[spoilers] should Ryder have had...

Lemoyne outlaw

Lemoyne outlaw

a more dramatic death? i was playing the mission pier 69 and was thinking ryder should have had a cutscene death he was one of my favorite charecters and he just blew up on the boat and i wish he had a last words thing like pulaski. what are your thoughts?

Blasting him from the pier with the Rocket launcher doesn't yield such an ending. Since CJ is so far away he wouldn't hear anything other than the BOOM.

Explosive death isn't conducive to lengthy soliloquy.

Besides Ryder is a junkie.

• 3 weeks later...
hasidichomeboy

how do we know that ryder died? all we saw was the boat blowing up, he could've just jumped off and swam to shore

I agree. His death was pretty much the same as any normal character. Earlier in the game, he was your friend and you helped each other. T-Bone should have had Ryders death as we didnt really know him much. Or maybe ryder was meant, origonally, to get away? Perhaps his death wasnt dramatic as if we in our heads were to think of what happened after the boat blew up. Maybe he survived, maybe he died, its up to you to decide

watersgta3

how do we know that ryder died? all we saw was the boat blowing up, he could've just jumped off and swam to shore

Yeah. Just like these users are saying that Catalina might have survived the helicopter crash in GTA 3 or Lance might have been wearing body armor and pretended to be dead in front of Tommy in GTA Vice City. So who's to say that Ryder couldn't have survived the boat explosive? There's a 45% chance that he might've jumped out and dove under the water before it exploded, then swam to shore while CJ was out of sight. I mean after all, it is Grand Theft Auto. Anything is possible, right?

It might be possible for him to have survived. My theory is, that he dived over to the shore on the Desert and became an insane "man of the wild".

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

A cutscene would've been nice but in all honesty I'm happy with the boat chase alone. I hated Ryder he was such a snitch. (I've met plenty of snitches in the real world that have his same personality type)

Posted this in the other thread, but according to audio files this is how it should have went:

• Like 5

GTA19somethin

A cutscene would've been nice but in all honesty I'm happy with the boat chase alone. I hated Ryder he was such a snitch. (I've met plenty of snitches in the real world that have his same personality type)

Yeah. It's a shame he turned his back on Grove Street like that, because watching him in cutscenes, I truly thought he would stay a staunch Grove Street Family gang member. Guess not. Waste of a great character. smh

I heard that Pier 69 was supposed to be different. Ryder was supposed to be killed on Pier and T Bone in boat chase. But they swapped it.

But i do agree that it'd be more interesting if Ryder had a cutscene or something, his importance was quite big, he was CJ's old friend. Oh well...

Yeah, like dues said. Also T Bone was hardely known compared to Ryder. And on top of that, TBone was an enemy from the start( when we first met him). Ryder was an allie who later turned out to betray you(despite he didnt actually do much to betray you, as he used drugs and was dodgy anyways)

Also isn't there another topic speaking on similar grounds to this one

Edited by Jioyt 123

Yeah. It's a shame he turned his back on Grove Street like that, because watching him in cutscenes, I truly thought he would stay a staunch Grove Street Family gang member. Guess not. Waste of a great character. smh

Yeah. Usually, much like in real life, the people who are the most "try-hard" are also the most full of sh*t and usually have ulterior motives. Not always but you know what I mean.

Yeah. Usually, much like in real life, the people who are the most "try-hard" are also the most full of sh*t and usually have ulterior motives. Not always but you know what I mean.

Yes. I always was suspicious about it. He used his "grove 4-life" to cover his betrayal.

Edited by Deus Ex

Lemoyne outlaw

i saw a movie like youtube video awhile ago were it was ryder survived and went to vice city and tried to get some money and go back and get his revenge on cj it was cool and like yall said he could have dove out real quick he always talked like he was a ninja. i thought ryde was a cool charecter and even though he betrayed carl atleast it took persuasion to get him to betray. which means he still might have liked grove street.

• Like 2

You mean ryders revenge? That was a cool mini series, i loved the trailer aswell

• 2 weeks later...
Boyz2Society

Honestly, Ryder shouldn't have became a traitor to begin with, but if they were going to kill him off, they should've at least had a conversation between him and CJ. Seeing as how CJ is considered the "caring" protagonist, you'd think he would at least talk to his friend before killing him. This is what should've happened. After CJ causes Ryder's boat to blow up, he encounters Ryder again in the last mission when he is about to exit the crack house after killing Big Smoke. When CJ becomes shocked that Ryder had, in fact, somehow survived the boat explosion, Ryder explains that he jumped out of the boat and dove under the water right before the vehicle's impending explosion. Then he swam to shore right after CJ was out of his sight and was incognito for a while. Then he and CJ would get into a huge gunfight around the burning flames and Ryder would be hard to kill since he has a stronger weapon and is much more elusive than CJ. But CJ still manages to finally shoot him down and asks Ryder why he would turn his back on him. Ryder explains that he was convinced by Smoke and never intended to betray the Grove Street Families. He apologizes to CJ and his last words are "See you in hell, CJ. You'll always be my homie, even after I f*cked you, your brother, and the rest of the Groves over." right before finally dying as the building continues to burn. That would've been an epic ending for such a great character.

