[spoilers] should Ryder have had...

Lemoyne outlaw

You should rename this the "Ryder circle jerk club". You guys make him sound like he had positive traits. He was the stupid one out of the grove street members. And he died that way as well. I would of rather of seen him get his head blown off by an AK and then have his body torched. I cant believe there is people out there taking so much ryder love juice in their mouth.

Really. I actually kicked my cousin dead in his stomach for saying that Ryder was his favorite character. I hate anyone who likes that asshole and I don't respect their opinions at all.

You should rename this the "Ryder circle jerk club". You guys make him sound like he had positive traits. He was the stupid one out of the grove street members. And he died that way as well. I would of rather of seen him get his head blown off by an AK and then have his body torched. I cant believe there is people out there taking so much ryder love juice in their mouth.

Learn to respect other people's opinions.

Ryder was a little bit stupid because of the drugs... I was surprising the 1st time I have doing the mission (Pier 69) where you kill him... But after I was completed somes mission at the end of the game, I understood better why CJ killed him, so I am told that it was normal, finally.

Lemoyne outlaw

my goodness some people here seem to be hateful. thats fine if you dont like ryder but its not fine to say rude things to someone just because they have a different opinion than you. rollin69 if you really kicked your cousin because he has a different opinion than you than thats cruel and immature. for the rest of you keep discussing ryder. someone mentioned it would be cool to play as ryder. maybe it would be better than whining cj. im sorry to cj fans but cj always moaned and honestly liked ryder a bit more.

• Like 2

my goodness some people here seem to be hateful. thats fine if you dont like ryder but its not fine to say rude things to someone just because they have a different opinion than you. rollin69 if you really kicked your cousin because he has a different opinion than you than thats cruel and immature. for the rest of you keep discussing ryder. someone mentioned it would be cool to play as ryder. maybe it would be better than whining cj. im sorry to cj fans but cj always moaned and honestly liked ryder a bit more.

Exactly, not everyone has to obey someone elses opinions, for example, I think Eddie Pulaski was a great character in SA, even though the majority of the fans hate him.

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

If i had my head in the right mood, id sometimes get into a mini argument with myself (cos YOLO) and id always wonder, who really was the "good(est)" meaning cop out of tenpenny and pulaski? I mean, minus the last mission because YOLO

Lemoyne outlaw

Exactly, not everyone has to obey someone elses opinions, for example, I think Eddie Pulaski was a great character in SA, even though the majority of the fans hate him.

meh eddie wasent my favorite charecter but he was polish and we rarely have polish charecters. atleast he got a better death then ryder. he actually had a deathscene with funny last words.

Exactly what I was thinking. I got nothing against people who don't like a character, but it's stupid to criticize someone else who likes a character they hate. I dislike Catalina with a burning passion, but I don't go criticizing people who think otherwise. And if these losers really have a problem with a f*cking fictional character in a video game like that asshole natetheguitarkid (who criticized the other users in the form which we were discussing how no one cared about Ryder in the game), then they're immature children. Nobody has a problem talking about how they like Catalina, Lance Vance, Smoke, Tenpenny, and even f*cking OG Loc, yet when we (me included) talking about how much we like Ryder, people get all pissed and criticize us for taking "Ryder love juice" without the least amount of respect. I can understand why some people don't like Ryder (the reason being his betrayal), but I never understood such animosity towards Ryder, especially since he's not any worse than Tenpenny, Pulaski, and certainly not Catalina. I agree with the other user. I would definitely pick Ryder over CJ any day (no offense to you CJ fans).
  • Like 1

Learn to respect other people's opinions.

YEAH.... Like the opinion of...

GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

QfJpElQ.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ryder is a weak character and has no street respect. f*ckin' sherm-head sell out.

Fool didn't have the balls to fight CJ and instead ran away like a sissy-coward .."C...C..C..Can't stop me...CJ" Oh yeah.. I can see all the qualities for a true busta :lol::lol: than a gangster in him!!!

Some seem to be just upset to see him turn out such a baby in the end! ..lol

He was such a person and his character is seriously overrated.

Rockstar gave a nice ending to show how coward he was. I don't have any problems with his ending, at all.

watersgta3

Ryder is a weak character and has no street respect. f*ckin' sherm-head sell out.

Fool didn't have the balls to fight CJ and instead ran away like a sissy-coward .."C...C..C..Can't stop me...CJ" Oh yeah.. I can see all the qualities for a true busta :lol::lol: than a gangster in him!!!

Some seem to be just upset to see him turn out such a baby in the end! ..lol

He was such a person and his character is seriously overrated.

Rockstar gave a nice ending to show how coward he was. I don't have any problems with his ending, at all.

Cool story, bro.

