3DS MAX Custom Animations and using biped?

identitymatrix

identitymatrix

Does anyone know how to use the biped for creating custom animations?

I know how to animate it and all but I don't know how to export that animation with OIV because there is no root bone to choose.

Do I have to rig the bones to a model?

I'm not too sure on this.

Alexander Blade

OFIO understands only the skeletons made using dummy as a bone with special props (see user props tab)

Edited by Alexander Blade

UltraNineNine

I know how to animate it and all but I don't know how to export that animation with OIV because there is no root bone to choose.

If you want to use the biped for creating an animation you need to download this,just follow the instruction in the readme but make sure that you put the scripts folder into the main directory of your 3dsmax first. Again you are using wrong topic friend ^^

identitymatrix

Hey Blade,

Nice to hear from you,

I'm not sure what this props menu is, whether it is part of your importer or MAX, I'm more a Cinema4D person, but are you saying you cannot use the biped?

Because the way the joints work is such as blessing compared to h1vltg3s rig. Half of the time I select the damn helpers and not the bone.

Using the name list is slow work so I just deleted the dummy so I can get the actual bones selected.

*Edit

Bob Lester tells JulioNIB tells me that you can you the biped by exporting the fbx and them importing ontop of h1vltg3s rig. looks like it would work (Let's me export the anim) but then it is a static default pose in OpenIV.

;(

Edited by TheVideoVolcano

identitymatrix

If you want to use the biped for creating an animation you need to download this,just follow the instruction in the readme but make sure that you put the scripts folder into the main directory of your 3dsmax first. Again you are using wrong topic friend ^^

ah! Thanks, I saw before but for it was yet another export tool. But for some reason, when I play in OpenIV, the animation doesn't move.