i saw a movie like youtube video awhile ago were it was ryder survived and went to vice city and tried to get some money and go back and get his revenge on cj it was cool and like yall said he could have dove out real quick he always talked like he was a ninja. i thought ryde was a cool charecter and even though he betrayed carl atleast it took persuasion to get him to betray. which means he still might have liked grove street.

I saw that move too, it was nice.

GTA19somethin

Honestly, Ryder shouldn't have became a traitor to begin with, but if they were going to kill him off, they should've at least had a conversation between him and CJ. Seeing as how CJ is considered the "caring" protagonist, you'd think he would at least talk to his friend before killing him. This is what should've happened. After CJ causes Ryder's boat to blow up, he encounters Ryder again in the last mission when he is about to exit the crack house after killing Big Smoke. When CJ becomes shocked that Ryder had, in fact, somehow survived the boat explosion, Ryder explains that he jumped out of the boat and dove under the water right before the vehicle's impending explosion. Then he swam to shore right after CJ was out of his sight and was incognito for a while. Then he and CJ would get into a huge gunfight around the burning flames and Ryder would be hard to kill since he has a stronger weapon and is much more elusive than CJ. But CJ still manages to finally shoot him down and asks Ryder why he would turn his back on him. Ryder explains that he was convinced by Smoke and never intended to betray the Grove Street Families. He apologizes to CJ and his last words are "See you in hell, CJ. You'll always be my homie, even after I f*cked you, your brother, and the rest of the Groves over." right before finally dying as the building continues to burn. That would've been an epic ending for such a great character.

Man, if that really happened at the end of the game, it would be in my list of not only the best mission in GTA San Andreas, but also the greatest video game storyline last mission of all time. That's what should have been done. Instead of having Ryder killed in the mission, R* should've had him survive the boat explosion and he would return in the last mission to battle CJ. Not only would that be epic, but it would've made GTA San Andreas much more unique since all of the GTA characters you kill are dead and don't survive at all.

MetroFloaty

Man, if that really happened at the end of the game, it would be in my list of not only the best mission in GTA San Andreas, but also the greatest video game storyline last mission of all time. That's what should have been done. Instead of having Ryder killed in the mission, R* should've had him survive the boat explosion and he would return in the last mission to battle CJ. Not only would that be epic, but it would've made GTA San Andreas much more unique since all of the GTA characters you kill are dead and don't survive at all.

Except for Mike Toreno.

GTA19somethin

Except for Mike Toreno.

You talking about the mission Toreno's Last Flight? That helicopter CJ shot down was just a decoy sent by Toreno. He was never inside the helicopter.

Except for Mike Toreno.

That was a joke, right? Because anyone who played the game knows that Toreno sent that helicopter as a decoy while he was incognito for a while.

People, Let us EDIT down those QUOTES, to just what you are replying to. OR if you are responding to the previous post don't even quote at all.

latigreblue

The dialogue for that mission between CJ and Ryder is also very odd. It always sounded to me like Ryder's voice actor was not required at all for the scenes as the two quotes I heard from Ryder - 'You can't stop me!' and 'I'm a mudderF@ genius!' sound like miscellaneous audio recorded for previous missions. It also didn't make that much sense as replies in terms of what was being said by Carl. I agree that the dialogue could have been fleshed out a bit more.

Obviously, R* f*cked up his death. IMO, it would have been better if he was not the one who betrayed the famillies and CJ, only Big smoke being the only that betrayed them with CRASH. Ryder could have been with CJ in San fierro in the woods, and done some funny missions with him: Because he has no clue what to do in San fierro and stuff like that.

Now, if he would die: I think CJ should have done an execution or cut scene kill. Ryder did not deserve to swim, and only go half way and get shot by CJ with a 50. cal sniper bullet..

• Like 4

Omega_Is_Here

In the beta you kill ryder in a different way...

You confront him face to face with Cesar and then you shoot him...

Much better then the final version IMO

Download things to do in san andreas 4 more info

Edited by Lone Rider

• 3 months later...

He shouldn't have betrayed GSF in the first place. Him turning into a traitor went against his passionate, staunch personality in the beginning of the game.