Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,840 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Carmen!

What Is The Goal of GTAO?

Carmen!

Has GTAO become a game where all we do is repeat a cycle? Here's what I thought about a few nights ago. I questioned myself "what is the goal of GTAO?" Is the goal to have fun? Is the goal to make money? Is the goal to play until your heart is content? Or is it all of the following combined?

I'm curious about what GTAO has become. There is no incentive to progressing since R* unveiled what seemed to be a story element to GTAO. What is the point of it? Does the story end with us meeting Martin and doing jobs for him? Or will it end with heists?

So far, I've noticed a viscious cycle in Online. It begins as follows:

Player is online - player needs money - player does jobs and activities to get money - player attains money - player buys things - repeat

Outside of getting money and completing jobs, there is the fun aspect. However, there's nothing beyond that. The 'story' hasn't progressed. It's almost like stunted growth after lvl 120. We have all these skills, but there isn't any real use of them (Besides the main ones - shooting, driving, flying, stamina, and occasional stealth).

When does it end? In GTA IV's multiplayer, players were just dropped into freemode. There was no goal, other than whatever you wanted to do. There was a ranking system, but it didn't make much of a difference besides a shiny gold star and a new set of clothing.

However, this online mode has no direction as of now, and I wonder... what's the goal? What are we all working for?

godziller

I guess make money? Gta has always been about the loot right?

I just like going crazy in freeroam mostly...so epic freeroam battles are my personal goal in this game...

budcat

To me that is an ontological question that could be applied to gaming as an activity, full stop.

I play because I think it is fun. That I've earned and spent a lot of money along the way happened more or less organically. Sure I'll grind from time to time but usually I'll stop myself.

backward_axis

I've asked myself that same question; but I'm still playing because I enjoy leveling and making money.

The End Game? F*©k if I know.

Dannnisaur

Disregard females, and aquire currency. That's about it.

Though it is a game, mind you, so the ultimate goal is for it to provide you with entertainment. "When does it end?" Whenever you quit.

Edited by Dannnisaur

YirbyBond00Y

Certainly that's a very interesting thought process, but GTA Online was only made for the specific purpose of being an add-on to GTA V really....

saintsrow

The way most players act in GTA0, clearly the goal of GTA0 is to be the last player standing, having made every other player on the planet rage-quit and never come back. :p I guess that's how Rockstar designed it.

SnyderGuy

The same reason all these people smoke. To relax after a long day.

Edited by SnyderGuy

Sangers

What is the goal of real life?

...i meant that to be a tongue-in-cheek answer. But ironically my goal in life is to fill my life with experiences. And that's the same thing I do on GTAO.

Edited by Sangers

boron5

To be the ultimate badass.

kjahcleveland

To get rank 8000 duh.

Serdzy

What's the point of life?

So far, I've noticed a viscious cycle in life. It begins as follows:

eat - sleep - do stuff - repeat

LightningLord

-Snip-

Edited by LightningLord411

CatchMeTrolling

Becoming a boss & getting rich but it can be whatever you make it to be really. If you wanted to you could just be a street racer.

mesusmist

It's kind of like The Sims...you just keep playing because it's a neat, entertaining thing to do, though the game never truly ends. If all of this could completely end somehow I don't think I'd be as fun.

im_stoned

Disregard females, and aquire currency. That's about it.

Though it is a game, mind you, so the ultimate goal is for it to provide you with entertainment. "When does it end?" Whenever you quit.

Well said it's fun and that's why I play :)

Hylskriksen

GTAO is pure endgame. There is no real goal. Its all about what you make out of it. Later today, im climbing mount chiliad in my sandking. Tomorrow i may grind. The day after im gonna launch mayhem in freemode with rockets and minigun. On friday...

... Lets see... Practice my lazer skills?

Jolly Swagman

The ultimate goal is to gather enough material to be able to tell cool stories on gta forums.

Butterfly57

I personally think the goal for the game can be anything you make it to be. Perhaps your goal may be to make millions. Or do every mission/activity. Or rack up player kills. Perhaps spend your days in free roam battles with other players or police. The list of potential goals is pretty vast really.

It can also change from session to session. One day my goal may be to rank up a few levels. The next earn cash. Then I may settle upon just having fun in whatever way takes my fancy.

But an ultimate goal? I suppose having an evolving game that can be played for a long time. Or we just set our own ultimate goal - whatever that may be.

fryday

In my Opinion, Top Level (120) and maximum stats are reached much too fast.

Theres is nothing to grind for...sure just roaming around is still fun, which with a goal, it would be even more fun.

Biohazard Abyss

Exploit any and all glitches.

That's my goal.

*Proceeds to try new money glitch*

EFr9cc3.gif

MistGoose

To find and obtain the Karin Snipe, and the jetpack.

Edited by MistGoose

Rocket Skates

The only goal is to have fun. It's a game.

rogershah88

Honestly, I'm fine with this never-ending cycle. Despite the lack of goal, GTAO is nice place to hangout with friends, and having fun roaming the streets shooting people and role-playing.

VictinisRage

Has GTAO become a game where all we do is repeat a cycle? Here's what I thought about a few nights ago. I questioned myself "what is the goal of GTAO?" Is the goal to have fun? Is the goal to make money? Is the goal to play until your heart is content? Or is it all of the following combined?

I'm curious about what GTAO has become. There is no incentive to progressing since R* unveiled what seemed to be a story element to GTAO. What is the point of it? Does the story end with us meeting Martin and doing jobs for him? Or will it end with heists?

So far, I've noticed a viscious cycle in Online. It begins as follows:

Player is online - player needs money - player does jobs and activities to get money - player attains money - player buys things - repeat

Outside of getting money and completing jobs, there is the fun aspect. However, there's nothing beyond that. The 'story' hasn't progressed. It's almost like stunted growth after lvl 120. We have all these skills, but there isn't any real use of them (Besides the main ones - shooting, driving, flying, stamina, and occasional stealth).

When does it end? In GTA IV's multiplayer, players were just dropped into freemode. There was no goal, other than whatever you wanted to do. There was a ranking system, but it didn't make much of a difference besides a shiny gold star and a new set of clothing.

However, this online mode has no direction as of now, and I wonder... what's the goal? What are we all working for?

The goal of GTA O, to me, is getting cars, modding them and driving them around, whilst pretending im on a police chase (Well I don't need to pretend THAT, lol).

I also take some breaks, and "pretend" to talk to the NPC's, pretending I'm doing fake jobs for them.....

God. I need to stop playing this game lol

mareepx

The Goals of GTA Online.

1. Take part in a scubadave tank shift.

2. Obtain the Karin Snipe and store it

3. Find Domislive and kill him. Lots. Preferably while recording......

4. Find out 'wtf is a gerald?'

5. Buy Cash Cards.

bucktown911

MURDER MURDER MURDER

Shootinalloveryourface

To make other people angry

senormidget

Get that ca$h money.

GTA-Biker

There is no goal.It´s an online game,if it had a final mission,not many people would play after passing it.The goal is to get rich,buy a luxury apartment,fill the garages with your favorite vehicles and after that just play the game for fun with all the stuff you got.