pretty bad man. I thought it was in good nick but there's quite a few scratches, like all over but nothing deep.

Oh man...

Darth_Zannah

ok yes I picked up my Xbox whilst it was playing and it made a big KSSSSSHCCCARRRKKKSSHH noise.

There. You just f*cked your disc up.

That sucks dude. My condolences.

• Like 1

Shootinalloveryourface

Well when you went to the store did you get a years worth of disc warranty.

When I went to pick up my pre ordered copy I bought one year disc warranty for £1 and all I would need to do is show them that receipt to get a new disc.

However if you didn't do that you gotta buy a new one or you could try like a disc cleaning kit thing. (I know they exist but i've never used one)

The guy offered me warranty for £1 and I politely declined.

Later on I mentioned it to a friend, mocking how they have insurance for everything nowadays.

Yup.

• Like 3

Use a microfibre cloth or glasses cleaning cloth and gently wipe from the hole to the outside, not round and round.

If the disc is damaged though you're probably SOL

• Like 2

However if you didn't do that you gotta buy a new one or you could try like a disc cleaning kit thing. (I know they exist but i've never used one)

Later on I mentioned it to a friend, mocking how they have insurance for everything nowadays.

Yup.

Wow it's only a quid! Unlucky.....

Yup.

Insurance is life.

If you can find a new copy on the cheap, by all means buy it, but you could wait for the next gen release

Shootinalloveryourface

Yup.

Wow it's only a quid! Unlucky.....

Yeah I'm a stingy bastard

OT: Nooooooooooooo :(

RoyalRedXIII

That's your problem right there OP, that stupid xbox 360 chewed your disk up for breakfast. So:

-Throw away your whole Xbox right now

-go get ya self a PS3

-buy some kesh kardzez

-rub some alcohol on your disc (preferably vodka)

-????

-profit

Your welcome.

Edited by RoyalRedXIII
  • Like 3

LoA-Phantom

Save the game on your xbox hard drive then run it, should work

Yeah the best bet is to keep trying to install the disc, the textures won't load as fast for you but it shouldn't bitch about the disc in future.

Jolly Swagman

This is going to sound daft but try putting some tooth paste into the scratches. Ive gotten a few disks to work in the past doing this. Get one of those lense cleaners for your console too, if the lazer is a bit dirty it wont read as well. Some CD shops over here offer disk repair services, not sure if there is something similar in the UK or if they even work. Try to isntall the disk (on a USB stick not your hard drive or you will get issues with GTA) if you can get it working

Im with you. I always refuse paying for "warranty"and give the dude behind the counter a look like he has just sent me an email claiming he is a Nigerian prince.

Edited by Jolly SWAGman
  • Like 3

Shootinalloveryourface

Save the game on your xbox hard drive then run it, should work

Yeah the best bet is to keep trying to install the disc, the textures won't load as fast for you but it shouldn't bitch about the disc in future.

Erm... What ya mean? I think it is, how do you know?

Microfibre cloth was a fail :(

I've used a disc doctor before (on a ps2 game) and it worked for a game that had a lot of scratches. It was a contraption with a big polishing wheel and I think there was some sort of gel that went with it to put on the disc surface. I think it cost me about $20 ten years ago so they may be cheaper now. If the scratches aren't too deep then I'd try that first.

Good luck! Hope you can get it to work again.

And I know you love your xbox and probably want to give it a hug sometimes, but NEVER while the disc is spinning, okay?

• Like 1

AceThaCreator

You must play WAY TOO MUCH GTA for that to happen or your console decided to rebel against you.

RoyalRedXIII

This is going to sound daft but try putting some tooth paste into the scratches. Ive gotten a few disks to work in the past doing this. Get one of those lense cleaners for your console too, if the lazer is a bit dirty it wont read as well. Some CD shops over here offer disk repair services, not sure if there is something similar in the UK or if they even work. Try to isntall the disk (on a USB stick not your hard drive or you will get issues with GTA) if you can get it working

Im with you. I always refuse paying for "warranty"and give the dude behind the counter a look like he has just sent me an email claiming he is a Nigerian prince.

But if you never respond to the email, how else are you gonna get those millions of dollars in frozen assets :/?

Maybe you don't want yours but I sure want mine.

Yup.

Nobody gets disc insurance, it's for suckers...sure you had an accident, but not worth it if you know how to handle a disc
  • Like 5

Shootinalloveryourface

^yeah I know it's just I get so excited when it's Xbox time I do stupid things.

I've checked the disc. It's hard to count the amount of scratches.... 40-60 maybe, lots of lil ones.

Trying using the other disc.... Nope.

I've always got my back-up gaming pile...

F12010

F12012

Oh...

Yup.

Nobody gets disc insurance, it's for suckers...sure you had an accident, but not worth it if you know how to handle a disc

I just said I did get, so your statement highlighted in red is incorrect.

Also, it's £1 or $1.70

Why not get it, just in case?

I know how to handle a disc but sometimes accidents happen, and sometimes discs can scratch through no fault of the owner.

You'd have to be stupid not to get it for so cheap.....

• Like 1

AwesomeJokeGTA

That's your problem right there OP, that epic xbox 360 chewed your disk up for breakfast. So:

-Keep your whole Xbox right now and tell it that you forgive it

-go get ya self a Xbox Juan

-buy some kesh kardzez

-rub some alcohol on your disc (preferably vodka)

-????

-profit

Your welcome.

Fixed Edited by AwesomeJokeGTA
  • Like 1

RoyalRedXIII

Just loaded up GTA and as the loading screen appears, after two seconds this appears

My suggestion to you at this point in time is to maybe just weigh your options for replacing your game. I've tried using one of those "laser disc repair kit" things or whatever and it never seemed to work for me.

If your disc is just fried, I would hold on to the disc and just buy a new copy. If you somehow manage to get the old one to work, you can return the new one or just trade it in or sell it.

If your bent on keeping this from happening ever again, there's always the option of downloading it from the xbox store or whatever you guys use.

• Like 1

Here's what I would do...buy a new game, take it home, break one of the holding tabs that hold the disc, put the old disc inside, return to store...

...they might just do an exchange and may even have to give you one that has been unwrapped, but at least you'll have a disc that's able to be sold on eBay/etc. to make up the cost