His missions were fun and he had some charisma, but he betrayed his friends, the ones who were always there for him.

I've never seen a more fitting ending for a tertiary antagonist.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryder got as much attention from CJ after his death as Big Smoke. The most of it, if not all is visible in the pre destroying factory mission cutscene. As for Cesar's words about sexual innuendo about Kendl, he could just be informed by her personally. They both had much time in trailer for such conversations. The fact about Ryder appeared to be quickly forgotten is the fact, that he was much less likeable for CJ. He probably liked him less than BS, because he was giving him harsh time. BS was also still alive and kicking so CJ couldn't care more about his long and gone ex-friend.

Ryder got as much attention from CJ after his death as Big Smoke. The most of it, if not all is visible in the pre destroying factory mission cutscene. As for Cesar's words about sexual innuendo about Kendl, he could just be informed by her personally. They both had much time in trailer for such conversations. The fact about Ryder appeared to be quickly forgotten is the fact, that he was much less likeable for CJ. He probably liked him less than BS, because he was giving him harsh time. BS was also still alive and kicking so CJ couldn't care more about his long and gone ex-friend.

...or Ryder was simply just a poorly developed character who's betrayal and motivations after it were both improvised.

...or Ryder was simply just a poorly developed character who's betrayal and motivations after it were both improvised.

No..no.no. He was not a poorly developed as a character, but he was intended to be a half brain, pathetic, coward, lowlife. You simply don't want to listen to the truth and that's the problem.

Stop blaming Rockstar and just embrace the fact that Ryder is no hero but a character who was an utterly miserable as a gangsta. Even GS boys have more brains than him.

No..no.no. He was not a poorly developed as a character, but he was intended to be a half brain, pathetic, coward, lowlife. You simply don't want to listen to the truth and that's the problem.

Stop blaming Rockstar and just embrace the fact that Ryder is no hero but a character who was an utterly miserable as a gangsta. Even GS boys have more brains than him.

Chill the f*ck out! No one called the character a hero or insinuate he was one. Quit trying to instigate pointless arguments with people. It's just a video game.

Chill the f*ck out! No one called the character a hero or insinuate he was one. Quit trying to instigate pointless arguments with people. It's just a video game.

You guys need to stop being pointlessly defensive about Ryder on things that are just a part of your imagination whenever someone speaks the truth and hard FACTS about Ryder proving that you are in fact wrong, and there's no need to devolve into silly accusations against Rockstar, and for what? Ryder? A f*ckin' coward?

You guys need to stop being pointlessly defensive about Ryder on things that are just a part of your imagination whenever someone speaks the truth and hard FACTS about Ryder proving that you are in fact wrong, and there's no need to devolve into silly accusations against Rockstar, and for what? Ryder? A f*ckin' coward?How the f*ck am I being defensive? I'm just pointing out how poorly developed the character was. Also, you are in absolutely no position to accuse anyone for being defensive about a character when you keep on doing the same thing whenever someone points out CJ's faults. You don't like Ryder? That's your opinion. I'm cool with that. But don't go around instigating vendetta with people you don't know. Especially over the Internet. You're the most querulous person I've ever encountered if you're really getting so hostile towards someone else over a fictional character from a video game.
  • Like 1

BlackSnow176

and he just blew up on the boat and i wish he had a last words thing like pulaski. what are your thoughts?

I actually snipe him from the pier without getting wet :die:

GTA19somethin

You guys need to stop being pointlessly defensive about Ryder on things that are just a part of your imagination whenever someone speaks the truth and hard FACTS about Ryder proving that you are in fact wrong, and there's no need to devolve into silly accusations against Rockstar, and for what? Ryder? A f*ckin' coward?Ryder was originally going to be the one who was shot off the pier and T-Bone was going to be the one who escapes via boat. For some reason, Really* switched it. It's obvious Ryder's betrayal was an afterthought because it would have been better written.

How the f*ck am I being defensive?

By ignoring the points whenever someone basing their argument according to the actual presentation of how Rockstar intended to portray Ryder.

I'm just pointing out how poorly developed the character was.

According to you but many others don't think the same ( barring a few things about him ). There are countless things I van mention about how every character could have been developed in a lot better ways; according to what I think sounds really the way R* should have done.

In the end, Its just my own opinion. Rockstar simply wanted to show Ryder according to what they thought in mind for him, and balancing his act taking into consideration of other factors associated to the development and writing process for the game as a "whole". There are gonna be things that would go under a change as they progress with the game.

In reviewing Ryder, the only flaws pointed out should be that relate to how they executed Ryder within the context of the story then how it should have been better IMO.

I think they did a fine job with Ryder.

