GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How do you leave a game while being spawn killed?

-alx-ndr-

I was trapped in one of these boosting deathmatches (10,000,000RP etc...) and the only way to leave was to quit the game or turn off my PS3...

Is there an easier way than having to re-boot the game every time??? Sorry if this is a stupid question...

A Maned Wolf

Pull up the phone go on job list and press square

Doesn't work if you are taking damage rapidly.

• Like 1

Go into passive, laugh at them and change sessions.

Laughing at someone after you got your ass kicked? Yea you sure showed them :rol:

toughmeister

Pull up the phone go on job list and press square

On the kind of Deathmatches OP is talking about you don't get the chance to get your phone up because everyone spawns infront of each other. Another reason not to play those sort of DMs.

Edited by toughmeister

Laughing at someone after you got your ass kicked? Yea you sure showed them :rol:

I was actually doing ok... my entire team left so it was me vs 10 guys on their team. I sometimes managed to kill 3-4 of them before they shot me as you can get quad damage from death streaks.

I was just tired of it as there was 20mins left on the timer -_-

I couldn't pause the game or get my phone out without being killed btw... I was just thinking there was some other way of leaving when you're taking damage and dying.

I wish there was an option for only rockstar approved games...

Edited by -alx-ndr-

Simple answer: Don't join those Deathmatches to begin with.

-Bill

• Like 2

press your ps button and hover over psn account management, hit triangle and sign out, press ps button again return to game, revert to story mode and then sign back in and continue on your merry way

yoloswag420xd

press your ps button and hover over psn account management, hit triangle and sign out, press ps button again return to game, revert to story mode and then sign back in and continue on your merry way

damn bro you ninja'd me...was about to press post and accidentally refreshed and saw your post :D but yeah thats what i do too.

----------------------

Hold Down on the dpad and switch out to SP. Then rejoin Online.

• Like 2

Usually "Network Connection error" gets me it seems...

I was actually doing ok... my entire team left so it was me vs 10 guys on their team. I sometimes managed to kill 3-4 of them before they shot me as you can get quad damage from death streaks.

I couldn't pause the game or get my phone out without being killed btw... I was just thinking there was some other way of leaving when you're taking damage and dying.

My comment was not directed at your situation. It was directed at his ridiculous suggestion. We all have our bad days.

Sorry man, I thought you were in free-roam, should have read your OP properly.

I've never played any of these dodgy deathmatches but is there not an option to hide your blip before you respawn (I think it's B on the Xbox)? Is it possible to do this to give yourself time to quit or do you spawn in clear view of the spawn killer?

Lesson leaned though, don't join these Deathmatches as BLeonard says. Stick to Rockstar ones or ones that don't promise ridiculous amounts of cash and RP. If you have not done so already, I'd suggest joining a crew or playing with friends so you're not having to resort to entering these dodgy deathmatches to try and make cash.

Yeah 'cos most spawn killers can't get their tiny brains around passive and will keep trying to shoot you so let them waste their ammo and cash and means they have to grind more rather than doing something fun in the game.

Edited by am30

boosting deathmatches (10,000,000RP etc...)

are you stupid?

Yeah 'cos most spawn killers can't get their tiny brains around passive and will keep trying to shoot you so let them waste their ammo and cash and means they have to grind more rather than doing something fun in the game.

Half the time the player dot doesn't change to a passive dot and they shoot to check if you're still passive or not.

Edited by Semperfiman550

A Maned Wolf

-Bill

You can get put into those matches even through quick match and random, so that's not really helping.

Send them hate messages containing obscene words then add to block list ;)

Half the time the player dot doesn't change to a passive dot and they shoot to check if you're still passive or not.

this, ^^ buggy ass game, then they switch back and shoot you without warning cause their icon was never passive symbol, very annoying. I run them over when they go passive and follow me, cheating little f*cks.

-Bill

You can get put into those matches even through quick match and random, so that's not really helping.

you don't get put into an on going match.

you have the option to leave the lobby if you're put into a random job you don't want to do. I'm sure there's cases where you join right as the host is launching, but you can easily leave by pressing down on the d-pad, & up (left or right) on the left stick.

sidenote: since UGC has been added, I no longer join "random" anything.

Biggie Kaniff

Hold the down button and select one of the sp characters, and voila you'll be in singleplayer in no time.

manicmechanic71

You pause the game and find a new session or you quit to the dashboard.

What he said

RoyalRedXIII

I think it's unanimous that if you don't join these jobs, you won't get trapped in them and then Have to ask us questions :p INFACT, that experience right there alone should be the solution itself.

Or in other words:

Join anotha muthaf*ckin 100,000RP death match again muthaf*cka!

I dare you! I double dare you!

jules-with-gun.gif