Also, you are in absolutely no position to accuse anyone for being defensive about a character when you keep on doing the same thing whenever someone points out CJ's faults. You don't like Ryder? That's your opinion. I'm cool with that. But don't go around instigating vendetta with people you don't know. Especially over the Internet. You're the most querulous person I've ever encountered if you're really getting so hostile towards someone else over a fictional character from a video game.

If my words seem excessively harsh it is only because I am also being insulted, and I am coming off strongly against ONLY with those 'select few' individuals, who come here for posting specifically to make insulting remarks than staying on topic. Don't expect anyone to take such sh*t kindly after being repeatedly faced with such bullsh*t without any instigation on my part.

I never used any insulting remark, but if others throw disrespectful remarks at me then I'm not going to respect their opinions either. Plain and simple.

Edited by Osho

How the f*ck am I being defensive?

By ignoring the points whenever someone basing their argument according to the actual presentation of how Rockstar intended to portray Ryder.

I'm just pointing out how poorly developed the character was.

According to you but many others don't think the same ( barring a few things about him ). There are countless things I van mention about how every character could have been developed in a lot better ways; according to what I think sounds really the way R* should have done.

In the end, Its just my own opinion. Rockstar simply wanted to show Ryder according to what they thought in mind for him, and balancing his act taking into consideration of other factors associated to the development and writing process for the game as a "whole". There are gonna be things that would go under a change as they progress with the game.

In reviewing Ryder, the only flaws pointed out should be that relate to how they executed Ryder within the context of the story then how it should have been better IMO.

I think they did a fine job with Ryder.

Also, you are in absolutely no position to accuse anyone for being defensive about a character when you keep on doing the same thing whenever someone points out CJ's faults. You don't like Ryder? That's your opinion. I'm cool with that. But don't go around instigating vendetta with people you don't know. Especially over the Internet. You're the most querulous person I've ever encountered if you're really getting so hostile towards someone else over a fictional character from a video game.

If my words seem excessively harsh it is only because I am also being insulted, and I am coming off strongly against ONLY with those 'select few' individuals, who come here for posting specifically to make insulting remarks than staying on topic. Don't expect anyone to take such sh*t kindly after being repeatedly faced with such bullsh*t without any instigation on my part.

I never used any insulting remark, but if others throw disrespectful remarks at me then I'm not going to respect their opinions either. Plain and simple.

Dude, nobody insulted you at all, nor did they throw any disrespectful remark at you on this topic to begin with. You're the one who started this bullsh*t in the first place. You question how anyone could like a character you obviously have a blatant antipathy for and then you instigate an altercation with me once I say that Ryder's character was poorly written. I for one thought that Ryder's betrayal was simply improvised and never made any sense to begin with. When he was killed off, it felt more like killing a ped in a vigilante mission. Smoke had a dramatic death scene, Tenpenny had a dramatic death scene, hell even Pulaski had a dramatic death scene. Ryder deserved a bigger role in the game. You could say what you thought, but don't be so rude and instigate bullsh*t with anyone else over this.

• Like 1

Dude, nobody insulted you at all, nor did they throw any disrespectful remark at you on this topic to begin with. You're the one who started this bullsh*t in the first place. You question how anyone could like a character you obviously have a blatant antipathy for and then you instigate an altercation with me once I say that Ryder's character was poorly written. I for one thought that Ryder's betrayal was simply improvised and never made any sense to begin with. When he was killed off, it felt more like killing a ped in a vigilante mission. Smoke had a dramatic death scene, Tenpenny had a dramatic death scene, hell even Pulaski had a dramatic death scene. Ryder deserved a bigger role in the game. You could say what you thought, but don't be so rude and instigate bullsh*t with anyone else over this.

Just ignore him man. That guy starts arguments with EVERYONE! No point in trying to retort to his dogmatic ass.

Lemoyne outlaw

come on osho you dont have to like ryder but you dont have to insult us just because we like a VIRTUAL CHARACTER!! and from what i recall hearing san fierro is the least developed city in the game so maybe rockstar made the missions less developed aswell. too bad rockstar has these stupid universes. i want to see old characters again.

GTA19somethin

come on osho you dont have to like ryder but you dont have to insult us just because we like a VIRTUAL CHARACTER!! and from what i recall hearing san fierro is the least developed city in the game so maybe rockstar made the missions less developed aswell. too bad rockstar has these stupid universes. i want to see old characters again.

Don't worry about it. Osho is the most belligerent motherf*cker ever. He gets hostile and stomps on the throats of anyone who points out any flaw in this game. Now he wants to instigate a bullsh*t argument with people over a video game character he doesn't like. That makes him just as bad as natetheguitarkid and Rollin69.

@GTA19somethin',

took the words out of my mouth full of Ryder juice

lolEditing someone else's comments. Real mature. (caustically speaking)
  • Like 1